Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2012, 10:41 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Good Grief, I thought you guys were for LOCAL government control. Why is it scary for a local government to decide to move toward sustainability, especially if the citizens of that locality support it?

You want to take the feds out of things, but you don't want local government to govern.
When you find you local governments no longer governing but just pushing rules and regulations that come to them from the larger regional offices in the state headquarters who are pushing things down from the DC government. Well that DC bunch will not be a government any longer in that the international headquarters won't be there and that is where all the laws will be coming from.

You know little, if anything, about ICLEI and Agenda 21 and what the are pushing for. You need to read some of the things we give you like the one directly from ICLEI that I put out for you. Maybe you need to listen to Rosa Koire talk about what ICLEI has been doing in her home state, California. If you are just going to continue to attack the messenger and never look at the message, you are going to remain ignorant of what is going on right under your nose. Go ahead and call me insane as one of your friends has done recently. She won't look at anything we provide her with either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2012, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prytania View Post
They have also had no traction here in New Orleans (mostly because the city is generally New Urbanist, as in Old Urbanist)

But my hometown of Atlanta and the metro areas are under siege...and New Urbanism is what that area needs badly. It is almost impossible to get around in that area without a car...and they did tear down many beaux arts buildings for parking lots and strip malls.

Dunwoody GA got a grant to do bump outs on a road and to start zoning for new buildings in a mixed use environment along this road because the Mayor wanted his town to have a traditional downtown...and now the Agenda 21 people are involved claiming this is step one to communist control of Dunwoody.

Makes me very sad that people believe this...
I see that you think Agenda 21 people think what I think or did you mean anti-Agenda 21?

Old 11-24-2012, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Why would I care? I guess you wouldn't care enough to learn anything about where you are headed.

Relevance? Don't need to watch a video to know that democrats be just as crazy as you Roy and your cohorts. You don't want to know anything like the things Koire says because you are afraid you might not like it. I am sure you wouldn't but you won't allow yourself to learn anything.

Wow local governments deciding for themselves whether or not to voluntary join ICLEI. How scary.....
I think that if you would listen to Koire you would learn that although governing bodies get taken in the people they govern don't have any idea what is happening. Keep on hiding behind your attack the messenger without knowing anything about the message.

If it's not important, then why bring it up Roy? If you would take a chance and listen to the woman talk you may learn why I even mentioned it. Some people, even leaners, will listen to some of that stuff just to learn about that.

How is that not surprising Roy? With the amount of threads you start Roy on baseless far right propaganda, you have lost a lot of credibility. I love to hear you leaners talk about credibility when you won't even take a chance on learning something that may have a profound effect on your future. If you are less than 50 and Obamacare allows you to live you will see why I am trying to help you understand.

I'm still not connecting the dots... SO how exactly are our property and personal freedoms are being taken away. Can you draw me a diagram to how exactly your fears of the UN takeover of America is going to happen.... It is very hard to connect dots when you don't even know where the dots are and why they are there. You refuse to learn anything for yourself so how do I lead you to learning? It is so much like what they used to say about making a horse drink after leading him to the water. Remember that I have no credibility with you so I can't lead you to learning anything you just won't try to learn.

Yes another organization who promotes sustainability voluntary to local cities and municipalities....

You do realize there are other global organizations (nothing to do with sustainability or the environment but purely economic issues) that operate in similar fashion? Where's the outrage over us sovereign Americans taking economic ideas from smelly foreigners?
I wonder what these groups are. You don't tell me anything but that they are there. Maybe you don't really know any of them. I can guarantee you that once you put them out there I will read about them. Will you read about Agenda 21 when I make you happy?

Old 11-24-2012, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafo1981 View Post
Agenda 21 (Agenda for the 21st century) is non-binding UN resolution adopted by 178 countries at the 1992 Conference on Environment and Development (UNCED) held in Rio de Janerio, Brazil. It's an action plan, or series of recommendations and goals aimed at promoting sustainable development, reducing poverty, world hunger, pollution, and climate change.

While it is non-binding, many governments (both national and local) and institutions use agenda 21 as a useful set of goals and guidelines. At the local level, it's sometime referred to as Local Agenda 21, or LA21.

In reality the actual effects of Agenda 21 in the US over the last 22 years seem to have been almost zero. Searching for mentions of it on the internet almost entirely results in mentions from conspiracy and conservative organizations.

The largest "impact" seems to be that a variety of local governments have joined the ICLEI (International Council for Local and Environmental Initiatives) - an organization that includes Agenda 21 in it's goals, but really aimed at development in 3rd world countries. Any US municipality that joins ICLEI is really just affirming their environnemental credentials, and so is largely going to be those of a less conservative leaning. For example, in California, the liberal-leaning Los Angeles County is a member, but the more conservative Orange County immediately to the south is not.

Concerns regarding Agenda 21 and the ICLEI range from extreme conspiracy theories:

http://aircrap.org/alexander-bachman...meters/332267/
I don't think you have tried very hard to find anything about Agenda 21 since you haven't seemingly found the website of Agenda 21. I wonder if you might not be a leaner who has to use various adjectives to find things and fail because of that. Google Agenda 21 and nothing else and you will find their website. The same works very well for iCLEI.

Old 11-24-2012, 11:02 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
I get a little jealous since you kept ignoring my replies to your replies when you reply to others in a timely manner.... But I think it's you who didn't read your own link.

edit:
What is your point about the link you put out? You said the govt controlled ~9 million acres of land earlier without specifying if it was submerged or non-submerged .... I'm just going by what your link provided

I guess you want the people to control them, eh comrade?

And no I don't think it's ok for the fed and state to control all the water. Most states do it through public-private partnerships.
Mussolini would love you

Old 11-24-2012, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Mussolini would love you
I wonder if any of our leaners have ever heard of the White House Rural Council that Obama created not so long ago with one of his Executive Orders. Here is a list of those who will be on this thing and eventually tell farmers mostly in the center of the country how to live and work. I keep wondering what the Secretaries of Defense, State, HHS, and so many of these people should have to do with farmers and what they do.

Rural Council Members | The White House

I will also suggest that some here might learn something about this Council from this link.

Executive Order 13575 Rural Councils - Agenda 21 | Farm Wars

Old 11-25-2012, 12:09 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,122,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I wonder if any of our leaners have ever heard of the White House Rural Council that Obama created not so long ago with one of his Executive Orders. Here is a list of those who will be on this thing and eventually tell farmers mostly in the center of the country how to live and work. I keep wondering what the Secretaries of Defense, State, HHS, and so many of these people should have to do with farmers and what they do.

Rural Council Members | The White House

I will also suggest that some here might learn something about this Council from this link.

Executive Order 13575 Rural Councils - Agenda 21 | Farm Wars

In your fox news vid in the farmwars link, all they did we was talk over, loudly, the lone woman who was brought into be the supporter. Does this really give me an overall look at it or just a bias slant? If it is a bias slant, why would you do that?

The problem with this and agenda 21 is that you take an idea and then just become single-mindedly focused on the extreme negative that could be a result of it. You take a narrow, it's either you're with us or against approach. How does this type of behavior lead to any sort of non bias insight?

When you tell us to go read it and learn, what you are really saying is just agree with me.

This thread has run it's course for me. Till next time.

Old 11-25-2012, 12:11 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,122,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Mussolini would love you
Wow, thank you for that breathtakingly insightful response. You nailed it!

Till next time.

Old 11-25-2012, 12:38 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Learn about Mussolini and you would know why I'm laughing at you.

Old 11-25-2012, 04:57 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,167,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Thats so laughable I don't even know where to begin.... The Conservatives in New England would laugh at that list , most of that stuff they support same with Conservatives elsewhere in the Northeast. Mixed Use developments have been around since the founding of this country , TOD/Smart Growth has been around since the 1830s... Theres nothing wrong with traffic calming , people shouldn't be speeding down residential or commercial streets , speeding should be left for the highways or rural roads... We can't have Public/Private partnerships? How do you think other countries are building and expanding during these economic times , same with out west....its not evil its pro-business.... New Urbanism isn't anything to fear...nor Historical preservation so how would you like it if I demolished the state house in Kansas to build my strip mall....I guess Historical buildings don't deserve protecting how loony... As Sandy has taught us we shouldn't have messed with our coastal wetlands , overbuilding has destoried Mother Nature's defense system.... They don't build Stack and Pack housing that was thrown out in the 60s because it didn't work... Its funny they don't target Airports , Roads , Highways and anything that enslaves you to Big Oil , Big Auto and corporate greed.... Its the things that don't enslave you that there afraid...its good thing we got rid of the few loons in power that believed this here in the Northeast...

I think Roy , KUchief and anyone who believes this should be Hospitalized , a Mental exam is needed.. They make the schizophrenic person I know look sane....
So they don't build stack and pack housing anymore, eh? What do you call this?

Shipping Containers to Become Condos in Detroit - Yahoo! News

Btw, Detroit is in Michigan.

As to Hurricane Sandy, are you suggesting that no homes should ever be built along coastlines? That the Midtown Tunnel never should have been built because it flooded? Get a grip!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies