Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 08:58 AM

18,419 posts, read 19,031,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
If a woman needs an abortion, i say get it. There doesn't need to be a tax on it.
I agree 100% I was asking another question adding to yours and urban's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2012, 09:03 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
so you would rather pay for all the social services needed by poor women and children who would have aborted instead?
No, these self-Righteous yahoos lose interest once the fetus becomes a baby and is ex-utero, then it's let them fend for theselves.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:04 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,881,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
If a woman needs an abortion, i say get it. There doesn't need to be a tax on it.
Do you think that an abortion procedure should be as casual as a dental cleaning? Don't you think that there needs to be some sort of checks and balances to ensure that the female (AND MALE) are compelled to exercise some personal responsibility to avoid having to kill an unborn child?

And let's all stop this bull**** battle cry "women's health," this isn't woman's health, this is the health of an unborn child.

Again, I am not saying abortion should be outright banned or illegal, I am just saying that this procedure has become a bull**** bailout for irresponsible people who have no regard for their actions and its consequences. You want to be an adult and make a baby, then fine. But the consequences should be a bit stiffer than having to take a day off from the tanning booth to get that nuisance sucked from your uterus.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:07 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,436,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
do you suppose the "kid" would agree with you?
Well, the kid would be dead. . .so I doubt his agreement would be possible.

Yet there is a lot of evidence to suggest that preventing unwanted kids leads to less criminals, homicides, etc.

I used to be pretty much against abortion until I read Steven Levitt's work on the subject. Now I see that I should set aside my morale qualms for what is better for America/Society/etc

Old 12-06-2012, 09:13 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,881,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Well, the kid would be dead. . .so I doubt his agreement would be possible.

Yet there is a lot of evidence to suggest that preventing unwanted kids leads to less criminals, homicides, etc.

I used to be pretty much against abortion until I read Steven Levitt's work on the subject. Now I see that I should set aside my morale qualms for what is better for America/Society/etc
Fine, let's play that game. Let's put our "moral qualms" aside and start exterminating those in our society who perpetuate our society decay, crime, and murders.

Let's get really ****ing proactive, not just killing the defenseless before they are even able to commit crimes, but let's take out their parents, too.

Maybe Germany has some left-over ovens we can lease.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:23 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,902,028 times
I don't understand why liberals think their pet projections should be exempt from tax. They want to tax fast food products to deter behavior, I say we tax their abortions.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:23 AM

1,259 posts, read 2,258,846 times
I think all those who are against abortion should be forced to adopt these unwanted kids.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
Do you think that an abortion procedure should be as casual as a dental cleaning? Don't you think that there needs to be some sort of checks and balances to ensure that the female (AND MALE) are compelled to exercise some personal responsibility to avoid having to kill an unborn child?

And let's all stop this bull**** battle cry "women's health," this isn't woman's health, this is the health of an unborn child.

Again, I am not saying abortion should be outright banned or illegal, I am just saying that this procedure has become a bull**** bailout for irresponsible people who have no regard for their actions and its consequences. You want to be an adult and make a baby, then fine. But the consequences should be a bit stiffer than having to take a day off from the tanning booth to get that nuisance sucked from your uterus.
most women do not take abortion casually. we already have regulations on abortions that work fine.
you just saying it is a bull*** bail out for irresponsible people sounds like you want punishment, besides do you really want that kind of person being a parent? who would be the judge of who is getting an abortion for the "right" reasons. I'll take "women's health" off the table for this post but ask what about a woman's right to privacy. why are her choices and reasons any ones business but her own?

Old 12-06-2012, 09:26 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,902,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
I think all those who are against abortion should be forced to adopt these unwanted kids.
I think you should just pay the tax. Taxes are patriotic. So you get to feel patriotic about killing your baby: win win for liberals.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
I think late-term abortions, medical complications aside, should be taxed with a criminal penalty.

Youtube : "late term abortion," then see where you stand on the issue.

get educated on late term abortions. they are done for medical reasons only and not done for "funzies"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies