Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2012, 02:42 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,122,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
It's binding as soon as your local government starts drawing up maps, making zoning laws, drafting and voting on new regulations to enforce specific restrictions and changes to fall in line with State and Federal goals according to the UN agreement signed by the U.S.
Binding between you and your local or state government who you are free to elect in or out. Not binding between you and the UN. You folks have a hard time understanding it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2012, 02:44 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Binding between you and your local or state government who you are free to elect in or out. Not binding between you and the UN. You folks have a hard time understanding it.
Not a big picture kind of person, are you.

Old 11-25-2012, 02:45 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,167,475 times
Quote:
No.... states and local govt can enact zoning and enact setbacks along coastal areas. Can you think without taking the extreme position on issues that you can't grasp?
Setbacks along coastal areas. Government can enact zoning and enact setbacks along coastal areas. Did you really just write that?

I live in a little Incorporated Village on Long Island. The entire eastern end of the village is considered a Federal Flood zone. Even so, waterfront properties on LI Sound with 50' x 100' lots sell for close to $1M. W-A-T-E-R-F-R-O-N-T. These homes own to the high tide mark. Explain to me again your little "theory"? Because I am a licensed real estate broker and without .gov declaring eminent domain and compensating the current deed holders for their property, your little theory is nothing but pure phantasy. FEMA implemented new rebuilding requirements of a main floor being at least 13' above sea level after the '92 NorEaster, but you think .gov can just take over private property? Not in the U.S.A., thank goodness.

Old 11-25-2012, 02:47 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,300,068 times
Quote:
It's binding as soon as your local government starts drawing up maps, making zoning laws, drafting and voting on new regulations to enforce specific restrictions and changes to fall in line with State and Federal goals according to the UN agreement signed by the U.S.

It has started in your own back yard. Check out your state and city/town listing on the links provided.
If you think it's 'irrelevant', you'll soon have a rude awakening. You WILL be paying for something that you say is "irrelevant". Open up your wallet. The government loves people like you.

Lol, if this fantasy happens and people don't like the changes, they can vote out those who enacted the agenda 21 conspiracy unto them.

Basically, it's nonsense. Just the paranoid rambles of people who don't believe in democracy and whose real fear is that people will like what the agenda 21 initiative is selling.

Old 11-25-2012, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Lol, if this fantasy happens and people don't like the changes, they can vote out those who enacted the agenda 21 conspiracy unto them.

Basically, it's nonsense. Just the paranoid rambles of people who don't believe in democracy and whose real fear is that people will like what the agenda 21 initiative is selling.
The sad thing is, ignorant voters like yourself LIKE the idea of living in a Nanny State run by globalists because you have Euro-envy. You think the UN knows best and would never bother to challenge such mandates. The dummies now outnumber the informed. This country is so screwed.

Old 11-25-2012, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Not a big picture kind of person, are you.
So how again does the UN take our rights away from us?

Old 11-25-2012, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
Setbacks along coastal areas. Government can enact zoning and enact setbacks along coastal areas. Did you really just write that?

I live in a little Incorporated Village on Long Island. The entire eastern end of the village is considered a Federal Flood zone. Even so, waterfront properties on LI Sound with 50' x 100' lots sell for close to $1M. W-A-T-E-R-F-R-O-N-T. These homes own to the high tide mark. Explain to me again your little "theory"? Because I am a licensed real estate broker and without .gov declaring eminent domain and compensating the current deed holders for their property, your little theory is nothing but pure phantasy. FEMA implemented new rebuilding requirements of a main floor being at least 13' above sea level after the '92 NorEaster, but you think .gov can just take over private property? Not in the U.S.A., thank goodness.
I never claimed that it was the same everywhere, re-read what I wrote.

Government does have the ability to use emiment domain.

Old 11-25-2012, 03:09 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,300,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
The sad thing is, ignorant voters like yourself LIKE the idea of living in a Nanny State run by globalists because you have Euro-envy. You think the UN knows best and would never bother to challenge such mandates. The dummies now outnumber the informed. This country is so screwed.

This isn't about me and your projections about what I like. These are the facts, the UN is doing what the UN always does create non binding iniatives to get greater cooperation amongst nations.
The UN can not enforce anything.
The conspiracy theory of agenda 21 rests in the idiotic idea that its the UN one world government nonsense.

Many people who believe in this agenda 21 conspiracy are once again being conned, by the same people who have been conning them for years.

Its sad really.

Old 11-25-2012, 03:12 PM

Quote:
I never claimed that it was the same everywhere, re-read what I wrote.

Government does have the ability to use emiment domain.
I will NOT re-read your idiotic assertion again. The U.S. government does NOT have the authority to declare eminent domain under the umbrella of Agenda 21 in order to takeover coastal property. Furthermore, when eminent domain IS declared in rare cases, the property owner is compensated for the FAIR MARKET VALUE of the property. So again, super genius, assuming a tyrannical government would undertake such outrageous and ridiculous action, where is the money going to come from to compensate the owners?

Old 11-25-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
This isn't about me and your projections about what I like. These are the facts, the UN is doing what the UN always does create non binding iniatives to get greater cooperation amongst nations.
The UN can not enforce anything.
The conspiracy theory of agenda 21 rests in the idiotic idea that its the UN one world government nonsense.

Many people who believe in this agenda 21 conspiracy are once again being conned, by the same people who have been conning them for years.

Its sad really.
The only people being conned are the Democrat lemmings who repeat ad nauseum that Agenda 21 is a "conspiracy theory". Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain .............. and don't come knocking on my door when you have no more food for your family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies