Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 09:53 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,427,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Phil... relax... in spite of their seemingly insatiable appetite for illicit tail, there are only so many 4 star generals, Presidents and Hedge Fund Managers. There are still plenty of available floozies for you and me. I suspect Petraeus has had far fewer floozies than in your fevered imaginings. It might be Paula is the only one(!), or that there is at most another or two ... in 37 years of marriage... I'm ok with that math. You clearly aren't, but, sadly, these guys aren't asking for your permission, or approval. I believe that there are powerful men who do not abuse their influence sexually... if they abuse it in some other way are they better than an equal or even 'lesser' man who commits sexual indiscretions but whose personal code of conduct mandates that they be scrupulous in their business or other dealings?

I agree. Petraeus is not Tiger Woods.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:56 AM

1,565 posts, read 2,451,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Paula Broadwell and Jill Kelley represent the Floozie Class™ of women that exist in society. In the history of man, there has always been a woman who can't resist the mix of power, charm, money, and influence that comes with certain men. What is it with powerful men that brings these worthless whores out of the woodwork? Do they have no dignity?
mix of power, charm, money and influence

Old 11-14-2012, 09:58 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,134,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
MY friends are leaders actually. Most officers and senior NCO are leaders. I think 30 years in jail outweigh 100 million. So yes I know many soldiers including myself that would pass money for freedom. Look at the soldiers that gave up six figure incomes to serve their country. Stop turning a affair into a money game. This isn't Fox News. Shame on you to question the integrity of our military that die and spend years from their family for your freedom. You can't be proud of your unfounded assumptions.

(I changed the context away from people you know because its not part of anything)

Its not my fault, I didn't create the birds and the bee's and the money and temptation away from personal family commitment. The problem with what your saying is we just found out another G has been sending flirty emails to a babe who is married.

Apparently there are over a whopping 100,000 pages of whatever.

Now...It cannot be argued the guy has basically flipped out of reality over the married babe....what if the enemy said hey....these married top guys freak out to the tune of 100,000 pages of emails for the fancy dancy married airhead ? BM ...info, can't put 2 +2 together on this..? I am very surprised.

Last edited by stargazzer; 11-14-2012 at 10:06 AM..

Old 11-14-2012, 10:01 AM

691 posts, read 771,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Where is W? View Post
Then all men would be in jail since they solicit all kinds of women single, married, widows. Remember Paula Broadwell was married also. the Tampa woman Jill Kelley is married and the FBI agent send him a picture if his awesome torso.

Not a bright idea. We already have enough people in court and jail

I read somewhere once when the wife of a man sued the woman who was sleeping with her husband. I think she won the case.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:07 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,937,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
(I changed the context away from people you know because its not part of anything)

Its not my fault, I didn't create the birds and the bee's and the money and temptation. The problem with what your saying is we just found out another G has been sending flirty emails to a babe who is married.

Now...It cannot be argued the guy has basically flipped-out of reality over the married babe....what if the enemy said hey....these guys freak out to the tune of 100,000 pages of emails for the fancy dancy airhead ? you can't put
2 +2 together on this..? I am very surprised.
Yes, it is damaging for this General. It will undermine his future suitability for many things. It has not yet, but likely will unltimately derail his miliatry career. Exit D. Petraeus, exit J. Allen. What else do you propose? Pre-emptively castrate any male above Staff Sergeant? Why even get upset about it? You're right, you didn't invent sexual attraction so why even get worked up about its effect on men of power and influence? Besides... it works both ways don't you know... the U.S. has hundreds, if not more, floozies (professional) of all nationalities plying their womanly (manly) wiles to further the aims of the Democratic Free World. You don't think some well placed Pakistani punani wasn't responsible for the locating of Bin Ladens bunker??

H

Old 11-14-2012, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Yes, it is damaging for this General. It will undermine his future suitability for many things. It has not yet, but likely will unltimately derail his miliatry career. Exit D. Petraeus, exit J. Allen. What else do you propose? Pre-emptively castrate any male above Staff Sergeant? Why even get upset about it? You're right, you didn't invent sexual attraction so why even get worked up about its effect on men of power and influence? Besides... it works both ways don't you know... the U.S. has hundreds, if not more, floozies (professional) of all nationalities plying their womanly (manly) wiles to further the aims of the Democratic Free World. You don't think some well placed Pakistani punani wasn't responsible for the locating of Bin Ladens bunker??

H

Politely what are you talking about, what do I care other then helping with like confusions .

..these things are all part of life. ( all thats being talked about is a workable structure in principal

whats the point exactly ?

Last edited by stargazzer; 11-14-2012 at 10:23 AM..

Old 11-14-2012, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelStraker View Post
I read somewhere once when the wife of a man sued the woman who was sleeping with her husband. I think she won the case.
You raise an issue that has been bugging me... we have all heard about how "furious" Mrs. Petraeus is. We've heard that Jill Kelley, acting out of 'fear' contacted an FBI agent... ... nowhere in all this discovery, is any speculation on the effect this must be having on Scott Broadwell or Scott Kelley. What if they sued, for damages or for divorce? Probably nothing. In fact, if either of these guys felt inclined to divorce their wives after all this they are the ones would be on the hook for millions in child support, spousal support, alimony, and would, at the very least, have to walk away from their houses. Most likely, in order to limit the collateral damage to simply the trappings of their material world they are going to have to suck up a huge load of reality check and let some things go.

H

Old 11-14-2012, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Politely what are you talking about, what do I care other then helping with like confusions .

..these things are all part of life. ( all thats being talked about is a workable structure in principal

whats the point exactly ?
I'm not the one imagining what "the enemy" can or will do with the fact that some American men are vulnerable to temptation. You are. My point is what it is regarding that.

H

Old 11-14-2012, 10:29 AM

Quote:
I'm not the one imagining what "the enemy" can or will do with the fact that some American men are vulnerable to temptation. You are. My point is what it is regarding that.

H

Got yourself into some murky argumentative waters on that one, I will be a gentleman and find explanation unnecessary.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:32 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,427,057 times
Quote:

Its not my fault, I didn't create the birds and the bee's and the money and temptation away from personal family commitment. The problem with what your saying is we just found out another G has been sending flirty emails to a babe who is married.

Now...It cannot be argued the guy has basically flipped out of reality over the married babe....what if the enemy said hey....these married top guys freak out to the tune of 100,000 pages of emails for the fancy dancy married airhead ? BM ...info, can't put 2 +2 together on this..? I am very surprised.
My point of mentioning my fellow military brothers and sisters is because I have EXPERIENCE of working and getting to know these people. I'm assuming you don't have experience with a wide variety of them. That being said, I can comment on knowledge and experience while others that have no knowledge of experience should not generalize people they don't know about as a whole no matter how you try to spin it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies