Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 04:05 PM

1,403 posts, read 2,149,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
The CIA has been found guilty by the European Court of torture, abuse, & secretly imprisoning.
Henry Kissinger [or insert your right-wing bogeyman of choice] called and wants to know where his extradition is.

Please do post the amusing photographs after the event.

Cheers.

P.S. Please don't interrupt or otherwise impede the already congested NoVA traffic.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:54 PM

3,219 posts, read 7,079,457 times
I am not some Kumbaya-hippie-liberal but holy ****, some of you sure are nonchalant about some of the sleazier CIA operations overseas. "I don't care what happens to someone else as long as it 'protects' me". You may not be concerned about foreigners abroad who are 'different' than you, but the CIA has been known to conduct operations on US citizens as well.

MK-ULTRA: The Science Channel

Declassified Mk-Ultra Project Documents

Can anybody really defend this???

The Dirty War in Argentina

The Consortium

How has this protected you as an American?

Old 01-12-2013, 07:11 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,865,092 times
We had well over a hundred it may have been close to 200 at the CIA Headquarters today.

The rest of pictures are at link below if anyone is interested

CIA HEADQUARTERS 1/12/2013 - PHOTObyTED's Photos | SmugMug

Old 01-13-2013, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
I am not some Kumbaya-hippie-liberal but holy ****, some of you sure are nonchalant about some of the sleazier CIA operations overseas. "I don't care what happens to someone else as long as it 'protects' me". You may not be concerned about foreigners abroad who are 'different' than you, but the CIA has been known to conduct operations on US citizens as well.

MK-ULTRA: The Science Channel

Declassified Mk-Ultra Project Documents

Can anybody really defend this???

The Dirty War in Argentina

The Consortium

How has this protected you as an American?
My personal favorite is the Phoenix Program. Excellent work on degrading the VCI.

Old 01-13-2013, 03:39 AM

Quote:
We had well over a hundred it may have been close to 200 at the CIA Headquarters today.

The rest of pictures are at link below if anyone is interested

CIA HEADQUARTERS 1/12/2013 - PHOTObyTED's Photos | SmugMug
Looks more like 20 at most, at least from the photographs. Pity no one took a panoramic photograph so the "close to 200" claim could be verified.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndiaLimaDelta View Post
Looks more like 20 at most, at least from the photographs. Pity no one took a panoramic photograph so the "close to 200" claim could be verified.
I guess you did not bother to look at any of the other pics at my site, I guess it is easier just to run your mouth or you would have seen around 80 or so people in a panoramic view while others stood behind them in clusters listening to speakers or to musicians or just talking among themselves.
There were other people that came early and left early and those that came late so yes there were well over a hundred but less than 200 as I mentioned.
Unlike the past two protest we had at the CIA where we were allowed to really spread out and go into the medium of the highway we were limited this week where we were allowed to go.

Old 01-15-2013, 10:38 PM

I see no photograph where I can count 100 let alone 200. The top photograph, which appears to be the most panoramic, has about 50 to be generous.

And don't tell me there's more beyond the photographs, because most of the subsequent photographs appear to be the same area seen from other angles.

You wouldn't be the first or the last organizer to overestimate the size of his crowd.

Old 01-15-2013, 11:57 PM

510 posts, read 430,531 times
Quote:
The CIA has an ever expanding roll in drone strikes so we are protesting there.
I have been to many protest on Capital Hill and the White House and while it is very symbolic to protest at the White House you get a lot more exposer with car traffic than you do with a handful of tourists taking pictures of each other in front of the White House. How often does anyone from NOVA ever go to the White House, I bet most people that have lived here for years have not been to the White House in years.
But the CIA isn't in charge of approving kill lists or ordering drone strikes, they just press the button.

It's like protesting against bullets instead of guy shooting the gun. RAH RAH DOWN WITH BULLETS! BULLETS ARE KILLING PEOPLE AND IT MUST STOP.

Obama is the one shooting the gun, but we can't protest against him 'cause that would be racist.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabianS View Post
But the CIA isn't in charge of approving kill lists or ordering drone strikes, they just press the button.

It's like protesting against bullets instead of guy shooting the gun. RAH RAH DOWN WITH BULLETS! BULLETS ARE KILLING PEOPLE AND IT MUST STOP.

Obama is the one shooting the gun, but we can't protest against him 'cause that would be racist.
I would say it is immoral for the president to form these assassination lists, immoral to order these strikes and immoral to press the button.

There are many questions to be asked

Senator Asks CIA Nominee When Drones Can Kill Americans | Danger Room | Wired.com

Old 01-16-2013, 06:03 PM

Quote:
I would say it is immoral for the president to form these assassination lists, immoral to order these strikes and immoral to press the button.

There are many questions to be asked

Senator Asks CIA Nominee When Drones Can Kill Americans | Danger Room | Wired.com
Yeah, but shouldn't the decision maker bear the greater burden then the drones (literal and figurative drones)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies