Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 07:40 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times

Advertisements

The state of the economy is their concern and they voted in the left who will fix it for them.
People don't want to fix it themselves; they want someone else to fix it for them, open doors, pay them more, pave the way to Utopia.

Old 11-07-2012, 07:45 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,684,958 times
In a way, I'm sad, because Obama sucks.

But, in a way I'm happy, because it just sent a grim message to the Republicans. Give the boot to the Christian conservative nut jobs that are trying to re-shape the party, and maybe there's a chance in 2016.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:08 AM

796 posts, read 505,354 times
Romney was better choice to handle economy. He loss due to not having the beat campaign, and republicans views on social issues. A lot of minorities and low income want hand outs, hispanics want no restrictions on illegal immigrants coming over, etc. young people also connect more with Obama. Now Obama being in office will not help our economy, especially in the black community where unemployment and wealth is the worst. I hope for the best but deep down know things will get worst.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:22 AM

264 posts, read 774,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VABlkCONSERV View Post
Romney was better choice to handle economy. He loss due to not having the beat campaign, and republicans views on social issues. A lot of minorities and low income want hand outs, hispanics want no restrictions on illegal immigrants coming over, etc. young people also connect more with Obama. Now Obama being in office will not help our economy, especially in the black community where unemployment and wealth is the worst. I hope for the best but deep down know things will get worst.
Good points and arguments, but all of this is just a result of short-term thinking. If you incorporate a longer-term thinking pattern, and not just about what's in your pocket now, then you may just see the "fruits" of this country's hard-work and dedication.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:36 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The state of the economy is their concern and they voted in the left who will fix it for them.
People don't want to fix it themselves; they want someone else to fix it for them, open doors, pay them more, pave the way to Utopia.

Your right, can't be that concern with this tanking negative economy. How true, people think that others, must fix things for them. Instead of doing for themself, no respect for these people.

I did talk with some dem friends last nite, who did not vote for Obama this time. They cannot believe it, they even said, Romeny could get the economy going, and that with Obama, we are going to get the same as the past 4 years.

They also said some people have seald their fate. Because people will lose jobs, and that will be at their own hands.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:47 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Your right, can't be that concern with this tanking negative economy. How true, people think that others, must fix things for them. Instead of doing for themself, no respect for these people.

I did talk with some dem friends last nite, who did not vote for Obama this time. They cannot believe it, they even said, Romeny could get the economy going, and that with Obama, we are going to get the same as the past 4 years.

They also said some people have seald their fate. Because people will lose jobs, and that will be at their own hands.
Honestly though, with a divided Congress, I don't think Romney would get all that much accomplished.
He would run into the same stumbling blocks that Obama does....blocked in Congress.

Our bottleneck here is Congress. They are corrupt and beholden to ones with money and spend their time trying to squeeze personal pork projects into bills to keep their constituents happy enough to keep them in office.

Our real problem here is Congress.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:23 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
The DOW doubled during the Obama term. If one of the one percent had put a million dollars into the stock market the day Obama was inaugurated, it would now be worth $2-million. I guess that is not good enough for them. "Four more years of the same" would only run that up to $4-million.

By the way, it is down about 300 today, so another great opportunity to buy in while it's low.

Last edited by jtur88; 11-07-2012 at 10:13 AM..

Old 11-07-2012, 09:48 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post
Which is precisely why they re-elected Obama...he's still fixing the Bush mess.

But unemployment will probably be down to 5 or 6% after his second term is done...and the Democratic Party will get the credit.

Andrew Cuomo/Elizabeth Warren will defeat Rick Santorum/Michelle Bachman in 2016.
What makes you think that the Republican establishment will still be picking their nominees in 2016? I think you are counting on something that may well be a thing of the past.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:53 AM

4,437 posts, read 4,867,259 times
I have to agree, four more years of the same old same old.
The only true winner were the corporations it was a win win situation no matter which corporate candidate won.
It will be business as usual in Washington D.C., the money from K Street will continue to roll in.
Wars will continue and spread,the war machine will continue to suck the life out of our economy, our rights will continued to be curtailed, our environment will continue to erode as we drill in the Artic and pump tar sand oil across the country along with fracking and blowing up mountain tops as Monsanto continues to wreck havic with our food supply system.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:54 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Honestly though, with a divided Congress, I don't think Romney would get all that much accomplished.
He would run into the same stumbling blocks that Obama does....blocked in Congress.

Our bottleneck here is Congress. They are corrupt and beholden to ones with money and spend their time trying to squeeze personal pork projects into bills to keep their constituents happy enough to keep them in office.

Our real problem here is Congress.
And very few of those people who voted for Obama and the same Congressmen to represent them know what they actually did. It is so sad but so true that our Congress didn't change very many people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies