Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 12:54 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times

Advertisements

Let's talk about Texans...

We are some of the most Patriotic hard headed independent love of country you'll ever meet. We don't always agree but We get along well between the Black, White, Hispanic and Asian people. We want this country to suceed and hate to see anyone do harm or hurt.

Got a need or a problem... call a Texan. Got Katrina or Sandy kicking your azz... call a Texan. We are always the first to lend a hand or give you money. We love our Gays, our Religious, try to welcome everyone with open arms.

Texans believe in freedom and will fight to keep as much freedom as possible. Texans believe in hard work and creativity. We have some of the best and worst politicians. Yes we love our guns, our rights and try to keep our Taxes as low as possible.

Texas loves the US and does not want it to go down the toilet.

********* We're From Texas - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 12:54 PM

933 posts, read 1,533,887 times
I wouldn't mind Texas seceding if they give people enough time to get out.

Ten years after secession, Texas will resemble Iran more then the USA.

Old 11-08-2012, 12:56 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,401,311 times
It's amazing that whenever a democrat wins a duly held election, the fanatical right in certain states like Texas start talking about succession. I never heard anyone from Massachusetts, Vermont or New York call for succession under the Bush Administration? It may be that blue state residents are more patriotic than red state residents.

Old 11-08-2012, 12:57 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,607,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diva360 View Post
Little thought experiment here. I am curious as to what y'all imagine the logistics of such a secession might entail. An amendment to the Texas Constitution? An armed insurrection against a federal target (a la Fort Sumtner in SC)? Both? I used to live in Austin, so I am seriously curious of how advocates imagine this would actually happen. It won't, but still--how would it work?
Like I said, this isn't about seceding from the Union - yet. It's about "seceding" from federal overreach and resisting certain destructive policies imposed by Washington.

For example, with respect to the HHS abortion/contraception mandate, Texas is a state that could tell the Obama administration "no, you're not going to impose this tyrannical directive on Texas institutions".

Texas has the resources to call Obama's bluff and stand its ground.

Old 11-08-2012, 12:57 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Let 'em go, and when they come to come back, it's gonna cost them mucho $$$.

Old 11-08-2012, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
It's amazing that whenever a democrat wins a duly held election, the fanatical right in certain states like Texas start talking about succession. I never heard anyone from Massachusetts, Vermont or New York call for succession under the Bush Administration? It may be that blue state residents are more patriotic than red state residents.
I believe that is the case.

I see more American flags hanging from houses in the Northeast than I do here in Texas. People in the Northeast are Americans first.

Old 11-08-2012, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
Like I said, this isn't about seceding from the Union - yet. It's about "seceding" from federal overreach and resisting certain destructive policies imposed by Washington.

For example, with respect to the HHS abortion/contraception mandate, Texas is a state that could tell the Obama administration "no, you're not going to impose this tyrannical directive on Texas institutions".

Texas has the resources to call Obama's bluff and stand its ground.
But it's perfectly fine for Governor Rick Perry to mandate that all 6th grade girls receive the Gardasil vaccine?

Old 11-08-2012, 01:00 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppingDFW View Post
I wouldn't mind Texas seceding if they give people enough time to get out.

Ten years after secession, Texas will resemble Iran more then the USA.
Right i forgot about all the Mullhas here ready to take over

Old 11-08-2012, 01:01 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,607,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Let's talk about Texans... We love our Gays ...
Then again, no place is perfect.

Old 11-08-2012, 01:01 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,463,986 times
God bless Texas!

Texas On the Brink
Quote:

In Texas today, the American dream is distant. Texas has the highest percentage of uninsured children in the nation. Texas is dead last in the percentage of residents with their high school diploma and near last in SAT scores. Texas has America’s dirtiest air. If we do not change course, for the first time in our history, the Texas generation of tomorrow will be less prosperous than the generation of today.
Oh, but I suppose all of that is Barack Obama's fault.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies