Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 08:10 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,458,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I notice based on your that spending started to drop after the GOP took control of the house.
In 2000, when Democrats gained control of the Senate, the deficit increased for FY02. In 2002, when the GOP gained control of Congress, the deficit decreased for FY04. When the Democrats gained control of both houses of Congress in 2006 the deficit skyrocketed for FY08.

Even using that graph, it is pretty obvious which political party is fiscally responsible and which is not.

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-08-2012 at 09:42 AM.. Reason: discuss the topic, not other posters
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 08:11 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,421,542 times
Hawkeye -

People who don't have anything have nothing to lose. They think voting for liberals will get them something. The other segment is the liberal elite - they have so much they don't care anymore, because deep inside they know they won't really pay anyway - they have the same tax lawyers as us.

You're wasting your breath. Most of these jokers don't have anything. That's not a bad thing - it's just the reality. And the reality is they will always make anyone successful the villain. Human nature. If we have something they don't, then we must be lying, cheating, silver spoon white guys keeping them down. The 20 years I worked almost 24/7 building a business, the risk, the sacrifices, mean nothing. I have it, they don't. They want it. And they don't want to work for it.

America used to be a country where anyone could succeed. The liberals wanted a country where nobody could fail. When we get there, we will all be equally poor - except for our Uncle Sam. That is the goal of the progressive (Communist) movement.

Oh, I carry an LCP when I walk the dog. Not much for killing zombies or real defense but it is not bad for a lightweight pea shooter. The rest of his guns are junk.

Oh - auto AK's are already illegal. Too bad these liberals think every gun is full auto Rambo style.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:15 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times
Here is a glimpse at our future if the democrats get their way........

President Camacho - YouTube

Old 11-08-2012, 08:31 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,243,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I seriously doubt that NoJiveMan comprehends that Congress controls the purse strings of the nation, not Presidents. In 2000, when Democrats gained control of the Senate, the deficit increased for FY02. In 2002, when the GOP gained control of Congress, the deficit decreased for FY04. When the Democrats gained control of both houses of Congress in 2006 the deficit skyrocketed for FY08.

Even using that graph, it is pretty obvious which political party is fiscally responsible and which is not.
It's also obvious that 2 wars were started during that period of time 2000-2008, and of course spending went up, how else were 2 wars supposed to be funded? I really don't think you so called conservatives realize you cannot cut tax revenues and fight 2 wars with no money coming in, or is that way too difficult for the righties to understand? I always thought conservatives used fuzzy math, your post proves it.

http://costofwar.com/

Old 11-08-2012, 08:43 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,226,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Cost of War to the United States | COSTOFWAR.COM

As we saw under Bush and Co. Republicans care a lot about budget and fiscal responsibility, once Obama was elected, that is. Oh wait, they totally didn't care.
I'm a reformed conservative trying to fit in a liberal world so it's always bushes fault the liberals have no responsibility for the economy . It's so liberating to have republicans to blame for everything . Liberals do not have to admit to any responsibility. Now that I have reformed I hope we can move forward as liberal country. That can blame all of our problems on one person . It's so liberating to not need to worry about our deficit we can just spend with no thoughts of our children . Why should we care w can abort them all

Old 11-08-2012, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
It's also obvious that 2 wars were started during that period of time 2000-2008, and of course spending went up, how else were 2 wars supposed to be funded? I really don't think you so called conservatives realize you cannot cut tax revenues and fight 2 wars with no money coming in, or is that way too difficult for the righties to understand? I always thought conservatives used fuzzy math, your post proves it.

Yes bushes wars caused Obama to go 5 trillion in debt . Hail obama

Old 11-08-2012, 08:47 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,682,360 times
Quote:

So explain to us how deficit spending quadrupled under 0bama when we are only fighting one war?

Old 11-08-2012, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
So explain to us how deficit spending quadrupled under 0bama when we are only fighting one war?
It's bushes fault

Old 11-08-2012, 10:47 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brajohns81 View Post
At the expense of our rights.
Please explain.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:04 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:

Not only were those two wars started, but, they weren't included in the budget until after Mr. Obama was inaugurated. Isn't it interesting how those who yell loudest about the increased deficit never mention how Mr. Bush kept those costs off-book?

I agree with the OP. Things are simply not as bad as the doomers want to believe it to be. We've seen over the past four years how they essentially wanted to create a self-fulfilling prophecy and now are simply crest-fallen because the American people saw through their smoke and mirrors.

It is painfully clear from all of the threads started in the past couple of days that they care more about advancing their own agenda than they do about the health of this country.
Very sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies