Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 03:26 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,456,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Did I specify a racist slant to the threads? No. I didn't. But as a victim wannabee, you imagined I did. Which proves my point.
Well, you start by making assumptions about the skin color of people posting these threads.

Then you go on to state that those supposed black posters "play the victim and like to wallow in it" and "swing topics to racial issues."

In fact, you left it pretty wide open to interpretation as to whether your criticisms extend only to those posters or to "black people" in general.

So you shouldn't be so surprised that your statement can be pretty easily construed as potentially far-reaching criticism on the basis of race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I haven't studied them and rarely even bother with them, but I'd be willing to bet most of the race threads are started by blacks. Playing the victim is a big deal to them and they wallow in it. They also tend to swing topics to racial issues when race isn't the subject at all. They see things that aren't there.

Oh, well.

Old 12-04-2012, 03:39 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,654,874 times
Well, by all indications the human race originated in Africa anyway. So we all have African roots no matter what the hue of our skin.

"New research published in the journal Nature (19 July) has proved the single origin of humans theory by combining studies of global genetic variations in humans with skull measurements across the world. The research, at the University of Cambridge represents a final blow for supporters of a multiple origins of humans theory. findings show that humans originated in a single area in Sub-Saharan Africa."

New Research Proves Single Origin Of Humans In Africa

original article: http://www.nature.com/nature/journal...ture05951.html

Old 12-04-2012, 03:48 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,214,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
We're an easy target it seems, and an object of fascination it appears.

Moreover, folks can say things on the net that they can't get away with saying in person. That's a big aspect of it. Stick around. You'll see a lot more of it.

Race is just an aspect of the ongoing culture war. Blacks are a fixture of liberalism, and a representation of the folly of the egalitarian.

It isn't that black people matter by themselves, they don't. But the existence of blacks and other minorities has had an effect on American culture, and sadly, mostly for the worse.

If blacks all "acted white"(if that is an appropriate term) and people stopped talking about trying to create "equality" for blacks(through government force), and blacks stopped trying to create their separate society(supposedly because white people hate them). Then no one would even talk about black people. They would just be absorbed into the social and racial fabric of America, and we would go about our business.

Basically, I blame people on both ends of the political spectrum, and blacks themselves, for talking so much about race. Either by turning groups into perpetual victims, or turning groups into perpetual abusers. Neither actually helps anyone at all, regardless of the intent.

I always think of it like American-Indians. I'm part Cherokee Indian, but to a large extent, I wish all the American-indian tribes would just disappear by simply being absorbed. We would be better off, they would be better off. If you get special benefits for being American-Indian, then you'll identify yourself as American-Indian. If there are no benefits for being American-Indian, then most people simply wouldn't care, you'll just consider yourself American. Almost all American-Indians in this country are already of mixed-race, and live in metropolitan areas, there is really no need to "save the Cherokee language or culture". Let it die, let every culture die that wouldn't naturally live without protection. Why perpetuate division?

Seriously, everyone just shut up, strip away any special privilege anyone receives through the government for being a minority. And things will fix themselves. Trying to push things along tends to make things worse.

One of my favorite sayings by Thomas Sowell is.... "A racist might prefer one race to another, but he prefers himself to everyone else"..... Basically, a person will always do whats in their own best interest, and race plays a very small role overall. Let markets operate, stop intervening, you are making things worse.

Thomas Sowell - Fallacies of Race - YouTube

Old 12-04-2012, 04:25 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,690,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
I'm can't be positive that it's hatred, but it definitely is obsessive.
They're usually not very nice threads so obsessive disliking ?

Old 12-04-2012, 05:03 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,060,162 times
I guess those groups are just genetically obsessed and looking for reasons to fulfill their stereotypical minds.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:06 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Goodness, there's an entire world outside of your little cabin in the woods.
Hilarious, OMG my bladder leaked a little on this one

Old 12-04-2012, 05:15 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanInTheCan View Post
It seems there is an agenda going on.
Because black people are hilarious.

Talk about people who vote against their own best interests.

I know many, many nice black people, but their overall culture leaves a lot to be desired.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:24 PM

2,134 posts, read 3,044,036 times
A combination of obsession, fascination, and fear.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:41 PM

723 posts, read 2,194,160 times
because black people are easy to make fun of and there are troves of folks on this board to assist. Think about it.

You're white/asian/whatever and generally unhappy in life. Your wife found another man, your *junk* doesn't work, or you just aren't making that much money at work. Maybe you have head trama from a car accident or something of that nature and are self concious. What could be worse than these realities?
Being black.
Yes the worst of the worst.
See folks who are secure in themselves, proud of what they do and focused on the prize don't need to spend all day talking about the ills of the "black community". I enjoy academic inquiry as much as the next person, but it takes a special type of person to (wholly unasked, mind you) , sit and tell an entire group of people what 'they' are doing wrong and what 'they' can do to fix it. 97.4% of these people have no skin in the game. They aren't black, they probably aren't in a relationship with a black person, no one in their family is black, and they don't come into contact with blacks on a daily basis. The one off interaction with the occasional crack head or legitimate thug obliterates all the accomplishments of the "black community" in this persons mind, such that one can only assume that they derive (and i've said this before) a sense of euphoria for being the one to solve the ills of those other people, over there.
See Whites and other groups don't have to deal with such a reality. One does not see 500+ lb "becky" on the bus or venture through the mountainous regions of Appalachia, then immediately feels the need to contact Bill Gates or some other influential (White) figure in order to fix their ills. That would be silly. But blacks (the 6 or 7 of us on this board) are expected to speak up against the trove of ass backwards questions posted up on this board. "Why are blacks so dumb?" "Why are blacks so poor?" "Why do blacks enjoy food stamps" "Obama is black, why aren't all the other's succeeding?"
Logic and reasoning is thrown to the wayside, because the people creating these threads aren't into legitimate discussion. Their mind is already made up, and they just want to hear others agree with and offer entertaining variations on the OP. Go back to the top to see why.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:41 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Race is just an aspect of the ongoing culture war. Blacks are a fixture of liberalism, and a representation of the folly of the egalitarian.

It isn't that black people matter by themselves, they don't. But the existence of blacks and other minorities has had an effect on American culture, and sadly, mostly for the worse.

If blacks all "acted white"(if that is an appropriate term) and people stopped talking about trying to create "equality" for blacks(through government force), and blacks stopped trying to create their separate society(supposedly because white people hate them). Then no one would even talk about black people. They would just be absorbed into the social and racial fabric of America, and we would go about our business.

Basically, I blame people on both ends of the political spectrum, and blacks themselves, for talking so much about race. Either by turning groups into perpetual victims, or turning groups into perpetual abusers. Neither actually helps anyone at all, regardless of the intent.

I always think of it like American-Indians. I'm part Cherokee Indian, but to a large extent, I wish all the American-indian tribes would just disappear by simply being absorbed. We would be better off, they would be better off. If you get special benefits for being American-Indian, then you'll identify yourself as American-Indian. If there are no benefits for being American-Indian, then most people simply wouldn't care, you'll just consider yourself American. Almost all American-Indians in this country are already of mixed-race, and live in metropolitan areas, there is really no need to "save the Cherokee language or culture". Let it die, let every culture die that wouldn't naturally live without protection. Why perpetuate division?

Seriously, everyone just shut up, strip away any special privilege anyone receives through the government for being a minority. And things will fix themselves. Trying to push things along tends to make things worse.

One of my favorite sayings by Thomas Sowell is.... "A racist might prefer one race to another, but he prefers himself to everyone else"..... Basically, a person will always do whats in their own best interest, and race plays a very small role overall. Let markets operate, stop intervening, you are making things worse.

Thomas Sowell - Fallacies of Race - YouTube
GTFOH.

You were already babbling a load of nonsense as it was, but then to top it off with the whole "I'm part Cherokee" bullsh*t is more than I can take.

I don't want white folks telling me about their supposed Indian heritage. It's almost NEVER true and lends zero credibility to their argument. So either start a new argument or don't bother responding to me.

Pffffffft....part Cherokee!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies