Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2012, 02:38 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times

Advertisements

Yes nice walkable communities where you are shipped to your work detail via hi speed rail and live in your bee hives all under control of the leader of choice. Not where I want to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2012, 02:40 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,861,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Yes nice walkable communities where you are shipped to your work detail via hi speed rail and live in your bee hives all under control of the leader of choice. Not where I want to go.
Your a nut , a pysco nut...visit the Northeast sometime and get out of your bubble of fear...

Old 11-23-2012, 02:41 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,122,688 times
Quote:
Still waiting for your replies.... It's ok if you are scared.

Old 11-23-2012, 02:42 PM

I've seen your utopia of hi speed rails all paid for by folks tax dollars that we don't have. I don't want to live in the northeast. I'm happy where I am. Leave me alone utopia seekers. It's not what you think it will be. Never is.

Old 11-23-2012, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prytania View Post
Yes everyone should live in walkable communities unless you want to live in a non walkable community in which case your roads should be toll roads so that others don't have to subsidize your way of life. And oil companies should be stripped of their corporate welfare (which they threaten will make the cost of fuel go up).

How the hell traditional Americana is now the devil is beyond me.

YOu want to fight this?

And you will fight FOR this?

I dont fight for any UN program (the UN is beyond worthless) but building good communities, good architecture, new urbanism (which is essentially old urbanism. Aka these are the towns, cities and villages of our ancestors. We let them fall to pieces. We moved into ugly areas, dominated by throwaway architecture which is turn as a sad commentary on the state and intellect of the common man today in America)
It's more than just that. We've been paving over our water supplies and farmland.

And if we ever had a water crisis or energy crisis, we'd be screwed because of the inefficiencies.

Lastly, the folks are completely oblivious to the zoning and planning the favors and requires car centric lifestyle. Here in Houston businesses and residential developers are required to have a certain amount of parking per resident or size of business. The folks really are ignorant towards how development happens in most of this country. There is nothing free market in how America was developed in the automobile age.

Old 11-23-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Still waiting for your replies.... It's ok if you are scared.
You just responded to my reply. I guess that is too hard for you to figure out though.

Old 11-23-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
You just responded to my reply. I guess that is too hard for you to figure out though.
Got it. You can't back up any your claims, graphs, or links you post here.

Old 11-23-2012, 03:09 PM

1,350 posts, read 2,301,183 times
Quote:
It's more than just that. We've been paving over our water supplies and farmland.

And if we ever had a water crisis or energy crisis, we'd be screwed because of the inefficiencies.

Lastly, the folks are completely oblivious to the zoning and planning the favors and requires car centric lifestyle. Here in Houston businesses and residential developers are required to have a certain amount of parking per resident or size of business. The folks really are ignorant towards how development happens in most of this country. There is nothing free market in how America was developed in the automobile age.

Well there is nothing free market about how it even started. The streetcar suburbs were in the cities and towns, just adding yards and trees (many of these neighborhoods are in cities today, like where I live...Uptown New Orleans).
The auto suburb was envisioned post WW2 when GIs returning were being given mortgages but only in new suburban developments. The US government would not back any mortgage on property that wasn't new or that was a certain age.
Streetcar lines were pulled up....roads were laid. Developers started not to develop the building lot but acres and acres of land with acres of parking, many times given tax subsidies to build meglomarts as time progressed.
Everything about suburbia is subsidized....the fuel to keep it going, the roads, the developments, the infrastructure outside of roads which has to be spread for miles and miles.

Old 11-23-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Got it. You can't back up any your claims, graphs, or links you post here.
Already been done and just like I said your still not happy and ignore and continue ranting on like usual.

Old 11-23-2012, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Already been done and just like I said your still not happy and ignore and continue ranting on like usual.
Prove it. You still haven't responded about Florida Forever Project and your Biodiversity graph. You told me to go figure it out myself, I did, asked you questions, and now I'm waiting for your replies....

Again prove it. Man up and stop lying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies