Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 08:24 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Paula Broadwell and Jill Kelley represent the Floozie Class™ of women that exist in society. In the history of man, there has always been a woman who can't resist the mix of power, charm, money, and influence that comes with certain men. What is it with powerful men that brings these worthless whores out of the woodwork? Do they have no dignity?
As Mel Brooks said "It's good to be the King."

There have been many studies done on this very subject.
Bottom line: there is something in the DNA that propels women towards men who exhibit these qualities much like other female mammals are drawn to the most powerful members of their species.

Deep in our reptile brains, we weigh who would provide the soundest propagation material and who would provide the greatest benefits to our offspring in terms of material security, protection, etc.

Pretty simple really.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Because humans are great apes and he who spreads the most genetic material wins. Women are attracted to powerful men because they must have a better genetic makeup and are more likely to have a father who will provide plenty of support.

Its not that complicated, its evolution.
This, exactly.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:32 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,134,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
He still did a excellent job in the military and as CIA director, His commitment didn't hinder his work ethic, it doesn't hinder most. People can separate work from personal affairs and do it very well. That's why most don't get caught. The only reason he was catch is because of the threats Broadwell made as a stalker. He broke off the relationship with the women months ago while still being in the CIA.

how do you know he hasn't taken bribes and has some doe in a swiss B/C.. or realized advantages from the enemy for little favors..? Everything says the ability to cheat on promises exists, its part of the new portfolio.

What we know is the word is not reliable.. if it is once realized the promises were not what people trusted and assumed in the resume, right away saying hey I must second guess my assumed word as I now have betrayed, and asked for a release at that point, ok. But not so, there is a clear "ability to deceive" Deception in ability is not the hiring requisite so the job has been compromised. Its not a job at a Donut shop...its a job where you cannot be anything but a trustworthy operator. There are other examples, if a person works with money and gets caught cheating in a poker game with the neighbors on the weekend, you wanna keep the person on the job if you find out about it ? Plus you did not address my entry point and tried to railroad.

Last edited by stargazzer; 11-14-2012 at 08:41 AM..

Old 11-14-2012, 08:32 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,140,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Because humans are great apes and he who spreads the most genetic material wins. Women are attracted to powerful men because they must have a better genetic makeup and are more likely to have a father who will provide plenty of support.

Its not that complicated, its evolution.
While this is IMO the best answer, it still seems flawed. Why would a woman think a powerful man would be more likely to father and support them and a kid? Do all the Rock n Roll and sports athletes groupies beleive this? How could Monica Lewinski believe Clinton's interest in her could last beyond the BJ?

I know, we are talking eons of evolution, but modern day women would be best to get over it, unless they want to entrap their studs by getting pregnant and pressing charges.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:33 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,318,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Paula Broadwell and Jill Kelley represent the Floozie Class™ of women that exist in society. In the history of man, there has always been a woman who can't resist the mix of power, charm, money, and influence that comes with certain men. What is it with powerful men that brings these worthless whores out of the woodwork? Do they have no dignity?
Oh yes. It's all the nasty, evil woman's fault that the poow wittle man couldn't keep his johnny in his pants.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:34 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,982,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Aaaah, I see. That would be just like your sarcasticly opined guess taken in your first post; stupid, uneducated, unstubstantiated and also, wrong!
So in the context of a married man/woman sleeping with someone other than their spouse, when I answered the question "Who says no to free dinners and nights on the town?" by saying:

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Umm...people with morals and a sense of self worth that don't want to be used? Just a guess.
I'm somehow stupid, uneducated, and wrong? I'll go with that, sure.

These are two grown adults that made the decisions they did, one wanted a "hot" younger woman, another wanted to be with a man in power for whatever reasons...both were being used and using the other, but since this post was about HER and the concept that its perfectly OK to just take free stuff because "hey its free, why not?" I put it out there that taking things just because they are free doesn't make it right and both parties knew that what they were doing was wrong.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:36 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,427,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
how do you know he hasn't taken bribes and has some doe in a swiss B/C.. or realized advantages from the enemy for little favors..? Everything says the ability to cheat on promises exists, its part of the new portfolio.

Do you realize the Chinese were somehow able to steal all the tech for a stealth jet and now have one..? and now suggesting a job preformance can properly assess job performance when it is entirely impossible to know, what only the top guy would know..? What we know is the word is no good.. if he once realized his promises were not what people trusted and assumed, right away saying hey I must second guess my assumed word as I now have betrayed, and asked for a release at that point, ok. But not so, there is a clear "ability to deceive" Deception in ability is not the hiring requisite so the job has been compromised. Its not a job at a Donut shop...its a job where you cannot be anything but a trustworthy operator. There are other examples, if a person works with money, and gets caught cheating in a poker game you wanna play cards with the guy. seriously..?
How do you know he did? That's going a little far. There have been many senators, congressmen and even president Clinton that have been found to have cheated, have they given intelligence to the Chinese? Many soldiers including myself have top secret security clearances, most don't sell information. You are way off base to assume that.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
While this is IMO the best answer, it still seems flawed. Why would a woman think a powerful man would be more likely to father and support them and a kid? Do all the Rock n Roll and sports athletes groupies beleive this? How could Monica Lewinski believe Clinton's interest in her could last beyond the BJ?

I know, we are talking eons of evolution, but modern day women would be best to get over it, unless they want to entrap their studs by getting pregnant and pressing charges.
Intellectually, I think that most women know that the chances of any long-term relationship are pretty slim.
But, regardless of how long the "relationship" lasts, the fact remains that the association is infinite.

And, it is about power - the woman's power. For the rest of her life Ms Lewinski will know that for a short amount of time she held an enormous amount of power over the leader of the free world.

The fact remains, men willingly take what is offered, always have, always will. And they hate us for it.
Always have, always will.

Last edited by TigerLily24; 11-14-2012 at 08:47 AM..

Old 11-14-2012, 08:45 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,134,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
How do you know he did? That's going a little far. There have been many senators, congressmen and even president Clinton that have been found to have cheated, have they given intelligence to the Chinese? Many soldiers including myself have top secret security clearances, most don't sell information. You are way off base to assume that.

Hey, what is this...why is there no answer to my original entry..? IOW....how do I know you won't again railroad any answer to this inquiry which indecently skirts around, the perfect points I have made. ( #57

Old 11-14-2012, 08:48 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
Default cheating

Aside from your insulting Chinese aeronautical engineering by assuming they had to "steal" our technology you also assumed that extra marital sexual relationships meant selling secrets. A person can have as many partners as they want and not betray their employer.

I am amused that these people did not keep their love letters to just that. Letters written in code or on a "one time pad" that would at least delay the liaison until it did not matter.

To answer the OP: Powerful people attract both men and women primarily because of their personality. Sexual attractiveness is a bonus. We are fools because we make such a fuss over this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies