Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 06:03 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,590,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Agreed.
But don't expect anything now, with the election and storm event.
Most of the media was already sweeping it under the rug. Very irresponsible.
The media will not be able to sweep it under the rug as it is to big. The storm will keep this at bay for another day at best and then it will be back on the radar.

Anyone with half a brain and care for human life will demand Obama provide answers to this!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2012, 06:42 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
You are absolutely correct. WHo are the sources? My source told me none of this is true.
Seeing as how you are probably a devote follower of MSNBC:
Quote:

“If we find out we that there was a big breakdown, and somebody didn’t do their job, they’ll be held accountable,” he said, before taking responsibility for the event. “Ultimately, as commander-in-chief, I’m responsible, and I don’t shy away from that responsibility. My No. 1 responsibility is to go after the folks who did this, and we’re going to make sure we get them.”
EXCLUSIVE: Obama talks Benghazi accountability, bipartisanship, and deficit

There is a difference between being held accountable and taking responsibility.

Good to see that when Obama isn't doing the comedy tour, he finds time to appear on "honest" mainstream media.

Old 10-31-2012, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
When something favorable to Obama comes from 'sources close to the Administration,' I'll try to remember you and others who don't give credibility unless a source gives their name.
Interesting how it works, isn't it? An unnamed source from the WH said........or how Harry Reid had an unnamed source............or an unnamed source leaked WH info................blah, blah, blah

Old 10-31-2012, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
The facts from Fox. They can't even keep their lies straight.

Here is the CIA said ON FOX. IF you want to believe lies...go ahead, but this is not from pretend "sources".

"We can say with confidence that the Agency reacted quickly to aid our colleagues during that terrible evening in Benghazi," [Youngblood] said. "Moreover, no one at any level in the CIA told anybody not to help those in need; claims to the contrary are simply inaccurate. In fact, it is important to remember how many lives were saved by courageous Americans who put their own safety at risk that night-and that some of those selfless Americans gave their lives in the effort to rescue their comrades." [FoxNews.com, 10/26/12]
but................but...................but FOX lies!!!! Are you saying that the above statement is a lie??

Old 10-31-2012, 07:35 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
More hearsay.
If someone isn't willing to give their name, I'm not willing to give them credibility.
Especially on faux.
What is it that you folks on the left think went on that day of the attack?

Do you believe that our president was NOT informed immediately, when it was known the life of our ambassador was in danger?

Obama's White House Schedule says he was meeting with the VP and the Secretary of Defense at 5:00PM. Do you seriously think neither of these three men was informed, neither of them was curious as to the fate of the lives of the people in our consulate?

What is it that you people think was going on in the White House???

Old 10-31-2012, 08:19 AM

1,291 posts, read 2,895,920 times
Open your eyes people!

"There is a ton of information floating around about what really happened at the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya on September 11, 2012. If you listen to Obama, Biden and rest of that team, you will have already heard a number of lies and cover-ups. And like so many other things, the more lying and covering up that is done, the more different conspiracy theories begin to abound."

http://godfatherpolitics.com/7681/be...m-brotherhood/

Old 10-31-2012, 09:02 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,055,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
The media will not be able to sweep it under the rug as it is too big. The storm will keep this at bay for another day at best and then it will be back on the radar.
You're being optimistic and though I wish you were right, most of the media has done quite a good job so far of sweeping this under the rug. To add to that, far-left news sources are twisting the story and outright denying any wrongdoing or negligence by the Obama administration and shifting blame elsewhere to use as a campaign tactic, not surprisingly.

We shall see....

Old 10-31-2012, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
You're being optimistic and though I wish you were right, they've done quite a good job so far of sweeping this under the rug. We shall see....
And in the meantime - the republicans will pound away at this to get to the truth - regardless of who wins the election. The news stories may die down but the investigation won't, as it shouldn't.

Old 10-31-2012, 09:16 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,588,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
And in the meantime - the republicans will pound away at this to get to the truth - regardless of who wins the election. The news stories may die down but the investigation won't, as it shouldn't.
POTUS has enough common sense not to focus on this Libya thing and track down the terrorist the real villiains , while the re/pub/I/can't assume that the POTUS is the terrorist that killed the Ambassador and three other security team members.

Old 10-31-2012, 09:20 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,588,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Just like a democrat to make a promise you can't possibly keep
I'm not a Dem but a Independent from way back in 1982
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies