Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2012, 11:39 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,469,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Like the right to own property and earn an honest living? Too bad you Marxist freaks care more about smelt than human life.

Poor people don't have the right to own property now - why have you not objected to that all these years?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2012, 11:46 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,299,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
How will so many of you manage to "like" what Agenda 21 is selling when you have no idea what it is now. Hey, let me suggest that you see what success ICLEI, the main organizing agency for Agenda 21 has had. I don't want you to wast as much time reading on this official site as I have but you could just take a peek at who the member governments in the US are and maybe you will take a chance, although I doubt it.

ICLEI - Local Governments for Sustainability : Homepage
Lol, its over man oh my goodness they have an office in Oakland, CA. They use words like sustainability and climate change, and local governments. Oh my goodness the raw power, they are a taking over. It is all over now, they have a website.

Again, agenda 21 is irrelevant.

Agenda 21 is a big con game.

Old 11-25-2012, 11:47 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,121,492 times
Quote:
I have wondered and wondered why people like you steal threads and then get mad when someone accuses you of troll like activity. However, you job of deflection and stealing this thread for a large amount of time really bothers me.

Let me suggest that you go to this link and learn something about Agenda 21 since you don't know anything about it. This link is to the official Agenda 21 website and was pretty easy for me to find.

DSD :: Resources - Publications - Core Publications
You've already linked that to me, and I asked you how do we jump from local communities and states voluntary adopting non-binding UN Agenda 21 to us losing our sovereignty. That still hasn't been demonstrated or explained to me.

Quote:
May I ask you what you think the topic of this thread is? I wonder since I never see you saying anything about Agenda 21 but you talk against those of us who want to escape it all the time. I have told you that I would get you the official website of Agenda 21 and have just done so, but in case you miss it maybe I should do it again.

DSD :: Resources - Publications - Core Publications
You haven't seen me say anything about Agenda 21? LOLZ. Really? I think what you mean is you haven't seen me agreeing with you on your delusions.

Am I supposed to be shocked or something by the official page? Do you think this is the first time I've seen it?

Quote:
I hate to suggest that you learn any more about Agenda 21 than I have linked you to tonight but maybe you need to know a little about ICLEI which is the Agenda's group of small communities up to very large cities. I bet you will be amazed if you look at the local governments that belong to ICLEI in the United States. Over 2000 of them, in toto. Many cities are getting out of it when people find out what it is. Take a peek at this link and look at the members in the US.

ICLEI - Local Governments for Sustainability : Homepage
Again.... you've already told me all this and I've already responded. Am I supposed to be shocked at the amount of cities that voluntarily contacted the ICLEI and went through the membership process? All the while being governed by American officials.

Global organizations promoting ideas to the globe is..... Scary......... What's worse we're listening. We should just stop all outside ideas from flowing into the US!

Do you ever read news sources that don't agree with your worldviews? And how often?

Old 11-25-2012, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Where will poor people live - where will they be able to live - in 2050?
Probably where they have always lived.... away from the other economic classes.

Old 11-25-2012, 11:52 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,299,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
You've already linked that to me, and I asked you how do we jump from local communities and states voluntary adopting non-binding UN Agenda 21 to us losing our sovereignty. That still hasn't been demonstrated or explained to me.

You haven't seen me say anything about Agenda 21? LOLZ. Really? I think what you mean is you haven't seen me agreeing with you on your delusions.

Am I supposed to be shocked or something by the official page? Do you think this is the first time I've seen it?

Again.... you've already told me all this and I've already responded. Am I supposed to be shocked at the amount of cities that voluntarily contacted the ICLEI and went through the membership process? All the while being governed by American officials.

Global organizations promoting ideas to the globe is..... Scary......... What's worse we're listening. We should just stop all outside ideas from flowing into the US!

Do you ever read news sources that don't agree with your worldviews? And how often?

This is the ultimate fear of so called agenda 21 that many American officials presented with these ideas will like them and seek to explain to voters, businesses, and their local communities why these ideas are good.

Americans will then accept/endorse/agree with/welcome some of these ideas.

The opponents are fearful of democracy. This is the great fear of agenda 21. That and the con game of separating many Americans from their money.

Old 11-25-2012, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Usually as nonconforming uses. This means that the current use now has a finite life unlike the indefinite life it had in the absence of nonconforming status. TYVFM.
Quote:
Who will own the high rises? Will the 99% be paying rent to the top 1%? What would OWS say? Condos have been rejected by the vast majority - a failed housing model, so that's not an appealing option.

What about those who would like to own tiny homes on tiny plots? They were never the problem, never the cause of McMansions and sprawl.
Quote:
I keep asking globalists and not getting satisfactory answers:

WTF do you (Agenda 21, carbon tax, etc people) say to poor people in rich countries?

Other than 'drop dead' of course.

That is not at all sustainable.
Quote:
Why is there no land acquisition now for future affordable housing needs? How is this sustainable for working class and poor people?
Those are all good points since Agenda 21 won't be able to solve those problems since it won't have the power or the coordination to do so.

Old 11-26-2012, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Oh wow, look at these radical measures...

Long term
Preserve open space
Promote high-density and in-fill development through zoning policies
Institute growth boundaries, ordinances or programs to limit suburban sprawl
Give incentives and bonuses for development in existing downtown areas and areas near public transit
Encourage brownfield development
Discourage sprawl through impact, facility, mitigation, and permit fees

So cities will try to discourage sprawl and preserve green spaces and build denser development closer in to city centers... Been going on in most forward looking cities around the world for some time now.

Holy s**t, they want to plant trees? What kind of crazy Orwellian nightmare is that?

They want to drive up the price of urban land to unsustainable levels and make housing unaffordable, like in Portland where buildable urban land goes for $500K an acre.

Old 11-26-2012, 12:10 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,859,429 times
Quote:
Where will poor people live - where will they be able to live - in 2050?
Where they live now the outer fringes of towns and cities , each cities master plan address's the housing more so outside the Mega cities....

Old 11-26-2012, 12:14 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,859,429 times
Quote:
They want to drive up the price of urban land to unsustainable levels and make housing unaffordable, like in Portland where buildable urban land goes for $500K an acre.
Depends on how you do it , if you address the population growth and housing issues you should be able to keep the rent down. The New England towns and cities have addressed this thus you'll find rents in most cities and towns affordable. The Average Rent in New England is 700$ for a 1 bedroom apartment. This has not been the case with the DC area or NYC region it has been left unchecked and averages are closer to 1500$. Housing is also more then it should as opposed to New England.

Old 11-26-2012, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noihoforus View Post
No silly rabbit......they want to take your property rights away.....along with your Constitutional Rights!

Government took away the property rights of poor people decades ago. Where have you been all these years?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies