Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2012, 11:54 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times

Advertisements

In the reinactment Zimmerman did for the police, he says that originally he was just headed for a trip to the grocery store. Who takes a gun to the grocery store anyway?

Old 12-09-2012, 11:56 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
In the reinactment Zimmerman did for the police, he says that originally he was just headed for a trip to the grocery store. Who takes a gun to the grocery store anyway?
A lot of people with CCW permits. I know people who are practically always armed.

Old 12-10-2012, 12:40 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Zimmerman felt he was threatened with bodily harm by Trayvon.

If Zimmerman defense takes that approach, Zimmerman has to take the stand. That means the prosecution will shread him.

How can Zim state he "felt" threatened, without taking the stand? That is going to be the trick here. It will be interesting to watch.
Why does his lawyer saying 'my client felt threatened' necessitate Zimmerman taking the stand? I don't get it.

Old 12-10-2012, 12:45 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Who cares? He was legally able to carry it.

It's interesting how the left portrays Martin potentially casing a house to rob as him just taking a stroll in the neighborhood but anything Zimmerman did has suspicion or evil intent attached to it.

Now I'm not saying Martin wasn't just taking a walk, and I'm not saying Zimmerman wasn't trolling for a confrontation.

I'm just saying either question both or question neither.

Old 12-10-2012, 04:38 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post

It's interesting how the left portrays Martin potentially casing a house to rob as him just taking a stroll in the neighborhood but anything Zimmerman did has suspicion or evil intent attached to it.

Now I'm not saying Martin wasn't just taking a walk, and I'm not saying Zimmerman wasn't trolling for a confrontation.

Maybe "the left" would have questioned Martin's actions had he killed Zimmerman with his gun. Nah.....nobody would have questioned that because he would have been arrested immediately.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:16 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Why does his lawyer saying 'my client felt threatened' necessitate Zimmerman taking the stand? I don't get it.
If gz had kept his mouth shut, he'd probably have to testify as a practical matter to tell his side of the story. Because he did the reverse and talked too much, he won't have to testify. He's told his story. Unless he's a moron who insists on testifying [possible] or his lawyers think he'd be a great witness [impossible], no witness stand for gz.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:48 AM

1,147 posts, read 1,899,457 times
Quote:

A lawyer can not testify for a client.

In this case they have two options:

A) rely on the assertion that the state can't not make their case

B)Put Zimmerman on the stand to make the "I was scared" case.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:36 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times
Quote:

Maybe because you don't usually case a place that you yourself live in --- Martin had been staying there for the last 2 weeks.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:32 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIOC View Post
A lawyer can not testify for a client.

In this case they have two options:

A) rely on the assertion that the state can't not make their case

B)Put Zimmerman on the stand to make the "I was scared" case.
I know that Zimmerman is not required to take the stand; it's his legal right to testify or to not testify.

However, I'm wondering, since they filed an affirmative defense in this case of self defense, how do they make their case, who will they put on the stand when it's their turn, or can they just say when the state rests that they have no witnesses?

Old 12-10-2012, 09:37 AM

1,147 posts, read 1,899,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I know that Zimmerman is not required to take the stand; it's his legal right to testify or to not testify.

However, I'm wondering, since they filed an affirmative defense in this case of self defense, how do they make their case, who will they put on the stand when it's their turn, or can they just say when the state rests that they have no witnesses?
I really agree with you. I don't see how the defense makes thier case without putting Zimmerman on the stand. I was just stating the options the defense had; with "the lawyer testifying for the client" not being one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies