Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 02:21 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,122,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moreforLes View Post
and so are the morons that keep blaming the NRA for things that have nothing to do with legally owning guns.... crazy people will kill people with anything... weather it be a gun, knife, sword, baseball bat, tire ire iron, crowbar, ice pick, screw driver, hammer, bomb, car or truck or even airplane.

the blame for killings gos to the people doing the killing (and or those who are behind those who do/did the killing....)
I'd much rather a crazy man come after with a tire iron, screw driver, truck, baseball bat, or knife. I have yet to build up my bullet dodging relaxes and stamina.

But hey, with your logic why have any laws at all since they don't 100% prevent what they are supposed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2012, 06:00 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
They were responding to an allegation.
Duh.
Armed guards at schools is not very good for society.
Oh well, then we should dis ban cops. They are armed guards for society.

Old 12-25-2012, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
No gun ownership is the problem and the quantity of them. More guns = more opportunities for fatalities. Now if the US did a better job of putting guns into the hands of the right people, there would be less of an issue.

Israel treat gun ownership differently and has mandatory military service. Most countries treat gun ownership as a privilege not a right, and therein is the issue.
You got part of it right. Here in the USA we need that mandatory military service.

Old 12-25-2012, 06:08 PM

Quote:
I'd much rather a crazy man come after with a tire iron, screw driver, truck, baseball bat, or knife. I have yet to build up my bullet dodging relaxes and stamina.

But hey, with your logic why have any laws at all since they don't 100% prevent what they are supposed?
No Joke how old are you? 18 to 42? My Father in Law 78, was stabbed to death by a guy about 24 and so was his as eldery lawyer wife.. he was US Army 30 years and 30 more with some cross over at Kodak (classified)

Don't you think a gun may have helped him out? Do you plan to never be older and slower?

I sure didn't but i am..... personally I'ld rather be shot at and maybe get shot than beat to death with a god dammned base ball bat.

But that's why i carry a .45 24/7. I have 3 of them to break up the monotony

Old 12-25-2012, 06:21 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,122,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
You got part of it right. Here in the USA we need that mandatory military service.
How convenient, got the part right when you agree with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
No Joke how old are you? 18 to 42?
18 to 42.... if that matters.....

Quote:
My Father in Law 78, was stabbed to death by a guy about 24 and so was his as eldery lawyer wife.. he was US Army 30 years and 30 more with some cross over at Kodak (classified)

Don't you think a gun may have helped him out? Do you plan to never be older and slower?

I sure didn't but i am..... personally I'ld rather be shot at and maybe get shot than beat to death with a god dammned base ball bat.

But that's why i carry a .45 24/7. I have 3 of them to break up the monotony
Don't really care about isolated stories (sorry I don't just don't trust online forum stories as proof) or do I have any notions that anything this country does pro-gun or anti-gun wise will work 100%. Fact of the matter is for most people (most people aren't feeble or disabled) it is a lot easier to get out of situation when you aren't faced with a gun. Of course you can sit here and come up with all sorts of wild incidents but that is irrelevant. Anyway you cut it more guns = more gun related fatalities in this country. Furthermore, banning guns completely just isn't viable solution today (maybe in the somewhat distant future as weapons continue to improve) so I would rather see us treat guns as a privilege instead of a constitutional right.

Old 12-25-2012, 06:41 PM

102 posts, read 167,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
So terrorism is only by foriegners? To me what happened in newtown was terrorism!

Fyi israel has armed millitary at street corners and everyone is required to do a 2 yr stint in the millitary after highschool. You left ok with that?
No problem at all with Israeli troops being stationed on their streets. After all the country is surrounded by nations who like to take a shot at Israel from time to time, to say nothing of terrorist organisations such as Hezzbolah, Hamas and Fatah. And as someone who was drafted in 1966 and served in SE Asia I am fine with national service too!

Old 12-25-2012, 06:46 PM

Quote:
How convenient, got the part right when you agree with me.

18 to 42.... if that matters.....

Don't really care about isolated stories (sorry I don't just don't trust online forum stories as proof) or do I have any notions that anything this country does pro-gun or anti-gun wise will work 100%. Fact of the matter is for most people (most people aren't feeble or disabled) it is a lot easier to get out of situation when you aren't faced with a gun. Of course you can sit here and come up with all sorts of wild incidents but that is irrelevant. Anyway you cut it more guns = more gun related fatalities in this country. Furthermore, banning guns completely just isn't viable solution today (maybe in the somewhat distant future as weapons continue to improve) so I would rather see us treat guns as a privilege instead of a constitutional right.
sure sure... suit yourself.... You still will never get my guns..... before the last liberal epic fail i was saving up for a Ar-10...... I will still get it, and so many mags as i please, about 20, and put up as much ammo as i want which is in thousands.....
(i do reload)

The left will do nothing.... it never really has, other than , make things harder..... With enough money you can still do anything......

Anyway you cut there is more death by car than anything else in this country..

Old 12-25-2012, 06:51 PM

102 posts, read 167,014 times
Quote:
No gun ownership is the problem and the quantity of them. More guns = more opportunities for fatalities. Now if the US did a better job of putting guns into the hands of the right people, there would be less of an issue.

Israel treat gun ownership differently and has mandatory military service. Most countries treat gun ownership as a privilege not a right, and therein is the issue.
Absolutely right! Gun-crazy Americans see ownership of any weapon they want as being a 'right' and not a privelege. They need to sober up and begin to realise that something is very wrong with this mind-set and that there has to be more regulation of who can own a gun and what type of gun they can own. But I suspect, despite the general public outrage at the most recent mass shootings, nothing will be done and these horrors will just continue unabaited as more and more paranoid Americans buy even more weapons. When will it end?

Old 12-25-2012, 06:56 PM

It is a Right......... And if you don't like it, it's just too bad...........

Old 12-25-2012, 06:56 PM

215 posts, read 182,485 times
Israel should shove it. Our affairs aren't their affairs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies