Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 09:28 AM

18,419 posts, read 19,031,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
I think you should just pay the tax. Taxes are patriotic. So you get to feel patriotic about killing your baby: win win for liberals.
can't be bothered to answer the questions posed to you in your own thread?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2012, 09:29 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
Do you think that an abortion procedure should be as casual as a dental cleaning? Don't you think that there needs to be some sort of checks and balances to ensure that the female (AND MALE) are compelled to exercise some personal responsibility to avoid having to kill an unborn child?

And let's all stop this bull**** battle cry "women's health," this isn't woman's health, this is the health of an unborn child.

Again, I am not saying abortion should be outright banned or illegal, I am just saying that this procedure has become a bull**** bailout for irresponsible people who have no regard for their actions and its consequences. You want to be an adult and make a baby, then fine. But the consequences should be a bit stiffer than having to take a day off from the tanning booth to get that nuisance sucked from your uterus.
You clearly have never had an abortion or had to deal with one, it is by far one of the toughest decisions a girl will ever have to make. No one takes it lightly.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:30 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,881,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
why are her choices and reasons any ones business but her own?
She's killing a human being. You didn't see John Wayne Gacy protected behind a right-to-privacy cloak, now did ya?

I know the comparison seems absurd, but these "couples" are procreating, they are making another human being; an abortion should come with some level of consequence.

Again, the majority of my stance on this issue pertains to those who wait to get their abortions. Late term abortions are, by definition, murder.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You clearly have never had an abortion or had to deal with one, it is by far one of the toughest decisions a girl will ever have to make. No one takes it lightly.
I understand it is not an easy decision for most, my comment was in response to how cavalier the other posted made the procedure sound.

And since you brought that up, I do know of 2 females who have admitted having an abortion, and they don't seem as bothered as one might think.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:33 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,902,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
can't be bothered to answer the questions posed to you in your own thread?
What questions?

Old 12-06-2012, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
I think all those who are against abortion should be forced to adopt these unwanted kids.
That would fit your narrative of "someone else's problem" quite well, wouldn't it?

Old 12-06-2012, 09:34 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
I understand it is not an easy decision for most, my comment was in response to how cavalier the other posted made the procedure sound.

And since you brought that up, I do know of 2 females who have admitted having an abortion, and they don't seem as bothered as one might think.
Bet you don't know how tough it was for them when they are not putting on a front to people.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:35 AM

3,807 posts, read 4,277,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
If a woman needs an abortion, i say get it. There doesn't need to be a tax on it.
I am considered to be a "staunch conservative." As such, I completely agree with your statement. I'd go further and say I have absolutely no problem with my tax dollar, being used to provide free abortions to whomever wanted them.

If we can lower the number of people in this country we wouldn't need so many social services. Like it or not, there are just MANY people in this country having children who cannot afford them. Not only financially, but morally, et al. Lets end the problem before it occurs.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:35 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times
Quote:
Totally constitutional since anything, including inaction, can be taxed now. I say we go for it. We're always taxing things to deter behavior in our society, this is no different.
1. Republicans don't raise taxes.

2. Most people don't support abortion outlaw, which this would essentially do. So it will never pass.

But if you're so inclined to try in your state, feel free. I wouldn't support it on a state or federal level.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:38 AM

2,042 posts, read 2,905,645 times
Quote:
I don't understand why liberals think their pet projections should be exempt from tax. They want to tax fast food products to deter behavior, I say we tax their abortions.
Really? Which liberals have recommended a 10,000% tax on Big Macs?
Link please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies