Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 10:58 AM

4,437 posts, read 4,869,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICS67 View Post
As for your first media reference, Press TV is the English-language arm of Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting, the Iranian government's television corporation. Undoubtedly a paragon of fair and balanced reporting.
And what would you consider a better source "FOX NEWS"?

All of American news media is owned by about five corporations with the likes of Rupert Murdoch.
And don't forget the media backs the U.S. lies and war making.

Old 12-10-2012, 11:41 AM

78,444 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
And what would you consider a better source "FOX NEWS"?

All of American news media is owned by about five corporations with the likes of Rupert Murdoch.
And don't forget the media backs the U.S. lies and war making.
Well thanks for keeping the whole thing non-political. <points to the picture and chuckles>

Sadly, we lost 90% of the anti-war types when the administration changed. Now many of them not only won't oppose the wars, they make excuses about them and if you bring up guantanamo they change the subject too.

This is why I could not vote for Obama again and just didn't vote for anyone this time. Obama has not changed course from Bush\Cheney war doctrine ONE LITTLE BIT.

Old 12-10-2012, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
I wonder if the families of any of the people killed in the terrorist attacks orchestrated, enabled, and perpetrated by the individuals we send drones against were at your protest. Do you all do anything to support them?
We are actively trying to prevent the slaughter of innocent lives, and to prevent future terrorists.
Do you realize for every innocent person our country kills in a family there are probably many family members, friends and neighbors that want revenge.
We are the terrorists, how would you feel if there was always the buzz of drones flying over head?
These people are afraid to come out of their houses, to send their children to school, to gather in groups, there has been wedding parties and funerals that have been hit with drones, our government double taps drone attacks, they will hit a place wait 15 minutes for doctors and rescue workers to arrive and strike them again.

What may I ask do you do for peace and to help people, sit at a keyboard and post in forums?

Old 12-10-2012, 11:42 AM

39,081 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Commies and traitors!

Old 12-10-2012, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Well thanks for keeping the whole thing non-political. <points to the picture and chuckles>

Sadly, we lost 90% of the anti-war types when the administration changed. Now many of them not only won't oppose the wars, they make excuses about them and if you bring up guantanamo they change the subject too.

This is why I could not vote for Obama again and just didn't vote for anyone this time. Obama has not changed course from Bush\Cheney war doctrine ONE LITTLE BIT.
I know it is very sad, these people will ride around in their cars with both a peace sticker and Obama for president sticker on their bumper

Old 12-10-2012, 11:52 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,466,305 times
Quote:
We are actively trying to prevent the slaughter of innocent lives, and to prevent future terrorists.
Do you realize for every innocent person our country kills in a family there are probably many family members, friends and neighbors that want revenge.
We are the terrorists, how would you feel if there was always the buzz of drones flying over head?
These people are afraid to come out of their houses, to send their children to school, to gather in groups, there has been wedding parties and funerals that have been hit with drones, our government double taps drone attacks, they will hit a place wait 15 minutes for doctors and rescue workers to arrive and strike them again.

What may I ask do you do for peace and to help people, sit at a keyboard and post in forums?
For peace I vote Republican. To help people, I have volunteered at food banks, community theater putting on childrens' plays, donate to cancer research, and was a member of the Alpha Phi Omega service fraternity in college.

Old 12-10-2012, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Commies and traitors!
Naturally the common people don't want war. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament or a communist dictatorship. All you have to do is to tell them that they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.
Hermann Goering

btw I'm not a true pacifist but I refuse to be lied into military action as our leaders have done since the Revolutionary War.

Old 12-10-2012, 12:37 PM

1,403 posts, read 2,151,622 times
Quote:
I rather like seeing "the buzz of drones flying over head" -- that means I might, just might get real-time air support.

If you say that you are a terrorist, I won't argue. Would you like a vacation to a sunny spot a little south of Miami, all expenses paid by me and other tax payers?

It's warm and nice this time of the year there.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
For peace I vote Republican. To help people, I have volunteered at food banks, community theater putting on childrens' plays, donate to cancer research, and was a member of the Alpha Phi Omega service fraternity in college.
How is voting Republican doing anything for peace?

Old 12-10-2012, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndiaLimaDelta View Post
I rather like seeing "the buzz of drones flying over head" -- that means I might, just might get real-time air support.

If you say that you are a terrorist, I won't argue. Would you like a vacation to a sunny spot a little south of Miami, all expenses paid by me and other tax payers?

It's warm and nice this time of the year there.
Terrorist not I but my government is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies