Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 06:52 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Aw, don't go posting a perfect set-up line like that and not expect a response. (The answer, by the way, judging from the number of threads and posts about this non-issue, is pretty damn dumb.)
But I never see any of you leaners admitting that your Representative mentioned in the link was a Democrat and we know he wouldn't want to tell the truth this long from the happening. Yep, he says that Petraeus and King are liars. I wonder if King will call him out when the first House meeting takes place.

Hey, did King come right out of that hearing and talk to the media people before he had a chance to make all that stuff up? You don't know, do you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2012, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
This was a spontaneous attack by people who saw a YouTube video.

No, this wasn't a spontaneous attack provoked by a YouTube video and this was a planned terrorist attack by AQ and it involved intricate planning.

Apparently you have a hard time seeing the truth in this manner. You, along with the Harvard Law Review and CFR just couldn't quite grasp these events.

Jon, they don't hare a hard time seeing anything, at all. THEY don't want to see anything but what they say. It will continue to bother me that Rice's story came so long after the event and was so far from the way Petraeus tells the story. Also, I am bothered by the timing of his resignation since THEY are making all that noise about when and who changed the official story for her.

Old 11-20-2012, 06:59 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,019,242 times
Interesting how the Libyan President, appearing on Face the Nation the same day with Susan Rice was quite confident that it was a planned attack.

"The way these perpetrators acted and moved..and they're choosing this specific date..leaves us with no doubt that this was pre-planned, predetermined".

At that time, they had arrested approximately 50 people, some known AQ.

Five minutes later, Rice goes on about a spontaneous video protest. Icing on the cake...'we've decimated al Qaeda".

"Face the Nation" transcripts, September 16, 2012: Libyan Pres. Magariaf, Amb. Rice and Sen. McCain - CBS News

And the left really, really can't put it together.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
It was initially believed the protests in Libya happened as a response to the violent protests in Cairo and that extremists used that as an opportune time to attack the consulate.

The initial belief has been corrected to reflect what is now believed that it was a planned terrorist attack. So again what is the cover up that they said it was an attack of opportunity instead of planned?

You see how it literally makes no difference?
Nope, I don't see what you are trying to tell as truth. It was too long after the CIA had released their story before Rice told the official story. I am sure that Petraeus told the truth when said that these things go through a number of offices and agencies before the "official" story came out. Also, he says that the CIA version had been determined in less than 24 hours and how many days after that did the Rice story come out?

You guys are having a ball amongst yourselves but your stories are dependent on some that come from a blog (CNN and we all know how they lean), and the story they are telling is almost 2 months old. The WH could make that story up in 24 hours if they could make it stick but it seems a bit fishy to me that they didn't bet it out and floating so long after it supposedly happened. I hope they don't allow the truth to come out of this one because I really don't want to see Joe Biden sitting in the Oval Office, do you?

Old 11-20-2012, 07:10 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times
Quote:
It was initially believed the protests in Libya happened as a response to the violent protests in Cairo and that extremists used that as an opportune time to attack the consulate.

The initial belief has been corrected to reflect what is now believed that it was a planned terrorist attack. So again what is the cover up that they said it was an attack of opportunity instead of planned?

You see how it literally makes no difference?
No, it wasn't initially believed to be a protest in Libya due to The Videoâ„¢. Those were talking points thzt have been shown to be a complete lie. This administration knew 2 hours into the whole deal that this was a terrorist attack and that it didn't foment from some random mob.

It took them two weeks just to admit that it was a terrorist attack, it wasn't spontaneous and it certainly wasn't due to the video.

Why you folks keep completely ignoring that and making me repeat data that has been presented over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over, points to the fact that you just want this whole debacle to go away.

I'll take your side for 1.2 microseconds and give you some advice. If you want it to go away stop responding. Otherwise you just keep bolstering the fact that Obama lied and even in the face of overwhelming facts and data he continued to lie. He even lied to you when he "won" that second debate because the most competent Harvard Law Review president backed by numerous CFR neoconservatives continued to blame The Videoâ„¢ two weeks later.

Quote:
September 25, 2012

And on this we must agree: There is no speech that justifies mindless violence. (Applause.) There are no words that excuse the killing of innocents. There's no video that justifies an attack on an embassy. There's no slander that provides an excuse for people to burn a restaurant in Lebanon, or destroy a school in Tunis, or cause death and destruction in Pakistan.
Remarks by the President to the UN General Assembly | The White House

Old 11-20-2012, 07:11 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,300,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Nope, I don't see what you are trying to tell as truth. It was too long after the CIA had released their story before Rice told the official story. I am sure that Petraeus told the truth when said that these things go through a number of offices and agencies before the "official" story came out. Also, he says that the CIA version had been determined in less than 24 hours and how many days after that did the Rice story come out?

You guys are having a ball amongst yourselves but your stories are dependent on some that come from a blog (CNN and we all know how they lean), and the story they are telling is almost 2 months old. The WH could make that story up in 24 hours if they could make it stick but it seems a bit fishy to me that they didn't bet it out and floating so long after it supposedly happened. I hope they don't allow the truth to come out of this one because I really don't want to see Joe Biden sitting in the Oval Office, do you?
I'm not telling anything. These are the facts that the whole world outside of the conservative fantasy world believes.

Again, a coverup would have real reason. What is the best reason given for the coverup by the true believers?

The administration didn't want to label the tragedy as a terrorist attack 2 months before an election.

That is it. Except attacks against the nation tend to rally people around the President, so it probably would have helped the President to be full bore with this a terrorist attack.

But see that is the thinking in the reality based world.

You keep on believing though.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainelyJersey View Post
Interesting how the Libyan President, appearing on Face the Nation the same day with Susan Rice was quite confident that it was a planned attack.

"The way these perpetrators acted and moved..and they're choosing this specific date..leaves us with no doubt that this was pre-planned, predetermined".

At that time, they had arrested approximately 50 people, some known AQ.

Five minutes later, Rice goes on about a spontaneous video protest. Icing on the cake...'we've decimated al Qaeda".

"Face the Nation" transcripts, September 16, 2012: Libyan Pres. Magariaf, Amb. Rice and Sen. McCain - CBS News

And the left really, really can't put it together.
Well, their big-brains are self-appointed.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:12 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,300,068 times
Quote:
No, it wasn't initially believed to be a protest in Libya due to The Video™. Those were talking points thzt have been shown to be a complete lie. This administration knew 2 hours into the whole deal that this was a terrorist attack and that it didn't foment from some random mob.

It took them two weeks just to admit that it was a terrorist attack, it wasn't spontaneous and it certainly wasn't due to the video.

Why you folks keep completely ignoring that and making me repeat data that has been presented over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over, points to the fact that you just want this whole debacle to go away.

I'll take your side for 1.2 microseconds and give you some advice. If you want it to go away stop responding. Otherwise you just keep bolstering the fact that Obama lied and even in the face of overwhelming facts and data he continued to lie. He even lied to you when he "won" that second debate because the most competent Harvard Law Review president backed by numerous CFR neoconservatives continued to blame The Video™ two weeks later.

Remarks by the President to the UN General Assembly | The White House
Keep on believing.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Keep on believing.
No, f-that. Refute those points or be permanently dismissed.

We're done here with the 1984'esque talking points and doublespeak.

Last edited by BigJon3475; 11-20-2012 at 07:50 PM..

Old 11-20-2012, 07:17 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,019,242 times
Quote:
Well, their big-brains are self-appointed.
I used to think they couldn't put it together because they didn't want to. Now I'm convinced they actually, truly believe anything and everything that comes out of this administration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies