Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2012, 10:14 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,001,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Your clue would be "some" not the majority. "Some" can't tolerate a "lightie" in the White House either. Pot, kettle, black. By the way, you do know that Obama is half white, don't you? Sorry, had to be said.
His bastard Kenyan father knocked up lightie then abandoned her altogther. Typical.

He was raised by the white side of his family so if anything he's more white than black.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 10:15 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,479,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Wells lets see lets start off with the basics.

Your lights could go out & car wouldn't start.
Texas is solely responsible for that? Wow!

[news to me - what else...keep going...]

Old 11-08-2012, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
You have a flag for alaska too? I've heard they want out of the union too.

If texas does want to secede, where will they buy their toilet paper from? china?
Kimberly-Clark whos world wide headquarters is in Irving (Dallas) Texas.

Where have you been for the past 28 years?

Old 11-08-2012, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Texas is solely responsible for that? Wow!

[news to me - what else...keep going...]
Kiss your life as you know it goodbye if Texas ever seceded.

Petroleum Based Products: A Long List: Save and Conserve

Old 11-08-2012, 11:25 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,431,258 times
This is a very interesting thread to me, as an Englishman. It has never crossed my mind before that the day might come when the USA could break up. To most foreigners, this seems unimaginable.

Yet, the USSR broke up, that also seems unlikely. Go back 50 years, nobody thought it would ever happen.

There seems a lot of underlying unrest, and some unhappiness with the political situation. People should never think this can't happen. Maybe one day, it will. The USA is less than 250 years old. That is nothing in historical time.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:29 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
I don't think the Billy Bobs are as tough as they talk. And people that are poor, desperate and inured to hardship can be quite formidable.

Don't forget the Comanches, Kiowas too. Are there still Kickapoos in northern Mexico? They used to raise Hell in Texas before the Federal government in the form of Ranald McKenzie suppressed them.
I doubt folks in Texas are arming up in case the Kickapoos mount an attack.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by analyze_this View Post
Dont mess with mexicans they are battlehardened and very cruel thanks to narcos. They will skin bubba and billy alive, slowly behead them with a rusty knife and dissolve their bodies in vats of acid.
You been watching Breaking Bad too much.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:34 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
This is a very interesting thread to me, as an Englishman. It has never crossed my mind before that the day might come when the USA could break up. To most foreigners, this seems unimaginable.

Yet, the USSR broke up, that also seems unlikely. Go back 50 years, nobody thought it would ever happen.

There seems a lot of underlying unrest, and some unhappiness with the political situation. People should never think this can't happen. Maybe one day, it will. The USA is less than 250 years old. That is nothing in historical time.
Yes, and the breakup of the USSR went quite fast and only a few years before it had seemed so mighty and powerful.

All empires decline and break apart. There is no more common bond of any kind between the American people. The liberals absolutely loathe those "red" states and the people in them. It's become like living in a very bad marriage -- irreconciliable differences.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:36 PM

The USSR were communists. Obama and his liberal legion of wealth takers are communists. Yes that is what we've been trying to tell folks for four years.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:44 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes, and the breakup of the USSR went quite fast and only a few years before it had seemed so mighty and powerful.

All empires decline and break apart. There is no more common bond of any kind between the American people. The liberals absolutely loathe those "red" states and the people in them. It's become like living in a very bad marriage -- irreconciliable differences.

I think you are correct.
Americans held a bond of common goals built on the same precepts and principles.
That is now gone having been rejected by many.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies