Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 07:04 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelStraker View Post
When it comes to an affair or sex, it is ALWAYS the woman's fault. Women have the last say when it comes to sex unless they are raped and that is a crime.
Whaaah?? I hope this is a sarcastic play on words here.

I fervently hope you do not seriously believe the position you've stated.

I will not even attempt a rejoinder until you verify your intent with this one.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:05 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelStraker View Post
When it comes to an affair or sex, it is ALWAYS the woman's fault. Women have the last say when it comes to sex unless they are raped and that is a crime.
That's the first thing anyone has said in this thread that actually makes a valid point for the OP's point of view. I'm still not buying it as an excuse in this century for Petraeus' bad behavior but at least it's logical and doesn't paint women as always the aggressors when affairs get started.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:09 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Default Attraction

Powerful men attract interesting women. So what is new? How many women were involved with Solomon? How many with all the rest of the world's great leaders? Women are not dumb. They go for the alpha male.

The problem is the weaker males have set up a system that interferes with this natural attraction in order to protect themselves and what they consider their property from greater men. Sometimes it works but mostly it does not. Besides women are not property. You may share their company but you do NOT own them.

I do not think the General having a much younger mistress is a problem. He should be bragging, not hiding. He should be saying, "Hey guys look at the babe I am bedding. Eat your hearts out."

I do think his sending all those e-mails is really a sign of his disconnect from modern reality. If you put something in an e-mail you might as well have shouted from the front steps. E-mails are forever and always get read and forwarded by the wrong people to the rest of the wrong people. That was the problem.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:30 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Powerful men attract interesting women. So what is new? How many women were involved with Solomon? How many with all the rest of the world's great leaders? Women are not dumb. They go for the alpha male.

The problem is the weaker males have set up a system that interferes with this natural attraction in order to protect themselves and what they consider their property from greater men. Sometimes it works but mostly it does not. Besides women are not property. You may share their company but you do NOT own them.

I do not think the General having a much younger mistress is a problem. He should be bragging, not hiding. He should be saying, "Hey guys look at the babe I am bedding. Eat your hearts out."

I do think his sending all those e-mails is really a sign of his disconnect from modern reality. If you put something in an e-mail you might as well have shouted from the front steps. E-mails are forever and always get read and forwarded by the wrong people to the rest of the wrong people. That was the problem.
Petraeus and Broadwell never sent any emails to each other. He opened up a gmail account and gave her access to it. So they'd both write emails but not send them, kept them as drafts and they'd each go to the account to read each other's drafts. It's suppose to be the preferred way that terrorists and teenage boys like to communicate. However, Google can still get copies of old drafts for FBI and CIA inquiries, this just makes it harder to find the source for communications in the first place. It doesn't appear the Allen and Kelly were that sneaky about it.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 11-14-2012 at 08:06 AM..

Old 11-14-2012, 08:00 AM

464 posts, read 479,387 times
Floozies? lol no.

This whole affair shows that P**sy is the most powerful weapon on earth and men will always be the weaker sex.

Quote me on that!

Old 11-14-2012, 08:08 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,422,948 times
Being a former Army female and Army wife after my enlistment, I can say that it is not uncommon among the ranks. In fact, I knew plenty of high ranking officers that cheated and messed with their lower enlisted and civilian females that were married to other soldiers while they were deployed. Most don't get catch though. When I was in basic training and AIT, there were drill sergeants that had no problem hitting on the soldiers. It is especially common when overseas and haven't been laid or any romance companionship in 6 -18 months. But that doesn't take away from the good solider that Petraeus is , the sacrifices it takes to be a General overseeing thousand of soldiers. The man is respectable by his career.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:13 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,132,726 times
If a babe can pull you away from an active promised and intimate commitment, then how can money and exposure from the "enemy" not pull you away from your active promissed commitment, to the country..?

answer that and continue tipping your hat to the leading spy of a Nation, and I will be impressed with learning something new today.

I propose with the evidence in this thread and all other the lefties could be overthrown by Neanderthals with one hand tied behind their back.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:14 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I'd say any woman willing to fool around with a married man is probably both.......Petraeus is to blame also, but women with any class don't touch another woman's man.......get your/their own......
What about the married man who messed with someone else's wife, which is the situation at hand?

Old 11-14-2012, 08:17 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,422,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
If a babe can pull you away from a commitment, then how can money and exposure from the "enemy" not pull you away from your commitment to the country..?

answer that and continue tipping your hat to the leading spy of a Nation, and I will be impressed with learning something new today.

I propose with the evidence in this thread the lefties could be overthrown by Neanderthals, with one hand tied behind their back.
He still did a excellent job in the military and as CIA director, His commitment didn't hinder his work ethic, it doesn't hinder most. People can separate work from personal affairs and do it very well. That's why most don't get caught. The only reason he was catch is because of the threats Broadwell made as a stalker. He broke off the relationship with the women months ago while still being in the CIA.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:22 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
See, this is where liberalism and grand emotions get in the way of rationality. You make the assumption that I was forced into acknowledging that Patraeus did wrong. This couldn't be further from the truth. I KNOW that Patraeus ****ed up. Why do I need to state the obvious? Where i'm apparently more intelligent than you is that I can compartmentalize the many different issues and bring about logical debate as it pertains to the women in this case. Just because I don't equalize the topic by berating General Patraeus doesn't mean I hold him to a lower standard than I do the women.

It's a real shame you wasted so much time making an irrelevant point. Perhaps next time you can raise the bar for yourself and actually leave the emotions out of your rant. Deal?
If you want to go there and start talking about intelligence... then I would submit that the very notion of trying to "compartmentalize" the debate if blame is a rather dumb thing to do.

We can only react to what you type. So when you choose to focus the blame only on the women involved in the affair (or "compartmentalize" it, whatever you want to call it), we logically take it as a statement of your allocation of that blame. You shouldn't be surprised when people read it and call you on it.

So, in closing: the women are whores and floozies for cheating on their spouses and sleeping around with a married man... and Petraeus is a ***** and a floozie for cheating on his spouse and sleeping around with married women. Fair is fair.

Last edited by ambient; 11-14-2012 at 08:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies