Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 03:30 AM

656 posts, read 1,356,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
On a serious note, watching the analysis tonight they mentioned that 65% of Americans felt Romney was better suited to handle the economy. And they still elected Obama.

What's more important than the economy? The rest is chaffe.
They are more interested in smoking pot and Joe marrying Joe while the economy goes in a downward spiral. Oh well. Maybe we should all quit our jobs and Start getting Handouts.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:13 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
It was a close race/vote if you look at the popular vote numbers.
Also the percentage of Americans that voted declined from 2008 levels but they don't have the final figure yet.

With 60% of Americans dependent on the FedGov for some type of financial assistance, I'm not surprised that the Dems got re-elected.

What does worry me though is that the deficit/debt will not be addressed and the printing press will continue to run to fund programs that we can't afford.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:15 AM

1,652 posts, read 2,550,854 times
Quote:
economy top issue, voters aren't convinced romney has a better plan, stick with the devil they know.
fify

Old 11-07-2012, 06:19 AM

264 posts, read 774,995 times
It's funny how negative some people are about unemployment in the United States, yet the WORLD is coming together and globalization has never been seen in a more optimistic view. We live in a GLOBAL community now, some people need to readjust their stagnant beliefs and outdated philosophies and transition into what the world has become and what the United States role is in that global community.

I believe this country will be just fine, in fact I think we are heading to a thriving and uplifting period of time, and not just for the rich and privileged, but for everyone.

*How do I know this, why do I say this you ask? Because I know there are a few industries that we never would have imagined would become multi-billion dollar players in our economy. New products, new medical processes, etc...some companies will fail, but there are certainly opportunities for new ones. And not just big business, for entrepreneurs and small businesses as well. We are going to see many changes in the next several years in business, engineering, entertainment, etc etc.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfo.evo View Post
It's funny how negative some people are about unemployment in the United States, yet the WORLD is coming together and globalization has never been in a more optimistic perspective. We live in a GLOBAL community now, some people need to readjust their stagnant beliefs and outdated philosophies and transition into what the world has become and what the United States role is in that global community.
Another item that needs to adjust is our standard of living. It has to come down so we can be competitive. Its the emerging nations that are fueling the surge in globalization, not the debt ridden first world countries.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:32 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,343,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonProfessional View Post
Four more years of stagnation. It was really sad watching all the young people in times square celebrating. In four years, half of them will be unemployed or underemployed. Obama is really hurting the youth the worst.
If they're naive enough to believe they can segue from an "education" that doesn't involve much serious study to a "job" that doesn't involve a lot of real, tedious, time-consuming work, then they will merely have brought their own misery upon themselves.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:45 AM

Maybe the voters are concerned about the economy and want their social programs continued, not cut.
We have 83 means tested social welfare programs costing over $1 trillion a year.

There's two ways to view their concern about the economy. Maybe they only care about their programs not getting cut.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:51 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,259,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonProfessional View Post
Four more years of stagnation. It was really sad watching all the young people in times square celebrating. In four years, half of them will be unemployed or underemployed. Obama is really hurting the youth the worst.
They voted for him to support gay marriage. Don't fool yourself, this election was about social issues, not the economy.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:52 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,655,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post
I'm doing great.

Your Village Idiot from Texas destroyed America....and Obama is cleaning it up.
OK, what exactly did Bush do to destory it? Or are you just spouting some kind of rhetoric?

What is Obama doing to clean it up when our credit has been downgraded due to his over-spending, gas prices are higher and he wants them even higher, there are more people living in poverty, more people on foodstamps, economists are predicting nothing to get better for a long time, the financial markets are falsely propped up by QE dollars ?

Old 11-07-2012, 06:55 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,758,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post
I'm doing great.

Your Village Idiot from Texas destroyed America....and Obama is cleaning it up.
I'm a 24 year old gainfully employed college graduate and I concur.

I don't think Romney could do any better so we may as well let Barack continue cleaning up Bush's .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies