Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2012, 12:19 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,479,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Kiss your life as you know it goodbye if Texas ever seceded.

Petroleum Based Products: A Long List: Save and Conserve
Riiiight. Because Texas is going to stop selling it to willing customers like the rest of the US. What are they going to do? Sit on it? That's silly. They'll sell to whoever is willing to pay - it's the capitalist way and is necessary for their economic survival. Want proof? All those Muslim countries we're busy rattling sabers with will still sell their oil to us. Want another? China. They're Communists (sort of) and often operate contrary to US interests and yet we still buy their stuff.

[whatever differences you think we have will disappear when money is to be made]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 12:55 AM

10,261 posts, read 21,761,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
America didn't help Texas win independence from Mexico, Texans did it all by themselves.

Here is your homework for tonight, research key words: Texas Revolution, General Sam Houston, Davy Crockett, Battle of The Alamo, Battle of San Jacinto.

"You May All Go To Hell & I Will Go To Texas" - Davy Crockett
I own several hundred history books including an entire shelf on Texas.

The Texians won their independence of course (though with considerable help from American mercenaries including American Regulars who temporarily "deserted" the American army) but the problem was keeping it against an ever hostile Mexico that refused to concede the legitimacy of the Texas republic. It's conceivable that had Texas not entered The United States Mexico would have retaken it.

Old 11-09-2012, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
The USSR were communists. Obama and his liberal legion of wealth takers are communists. Yes that is what we've been trying to tell folks for four years.
You wouldn't know a real communist if one kicked you in the ass.

Old 11-09-2012, 12:58 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,455,042 times
Will conservatives ever let go of these ridiculous wet dreams?

(no)

Old 11-09-2012, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Will conservatives ever let go of these ridiculous wet dreams?

(no)
There are intelligent conservatives who have a true economic self interest in conservatism. It's their legions of servile lickspittles who have nothing to gain from conservatism that are pathetic. Well there are always serfs who support the nobility, human nature I reckon.

They fantasize about taking on the government but they lack the moxie to take on their boss.

Old 11-09-2012, 01:55 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,981,108 times
I think I speak for most America when I say this to the notion of Texas leaving the union:

Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye - YouTube

Old 11-09-2012, 05:08 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyForever View Post
They would have MILLIONS of people moving to Texas to live in freedom so I think that would offset the empires bases leaving or being taken over by the Republics army. NASA was shut down essentially since we have a president who isn't bright enough to see the reason we need NASA...not entirely surprised by that though the average iq and all...Like I said if Texas goes others will as well.
America cannot afford a space program any longer, it would be a better venture for private investors.
Spaceport America | Your Invitation to Space

Spaceport America Runway Dedication - SpacePod 2010.10.26 - YouTube

Old 11-09-2012, 05:29 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,226,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
I think the two party system allows for far too little political diversity as it stands, but if the Republicans can't figure out how to better reflect the will of the people, it'll be a story of their failure and lack of inclusivity, rather than some trickery or mastery by the Democrats.
Yep the republican should become just like the democrats that way choosing will be easy

Old 11-09-2012, 05:47 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,144,523 times
I've got a really stupid question. Why does everyone assume that if a state were to actually secede that it would be absolute blue or absolute red? Hasn't it ever occurred to anyone that perhaps that a "new" country could get it right this time. The best of both worlds? A place where both sides of the isle could actually work together for the good of the citizens instead of the good of the politicians, Wall Street, the entitlement takers, and large corporations?

Old 11-09-2012, 06:15 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,871,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
The Lone Star State.

It has a coast and many ports, plenty of agriculture, big cities with employment, lots of guns, oil deposits, woodlands, great people, and room to grow.

Will Texas secede from Barack Obama's America?

Good one. If Texas secedes, I'll be moving there, unless Arizona also secedes..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies