Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 10:32 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,778,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
A homosexual lifestyle is unproductive since it does not lead to reproduction. Two men or two women can never produce kids.
And you're not very intelligent if you think procreation is the sole meaning of productive. Gay men can have biological children, even with women. Many of them do. And children are not a requirement to be a productive member of society. 90% of the planet is starving and poor. The last thing we need in most places is more children.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:33 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Then why bother spouting off about whether the "homosexual lifestyle" is "productive?"

Do you have any idea how stupid that sounds to anyone even remotely educated? Completely takes away from the other potentially valid part of your post, which could have been a productive discussion of rich people being targeted in sex victimization.
lol.

Looks like Romney was correct. Big Bird and all his associates must go!

Old 11-20-2012, 10:39 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
You know what is crazy, that guy used to live in my old neighborhood (well where my parents still live). I'm sure he had a wife because when I shoveled their driveway the woman (beard?) that lived there always paid me. Funny, now that I think about it he was never home.
I think he's a divorced dad so you're probably right. Poor woman and child.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
And you're not very intelligent if you think procreation is the sole meaning of productive. Gay men can have biological children, even with women. Many of them do. And children are not a requirement to be a productive member of society. 90% of the planet is starving and poor. The last thing we need in most places is more children.
Men can only have children with women. Being gay is not determinant. I wonder if folks know that being gay is not viewed as an identity in most of the world?

Old 11-20-2012, 10:42 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,905,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
As for the Elmo puppeteer, I'll reserve judgement until all the facts are out. I don't like to judge someone based on allegations that might prove to be false.
Why wait for facts when we can all try him in the court of public opinion based on very limited information? /end sarcasm

Old 11-20-2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So is a welfare queen with 6 kids productive as such?

I mean...come on man. This isn't the 19th century and we aren't an agrarian based economy. At this point in our history, to conflate productivity with having children is pretty frickin' outdated as a concept. And truthfully, you know that already so i don't even know why you're saying something so silly.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't have children, but if homosexuals can't have children, that's an added societal benefit as far as i'm concerned. Homosexuals have proven to be productive in other ways.
I'm sorry I don't view the legitimization of homosexual acts as societal progress but a symbol of the wider moral decay gripping America which includes the example you highlighted.

And yes I do view procreation as being very important many countries face stark futures because of declining birth rates.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:45 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,996,400 times
Can't say I'm surprised. It just makes you wonder how many other pedophiles work for "children's television".

Mitt Romney was right, PBS needs to be defunded.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:49 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,411,909 times
Quote:
Men can only have children with women. Being gay is not determinant. I wonder if folks know that being gay is not viewed as an identity in most of the world?

The "most of the world" is a backwater cess pool of ignorance, superstition and traditionalist beliefs.

Forgive us who live in the civilized world for giving two craps about what "most of the world" believes is an "identity." Eventually they'll come around. In places like China, for example, as understanding of science, human psychology, sexuality and biology grows, so too does the acceptance of being gay as an identity.

And for the record, whether or not someone can or have children biologically is not the measure of the worth of a "lifestyle" or a relationship.

If someone is gay, they naturally will be part of the "gay lifestyle." It is pure idiocy to say they "shouldn't be gay." They either are or they aren't. The "gay lifestyle," such as it is, also can be lived many ways. Just like the "straight lifestyle". The "gay lifestyle" can be monogamous marriage, forever bachelorhood, promiscuity, celibacy, raising children: biological or adopted....

Old 11-20-2012, 10:51 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,411,909 times
Quote:
I'm sorry I don't view the legitimization of homosexual acts as societal progress but a symbol of the wider moral decay gripping America which includes the example you highlighted.

And yes I do view procreation as being very important many countries face stark futures because of declining birth rates.

Procreation rates - rising or falling - have absolutely nothing to do with homosexuality, which exists whether you accept it or not.

Procreation these days is about economics. Focus your energy on figuring out how we got where we are today on that front and you can begin to make progress on tackling falling procreation rates!

Old 11-20-2012, 10:51 AM

Interesting so why do liberals support mass immigration from the third world if its a backwater?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
The "most of the world" is a backwater cess pool of ignorance, superstition and traditionalist beliefs.

Forgive us who live in the civilized world for giving two craps about what "most of the world" believes is an "identity." Eventually they'll come around. In places like China, for example, as understanding of science, human psychology, sexuality and biology grows, so too does the acceptance of being gay as an identity.

And for the record, whether or not someone can or have children biologically is not the measure of the worth of a "lifestyle" or a relationship.

If someone is gay, they naturally will be part of the "gay lifestyle." It is pure idiocy to say they "shouldn't be gay." They either are or they aren't. The "gay lifestyle," such as it is, also can be lived many ways. Just like the "straight lifestyle". The "gay lifestyle" can be monogamous marriage, forever bachelorhood, promiscuity, celibacy, raising children: biological or adopted....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies