Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2012, 06:50 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
You know perfectly well I was not referring to a "Happy Holidays" sign. I was referring to signs like this:
What does a rented billboard, which Christians have too, have to do with the Christmas displays on public property?

If you can't handle dissenting views on rented billboards, you should probably never leave your house.

Old 11-25-2012, 06:54 AM

Quote:
You know perfectly well I was not referring to a "Happy Holidays" sign. I was referring to signs like this:
Oh yeah, the displays in Santa Monica that were vandalized one said happy holidays, and one was a gnome. Both were put up by atheists.

Old 11-25-2012, 06:55 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunnor View Post
It's still more than a month left for Christmas, so I could care less if you wish me "Happy Holidays" for Thanksgiving. My point was during Christmas Eve, and few days before that.
Exactly 1 month to go!

Happy Holidays!

Old 11-25-2012, 07:22 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,166,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
What does a rented billboard, which Christians have too, have to do with the Christmas displays on public property?

If you can't handle dissenting views on rented billboards, you should probably never leave your house.
*sigh* I see you are incapable of recognizing the insatiable need of atheists to spew hatred towards Christians. Here is the sign that I recall causing a lot of upset from the state of Washington's Christmas display at its State House:

You want to wish people Happy Solstice? Be my guest! There's nothing malicious in that. But the above signage is hateful.

Old 11-25-2012, 07:29 AM

Quote:
*sigh* I see you are incapable of recognizing the insatiable need of atheists to spew hatred towards Christians. Here is the sign that I recall causing a lot of upset from the state of Washington's Christmas display at its State House:

You want to wish people Happy Solstice? Be my guest! There's nothing malicious in that. But the above signage is hateful.
Stating facts is hateful?
How about this, if words written in paper hurt you DON'T READ THEM.
No one is harming you in any way.

Old 11-25-2012, 07:46 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,166,570 times
Quote:
Facts? Really? You can prove God doesn't exist? You can prove there is no heaven? Have at it, pal. Why the compulsion to insult the intelligence of people of faith? Hmmm? This was the SIGN set up next to the Nativity. Yes, calling a person's religious beliefs "myth" is hateful. It's supposed to be a season of cheer and good will. There's nothing celebratory or uplifting about the atheist's message!

I can't imagine what sort of psychological trauma you must have suffered as a child during Christmastime, which has led you to be such a hater of believers as an adult.

Old 11-25-2012, 07:50 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
There are no FACTS about faith.

You cannot prove God exists just like you cannot prove God doesn't exist.

That is what faith is all about: a belief that is not based on proof

Old 11-25-2012, 07:53 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Hateful, yes and misguided: just because some think there is no God doesn't make it so, anymore than thinking there is makes it fact. Neither has been completely proven, it is a matter of believing and faith.

Old 11-25-2012, 07:57 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,340,548 times
Quote:

It's no more hateful than

or almost anything this guy says

Old 11-25-2012, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Hateful, yes and misguided: just because some think there is no God doesn't make it so, anymore than thinking there is makes it fact. Neither has been completely proven, it is a matter of believing and faith.
Someone saying there is no God is no more hateful than someone saying there is a God. Both are opinions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies