Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 10:55 AM

724 posts, read 593,580 times

Advertisements

The sexual accusations made public last Monday, then recanted a day later, led to Mr. Clash coming out as a gay man, something he had not previously discussed in public. “I have never been ashamed of this or tried to hide it, but felt it was a personal and private matter,” he said in the statement last week.

Accuser of Kevin Clash, Elmo Puppeteer, Recants Claim - NYTimes.com

So, what have we learned here. The allegations are false and have been recanted, but because of the backlash, this guy is doing what he has to so that PBS doesn't get embroiled in the "court of public opinion" as one poster put it. Most of the gay people I know are 20,000 times more productive than the idiot right wing posters on this site sitting in their underwear, eating twinkies and denny's and posting racist homophobic crap.

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I'm sorry I don't view the legitimization of homosexual acts as societal progress but a symbol of the wider moral decay gripping America which includes the example you highlighted.

And yes I do view procreation as being very important many countries face stark futures because of declining birth rates.
True, but not THIS country.

Moreover, you didn't answer the question. Is a welfare mother with 6 kids considered to be productive in your eyes? Is it moral decay, or productivity....make up your mind.

17,291 posts, read 29,411,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Can't say I'm surprised. It just makes you wonder how many other pedophiles work for "children's television".

Mitt Romney was right, PBS needs to be defunded.

Enough with the sex panic.

Do we need another primer on what a "pedophile" is? A person who is sexually attracted to CHILDREN.

A 16 year old is not a child. While not ideal and often exploitative, 16 years old was historically prime marrying age, with women that age sent off to marry and bear children for much older men. It's also the age of consent in many states.

Ephebophilia is attraction to older teenagers. I'd venture most men in America are ephebophiles, as evidenced by "countdowns until X star is 18" popular in the media (Miley Cyrus, Olsen Twins, etc.)... and the lusting of many the parent of a highschooler for the cheerleaders at the school football games.

Besides, if endemic pedophilia was the standard of what needs to be dismantled, there'd be no churches left in America.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Interesting so why do liberals support mass immigration from the third world if its a backwater?

I do not, and have warned liberals against the importation of ideas from other countries which fly in the face of progressive goals.

After all, there have also been calls by conservatives to WELCOME illegal immigrants from Latin America as being "family values oriented!"

That is another discussion, however, so stop deflecting.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:59 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
The "most of the world" is a backwater cess pool of ignorance, superstition and traditionalist beliefs.

Forgive us who live in the civilized world for giving two craps about what "most of the world" believes is an "identity." Eventually they'll come around. In places like China, for example, as understanding of science, human psychology, sexuality and biology grows, so too does the acceptance of being gay as an identity.

And for the record, whether or not someone can or have children biologically is not the measure of the worth of a "lifestyle" or a relationship.

If someone is gay, they naturally will be part of the "gay lifestyle." It is pure idiocy to say they "shouldn't be gay." They either are or they aren't. The "gay lifestyle," such as it is, also can be lived many ways. Just like the "straight lifestyle". The "gay lifestyle" can be monogamous marriage, forever bachelorhood, promiscuity, celibacy, raising children: biological or adopted....
Quote:
Procreation rates - rising or falling - have absolutely nothing to do with homosexuality, which exists whether you accept it or not.

Procreation these days is about economics. Focus your energy on figuring out how we got where we are today on that front and you can begin to make progress on tackling falling procreation rates!
Quote:
Enough with the sex panic.

Do we need another primer on what a "pedophile" is? A person who is sexually attracted to CHILDREN.

A 16 year old is not a child. While not ideal and often exploitative, 16 years old was historically prime marrying age, with women that age sent off to marry and bear children for much older men. It's also the age of consent in many states.

Ephebophilia is attraction to older teenagers. I'd venture most men in America are ephebophiles, as evidenced by "countdowns until X star is 18" popular in the media (Miley Cyrus, Olsen Twins, etc.)... and the lusting of many the parent of a highschooler for the cheerleaders at the school football games.

Besides, if endemic pedophilia was the standard of what needs to be dismantled, there'd be no churches left in America.
Take a breath. You've worn yourself out.

Clue: Nobody cares.

Old 11-20-2012, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

I'll type less and use smaller words next time.

I forget the City-Data demographic profile.

Old 11-20-2012, 11:03 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,040,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

After 5,400 posts or ranting right wing hyperbole, I have to say, right back at ya on that one, "Dale".

Old 11-20-2012, 11:08 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
True, but not THIS country.

Moreover, you didn't answer the question. Is a welfare mother with 6 kids considered to be productive in your eyes? Is it moral decay, or productivity....make up your mind.
She's productive insofar as her ability to reproduce ensuring survival of another generation, this after all is the goal of any species on the planet. Whether her children become productive members of society well that remains to be seen.

Old 11-20-2012, 11:17 AM

1,223 posts, read 1,688,839 times
Elmo like teenage boys!!!

Old 11-20-2012, 11:23 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,105,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So is a welfare queen with 6 kids productive as such?

I mean...come on man. This isn't the 19th century and we aren't an agrarian based economy. At this point in our history, to conflate productivity with having children is pretty frickin' outdated as a concept. And truthfully, you know that already so i don't even know why you're saying something so silly.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't have children, but if homosexuals can't have children, that's an added societal benefit as far as i'm concerned. Homosexuals have proven to be productive in other ways.

Or that gay couples raising the children heterosexual couples discard isn't productive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies