Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2012, 11:02 AM

46,963 posts, read 26,005,972 times

Advertisements

Again? Hey, I know it's mildly entertaining speculation and all that, but would it be too much to ask that you either start seceding or stop talking about it every time you don't get your way? This wishy-washy indecisiveness is becoming tiresome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 02:00 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,608,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
When it happens, it won't be just Texas that goes -- most of the South will secede also.
I can't see Texas seceding without Oklahoma. And I can't see Oklahoma seceding without Kansas, etc.

Old 11-10-2012, 02:02 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,483,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Texas GOPer Peter Morrison Wants State To Leave U.S. Over Obama Win TPMMuckraker
Good. Don't let the door hit ya where evolution split ya.

Old 11-10-2012, 02:04 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,483,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
When it happens, it won't be just Texas that goes -- most of the South will secede also.

To the liberals -- just think of this like your beloved Palestinian statehood.
I do think of it that way. Please get on with it.

Old 11-10-2012, 02:08 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,507,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Can they take Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, and South Carolina with them?
That would be a Christian Saudi Arabia lol.

Old 11-10-2012, 02:13 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,608,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
I've got a really stupid question. Why does everyone assume that if a state were to actually secede that it would be absolute blue or absolute red? Hasn't it ever occurred to anyone that perhaps that a "new" country could get it right this time. The best of both worlds? A place where both sides of the isle could actually work together for the good of the citizens instead of the good of the politicians, Wall Street, the entitlement takers, and large corporations?
Not really. Both sides can't even get along anymore when it comes to humdrum, practical things like water and infrastructure. The liberals absolutely decimated the agricultural economy of the south San Joaquin Valley in California for the sake of saving an "endangered" fish called the delta smelt. There's no reasoning with such people.

Texas has plenty of lunatic liberals, but for the most part they're not in charge. The feds have plans to change all that, so I'm all for acting fast.

Old 11-10-2012, 03:07 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
LOL..

So how much "pull" does this guy have that we have 3 pages of rantings over this ?

Old 01-15-2013, 06:06 PM

270 posts, read 260,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
The Lone Star State.

It has a coast and many ports, plenty of agriculture, big cities with employment, lots of guns, oil deposits, woodlands, great people, and room to grow.

Will Texas secede from Barack Obama's America?
Nothing like a beach with big oil balls lapping at your feet.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:25 PM

270 posts, read 260,463 times
Saw one post with someone complaining about the Northeast needing to pull their bootstraps up (Hurricane Sandy relief I'm sure was inferred). I would suggest Texans take their boots off and put them in the stone soup along with their virgin Houston Oil as this is what they will be living on in the future, with the amount of drought they have been experiencing the last few years.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:38 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,943,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Texas and Hawaii are two states that were once recognized as independent nations, before choosing to join the Union. Their voluntary decision to join the Union did not come with an explicit agreement that they could never leave.
Texas made a decision long ago, about 1845 or so. Seems they considered some Federal help to fight MX. More important than surrender , which was going to happen.Mexico was fighting war on two fronts and were distracted for a while. That was not the only time they asked for Military help. In 1916 Pershing spent a lot of federal funds looking for Poncho Via, with little luck. ( a turning point in War, the first use of airplanes along with horseback) After 3 long years in the Sonora desert Pershing called it quits. Just a few examples where Texas needed the United States , they were so proud of the Lone Star flag yet were very unorganized bunch of Hillbillies from Tenn. and Ky.....Never could make it on their own, today is no different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies