Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 11:19 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,583,124 times

Advertisements

About.com: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703789104576272891515344726.html

Take a look at this table of debt to GDP ratios for countries around the world and consider what's happening in the countries with ratios just above ours. The President's plan is to have people pay little more and take the "savings" from the war and spend on other things. People do not have enough to address the problem by "paying a little more" and the money "saved" from the war is not saved. That money was borrowed so it's just spending more borrowed money and telling people it's saved. That's like saying I'll stop spending on Visa and use the savings to spend on Discover.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 11:21 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Their "agenda" is the health of this country. Democrats on the other hand are destroying it.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:24 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,299,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Because I have a 3 year old granddaughter who I would like to have a debt free life and not be excessively taxed. Hopefully she will have the same opportunities as I've had in life.
Then you should have been worried about this situation a helluva long time ago. Like when Bush 43 was spending like a drunken sailor on two wars while cutting taxes with no significant economic growth.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:32 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Grandaughter wasn't even alive when Bush was president. Duh

Old 11-08-2012, 11:38 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Grandaughter wasn't even alive when Bush was president. Duh
So like a rightist. Only care when it impacts him or her personally.

Old 11-08-2012, 12:27 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,631,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
I see a great future for this country. I think the statistic is 27 straight months of private sector job growth. The economy is slowly improving and will continue to improve as long as our politicians don't try to rock the boat with extremist policies.

The rise of natural gas and hydralic fracutring is giving the USA a cheap and plentiful fuel source. I can see a day when the US becomes self sufficient in energy.

Because of all this cheap fuel, manufacturing is making a comeback as companies "onshore" to the US. I work in the electronics field and you will not believe how good the latest generation of robots have gotten. Manufacturers are building completely automated factories that will make the USA the most productive country in the world. And productivity = wealth.

Maybe it is because I am just naturally optimistic? Can someone explain to me why Republicans are so scared about the future?
First off it is not just Republican/ Conservatives who are worried about the future.

You were given well written repsonses about the fiscal cliff America is about to go off. Do you pay attention?

Yet you ignored them.

Yet you only responded back to the post on gay marriage. Most people don't care about gay marriage.

As the saying goes "it's the economy stupid".

Old 11-08-2012, 12:33 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,870,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
1. Religious rights- Now where in the world (in your small liberal mind) did you ever hear that conservatives want to ban religions? Conservatives just don't want Shariah Law in the US. Two of my partners are Muslim- they don't want Shariah Law either.

2. Private sector- right- we have the largest tax increase in US history coming, with increased burdens on business via Obamacare and EPA regulations.

3. Choices? Smoke all the weed and have all the abortions you want. Studies have show that abortion has reduced the crime rate, as there are fewer undesireables in society. These aborted children, of course, would have grown up mostly to be democrats. Stem cell research? I am all for it.
You were one of the posters who took the pledge that if Romney lost, you would not post on C-D for seven days.

//www.city-data.com/forum/26723595-post1.html

Yet here you are. Your word obviously means nothing. Why should anyone listen to anything you say now?

Old 11-08-2012, 12:38 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Not only were those two wars started, but, they weren't included in the budget until after Mr. Obama was inaugurated. Isn't it interesting how those who yell loudest about the increased deficit never mention how Mr. Bush kept those costs off-book?

I agree with the OP. Things are simply not as bad as the doomers want to believe it to be. We've seen over the past four years how they essentially wanted to create a self-fulfilling prophecy and now are simply crest-fallen because the American people saw through their smoke and mirrors.

It is painfully clear from all of the threads started in the past couple of days that they care more about advancing their own agenda than they do about the health of this country.
Very sad.
Very pathetic republicans for wanting to stop the out of control spending. They should be ashamed of themselves for wanting to slow spending, Our economy has nothing to do with the Dem's and Obama. Dem's and Obama are wonderful ..all hail Obama he and the Dem's never again have to listen to those pathetic republicans trying to control spending

Old 11-08-2012, 01:00 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Very pathetic republicans for wanting to stop the out of control spending. They should be ashamed of themselves for wanting to slow spending, Our economy has nothing to do with the Dem's and Obama. Dem's and Obama are wonderful ..all hail Obama he and the Dem's never again have to listen to those pathetic republicans trying to control spending
Oh stop it.

Y'all didn't care when Reagan or either Bush was president. When they were in office, running up the deficit was for "the good of the country," "to end the Cold War," blah, blah, blah.

And, we all know they aren't really interested in stopping spending now. When an "R" puts ending Big Oil and Gas subsidies on the table I'll believe, When an "R" puts ending subsidies for Big Ag on the table I'll believe. When an "R" puts ending the manufacture of jets and tanks that the military doesn't want, I'll believe.

Until then, it's just so much talk.

Old 11-08-2012, 01:02 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Oh stop it.

Y'all didn't care when Reagan or either Bush was president. When they were in office, running up the deficit was for "the good of the country," "to end the Cold War," blah, blah, blah.

And, we all know they aren't really interested in stopping spending now. When an "R" puts ending Big Oil and Gas subsidies on the table I'll believe, When an "R" puts ending subsidies for Big Ag on the table I'll believe. When an "R" puts ending the manufacture of jets and tanks that the military doesn't want, I'll believe.

Until then, it's just so much talk.
You have no idea what i said when they were president. Dems wan tot spend is into oblivion like how you talk then go for it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies