Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 05:53 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I could care less how other government run their countries.

But funny to note the leftists suddenly caring about what Israel thinks.
Uh huh. So you care about what Israel says? And are leftists supposed to care about Israel?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2012, 07:05 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
No.

Just sick of the typical lefttard lack of knowledge babble.

Here's your clue: If you don't want a gun, don't get one. See how simple it is? Even for you.
Except - it doesn't work that way and you well know it. I have to be concerned about YOUR guns, about Nancy Lanza's guns; about careless gun owners who allow anyone and everyone near their guns.

I have to worry about that because that poses a risk to me and my family.

I see from reading this board - that there is little regard for the law when it comes to a lot of gun owners. They could care less who they sell their guns to/loan their guns to . . . .

Not saying that's you - just what I've read so far.

Old 12-24-2012, 07:07 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Uh huh. So you care about what Israel says? And are leftists supposed to care about Israel?
The whole Israel talking points came about from the gun owners who posted a picture of a teacher on the WEST BANK with a gun slung over her shoulder. Suddenly - that was the standard we were to aspire to.

I can't tell you how many poster responded with 'well, it works in Israel" ~ until they found how just how strict their gun laws are.

Suddenly, the righties want nothing to do with Israel.

I'm not surprised.

Old 12-24-2012, 07:13 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,980,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
It's none of Israel's business how we protect our children, just as it is none of ours how they protect their's.
A rather ironic statement in view of what's happening.

Old 12-24-2012, 07:14 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,980,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
The whole Israel talking points came about from the gun owners who posted a picture of a teacher on the WEST BANK with a gun slung over her shoulder. Suddenly - that was the standard we were to aspire to.

I can't tell you how many poster responded with 'well, it works in Israel" ~ until they found how just how strict their gun laws are.

Suddenly, the righties want nothing to do with Israel.

I'm not surprised.
LOL, so true.

Old 12-24-2012, 07:27 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
The fact Israel may be following the right policy in arming teachers does not mean that their other gun policies are right. German Shepherds are good dogs, Hitler owned a German Shepherd.

I find that Barack's family values are a good thing for our nation. I disagree with 90% of his politics.

Old 12-24-2012, 07:34 PM

768 posts, read 880,394 times
Israel?!

This is like listening to Saudi on womens rights.

Old 12-24-2012, 07:41 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times

Sure looks like a gun to me....

Old 12-24-2012, 08:10 PM

3,406 posts, read 3,452,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudee View Post
Seems like old 'lucky Pierre' or whatever his name is, didn't really do his homework when he spoke about armed security in Israeli schools. Seems that the Israelis do this because of terrorism, not because of fear of some nut-case going beserk! But as they say, don't let the truth get in the way of a good rant.
So terrorism is only by foriegners? To me what happened in newtown was terrorism!

Fyi israel has armed millitary at street corners and everyone is required to do a 2 yr stint in the millitary after highschool. You left ok with that?

Old 12-24-2012, 08:39 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,958,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I could care less how other government run their countries.

But funny to note the leftists suddenly caring about what Israel thinks.

LOL. I was thinking the very same thing. This is something that fits their agenda so Israel is right on that point. They are very predictable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies