Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 12:21 PM

1,350 posts, read 2,301,183 times

Advertisements

There are puberty suppressing drugs. And they don't do any damage...they just buy the child additional time to be sure. Puberty is hell for a transgender kid...those drugs are life savers.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:22 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prytania View Post
Being forced to be someone you aren't hurts far more. The parents have the best interest of their child at heart in this case. You shouldnt have a say here.
a 9 year old knows nothing of what it feels like to be a girl or boy. The parents have steered this poor child into THEIR thinking.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:22 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,245,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
I would agree, most 9 year olds don't know anything about it, because they don't have a gender disorder... it's not exactly a common condition. It's also not Frankenstein garbage, but a well documented condition in which the brain thinks one thing, while the body shows another. A 9-year old is perfectly capable of recognizing this discrepancy in their own body.
Actually, some are younger than 9. At least one.

Kim Petras - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Kim Petras was born on 27 August 1992[1] as Tim Petras. Her parents, Lutz and Konni, have said that from the age of two, she began insisting she was a girl. It became apparent this was "not just a phase,"[3] and her parents tried to be supportive but made her wear gender neutral clothes in public.[4] Eventually her parents sought professional help but struggled to find people who were knowledgeable on the subject. In time they found Bernd Meyenburg at Frankfurt University who was head of a clinic for children and had studied transsexuality since the 1970s.[3]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
now a 2 year old knows???? You people are downright creepy for believing this tripe.
Get over yourself, it's not tripe but is fact.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:23 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Actually, some are younger than 9.

Kim Petras - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
now a 2 year old knows???? You people are downright creepy for believing this tripe.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:23 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,500,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Do you have every person you encounter scanned to ensure that the way they present themselves matches their chromosomes?
maybe we should

why would you advocate for people MISREPRESENTING themselves

if you are born as male or a female, then be that. represent that...if the MIND is wrong, get it fixed

Old 11-28-2012, 12:26 PM

Quote:
a 9 year old knows nothing of what it feels like to be a girl or boy. The parents have steered this poor child into THEIR thinking.

I did. I knew at that age....kids know what gender they feel like.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:28 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
So you are saying you can learn to cope with it though? Again, how about violent people? Don't we teach them that those thought processes and behaviors are incorrect?
My dad learned to cope alright. Night terrors until his death, random shooting at "the enemy" inside the house, and so many other delightful things. The drugs were even better. He was in a walking coma for the 2 years that he was on them.

As for violent offenders, what is the recidivism rate now? Obviously that doesn't work either.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
maybe we should

if you are born as male or a female, then be that. represent that...if the MIND is wrong, get it fixed
There are women BORN women with XY chromosomes. Its called androgen insensitivity syndrome. Many but not all trans women have partial androgen insensitivity syndrome.

Basically this is my feelings, the law in 48 states recognizes "sex reassignment" as does the Federal government...and have for quite a long long time.

Who cares what you think? I'm beyond tired of people having to justify their existence or identity to people that don't matter. Take care of who you are first.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:30 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,245,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
maybe we should

So you're all for brainwashing techniques, ooooooo kkkkkkkk.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:32 PM

2,075 posts, read 4,448,345 times
Quote:
No they don't. They don't even know what their body is supposed to feel like or even do at that age. You give too much credit to a child.
Having 4 children myself, I would say you give too little credit to children. You seem to imply that children are relatively gender neutral until puberty. That prior to puberty their gender identity should jump all over the spectrum while environmental norms influence them one way or the other. That's certainly not the case as all of my kids have had very gender specific traits from a very early age, indicating non-environmental influence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.