Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2012, 04:19 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyForever View Post
NASA was shut down essentially since we have a president who isn't bright enough to see the reason we need NASA...
Funny you should bring up NASA (although you're of course woefully misinformed) in a thread about Texas. See - and there's not really a nice way to put this - the parts of NASA that actually build stuff and do stuff are not in Texas. Houston is only on the map in matters regarding aerospace because LBJ needed to shovel some yummy government pork to his home state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 04:21 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
Texas isn't leaving the union, and if the GOP doesn't get their act together, it will start to move towards the Democrats.
Yes that way we can have one party rule which is what Obama does anyway ...Hail Obama

Old 11-08-2012, 04:31 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,939,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Yes that way we can have one party rule which is what Obama does anyway ...Hail Obama
I think the two party system allows for far too little political diversity as it stands, but if the Republicans can't figure out how to better reflect the will of the people, it'll be a story of their failure and lack of inclusivity, rather than some trickery or mastery by the Democrats.

Old 11-08-2012, 04:46 PM

3,004 posts, read 5,150,626 times
Dont believe i actually read this thread. Texas recieves a lot of fed chedder. All of the bases that help provide jobs. No way they give all of that up. Its funny how people complain about fed money but always got their hand out screaming gimme.

If tx wants to make a statement, refuse every federal penny and do it all with their own dime.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:21 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,098,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyForever View Post
We do agree they are the only ones that have the balls to do it....I hope if they start it the south joins in...this time it will be a guerilla war and we will win...I would rather die on my feet fighting tyranny than dying in old age in a tyrannical country.
If this 2nd term gets extreme, we'll see if Southerners still have a backbone.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:25 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,534,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
If this 2nd term gets extreme, we'll see if Southerners still have a backbone.
It will be great if the south secedes. I am sick of my blue North East state tax dollars subsidizing the leeches down there.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:31 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,098,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by analyze_this View Post
It will be great if the south secedes. I am sick of my blue North East state tax dollars subsidizing the leeches down there.
Those leeches are the liberal parasites who vote Obama.

The south holds the largest population of blacks in the country, who are most likely to be sucking up bennies than any group.

Critical thinking, learn it.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:48 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,534,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
Those leeches are the liberal parasites who vote Obama.

The south holds the largest population of blacks in the country, who are most likely to be sucking up bennies than any group.

Critical thinking, learn it.
Sorry too many obese lard trailer park meth smoking white trash that suck up all the welfare dollars and food stamps.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:52 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by analyze_this View Post
Just wait till the effects of climate change turn your great state into Sahara desert. It should not take long, you think the droughts in Texas over the past few years were bad? You ain't seen nothing yet.
Where did you buy your crystal ball from?

Old 11-08-2012, 05:53 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,916,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
Texas is much more sustainable than many sovereign nations today.

Illegal immigration is a problem in Texas, but Texans can be very creative when they need to be.

Apart from outright secession, which I'm not advocating (yet), Texas is probably the only state with the political will, the resources, and the cajones to stand up to Obama's thugocracy.
No, Texas today actually gets more from the federal government than it sends to Washington. Texas has many citizens in poverty.

Texas balanced their budget with stimulus money
Texas balanced budget with stimulus money from Washington - Jan. 23, 2011

Quote:
Even as Perry requested the Recovery Act money, he railed against it. On the very same day he asked for the funds, he set up a petition titled "No Government Bailouts."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies