Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2012, 11:24 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,682,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Nope don't think so. Your kidding i know, too early in the morning to get my morning laughs.

Criminals are criminals for a reson, felongs, drug gang members, drug lords, bank robbers, rapists, won't stop doing these things ever.

Common sense tells me, you can't believe they would really stop breaking the law.
Didn't you see my previous post about 2x4s?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2012, 11:27 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfstorage View Post
Except for law enforcement and the military what problems would arise if there were no guns in this country? I suppose we would have 30,000 more people alive every year. What's that, about a million folks in some 30 odd years? I guess people couldn't go hunting. Well, there's always the grocery store. So, what would be the major problem if there were no guns in the citizenry?
Have you asked a holocost survivor or relatives of the 6 million non-survivors?

There is always the grocery store.
What happens to the animals whose numbers are not managed by hunting? Over population, starvation, disease, death, extinction. Increase of prey animals will increase predators. Predators also prey on livestock and pets and humans. So for a while people will be invaded by animals that attack and kill their livestock and families, disease will spread, crops, small gardens and lawns will be destroyed, more traffic hazards and general nuisance. There will be fewer small farmers and less self sufficiency Eventually, after cycles of overpopulation and population crashes aided by the increase in human populations which leads to urban sprawl and habitat destruction, the numbers and diversity of animal species will decrease significantly. Except for the smaller more adaptable species that can survive on human foodstuffs. This wont be noticed so much in more northern suburban areas. So I guess thats not a major problem.

Old 12-12-2012, 11:32 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,497,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Prove it. I don't give a damn about criminals who kill each other, which covers most non suicide gun deaths, the more the better, you on the other hand would obviously rather have honest citizens die.
The proof is on your television nearly every single day. Just today innocent shoppers killed in a mall fer chrissake and all the kings horses and all the kings men (with guns) couldn't put them back together again.

They were sacrificed on your alter of ownership for all without restrictions or controls.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:02 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,938,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
The proof is on your television nearly every single day. Just today innocent shoppers killed in a mall fer chrissake and all the kings horses and all the kings men (with guns) couldn't put them back together again.

They were sacrificed on your alter of ownership for all without restrictions or controls.
There are restrictions and controls in place.. The current laws are seldomly enforced. There will always be a lunatic on a mission, irrespective of what you do with gun control laws. Have any idea how easy and inexpensive it is to make a pipe bomb? I am actually surprised this isn't the lunatic weapon of choice. Take away firearms and I am willing to bet that is exactly what we evolve to.. Talk about mass casualties... There is no practical answer. The genie is out of the bottle and you can't put it back in.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:11 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,595,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Assuming you swing to the rather far-left, yet another indication that despite their much ballyhooed "progressiveness," liberals are among the least tolerant.

Most of us own rifles, especially in areas where most people hunt. We get that you don't like guns but a touch of common sense would be refreshing. Try it. You might like it.
Oh sorry... I correct my statement: your rifles against the most powerful army in the world
I'd love to see what you could do

Old 12-12-2012, 12:17 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,595,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
And yet somehow the cesspool liberal cities have the highest murder rates in the country.
The trashy Southern Red States have the higher murder rate in the country.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:18 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,682,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianuser View Post
Oh sorry... I correct my statement: your rifles against the most powerful army in the world
The US military will not turn their weapons on our own civilians for disobeying government, even if the president orders them to.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:21 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,395,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
The military and the police would become tyrants people will find other ways to kill and if you come to Appalachia for their guns it will get ugly better write a Will....
That is stupid. The Shia and Kurdish insurgency in Iraq was a hell of a lot better armed and organized then anything in Appalachia and the Iraqi army couldn't hold a candle to the US army, but the Kurds and Shia got flattened. If the police and military were united they could tyranize you no matter how many guns you had.

Civilians owning guns will not prevent tyrants, the only thing that prevents tyranny is that large sections of the military and police are against it.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:23 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,730,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianuser View Post
Same thing the Mujahideen, Viet Cong, Al Queda, Sinn Fein etc did......................

Old 12-12-2012, 12:24 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,900,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfstorage View Post
Except for law enforcement and the military what problems would arise if there were no guns in this country? I suppose we would have 30,000 more people alive every year. What's that, about a million folks in some 30 odd years? I guess people couldn't go hunting. Well, there's always the grocery store. So, what would be the major problem if there were no guns in the citizenry?
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies