Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2013, 10:34 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,466,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Just heard it on Rush. So why has the main focal point on the massacre been the AR-15 Bushmaster .223 caliber? It was never used. When the news reports first came out, they (Cops in interviews, Police dispatch reports) reported that the killer used pistols and that a Bushmaster was in the backseat of his car. But never the less, the narrative the media used was that the Bushmaster was the weapon used. Why the focus on the Bushmaster instead of the pistols?
This doesn't really matter, because the gun control freaks have already gotten their mileage out of it. It's like the Obama administration telling companies to delay notifications of layoffs until after the election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2013, 10:52 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,232,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statutory Ape View Post
Are you certain?
Based on the reports by Connecticut police and the Chief Connecticut State Medical Examiner Dr. H. Wayne Carver II who did the autopsies, I'm as sure as I could reasonably be expected to be.

"The veteran medical examiner told reporters that the victims had all been identified and their bodies released. In what appeared to be an uncomfortable moment for Carver, he said all of the victims he had examined had all been shot by a Bushmaster .223 caliber assault rifle, one of at least two weapons Adam Lanza, the 20-year-old suspected shooter, used to commit one of the deadliest mass shootings in U.S. history."

Medical examiner: all Sandy Hook victims died of multiple gunshot wounds | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

This was as of Dec 15th. It is possible that as they examined other victims, they found wounds from pistols, but the fact is that the Bushmaster was used to kill that day.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
And you have confirmed this fact with your own eyes? The first reports, anx tbere were many, said the weapon was not used, but was in the killers posession. It was a bit of time before this was modified. Personally, I am unsure of the facts here, but I am inclined to believe that it was not actually used. This was modified to suit sensationalism. The opportunity to report yet another "assault weapon" shooting was to juicy for the media to pass up. Hyenas! Feeding on carrion. It's disgusting.
The state's chief medical examiner has.

If you're unwilling to accept anything other than proof your own eyes have seen, I suppose you believe the moon landing and the Holocaust were hoaxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
It was a bit of time before this was modified.
Exactly - like the time it took for shell casings to be recovered and bullet wounds examined.

You know, the way typical fact-finding is conducted, rather than just going on first impressions.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:54 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Just heard it on Rush. So why has the main focal point on the massacre been the AR-15 Bushmaster .223 caliber? It was never used. When the news reports first came out, they (Cops in interviews, Police dispatch reports) reported that the killer used pistols and that a Bushmaster was in the backseat of his car. But never the less, the narrative the media used was that the Bushmaster was the weapon used. Why the focus on the Bushmaster instead of the pistols?
Yea, the first reports I heard was he used 2 semi auto pistols, then I heard an AR-15. Frickin news media needs to get the story strait the first time.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Yea, the first reports I heard was he used 2 semi auto pistols, then I heard an AR-15. Frickin news media needs to get the story strait the first time.
That might be possible if the "first time" reports occurred at least 2 or 3 days after an event.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:24 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,392,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
The gun being cleared in that video is not a shotgun, it's a Bushmaster .223 rifle. I take it you haven't been around too many evil black rifles in your life.

Sorry, that's definitely a shotgun being emptied in that video clip. You can see the officer using the charging handle on the side of the bolt. Seems like you're the one that hasn't seen to many evil black shotguns. See the charging handle on the side of the bolt?

AR variant have charging handles on the top-rear of the upper and a bolt closing forward assist on the side. That cop is emptying a semi-auto shotgun of some sort, not an AR variant rifle. Sorry.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:33 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,392,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
What was in the video was not an AR. The officer played with the charging handle, stroking it upwards of 10 times (2 times to ensure that the chamber and mag were clear would have been plenty). It was clearly on the right side of the receiver of the gun. The ARs are at the rear of the receiver and are charged by pulling them out over the stock.
This.

Sorry, hadn't read this post when I posted.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:34 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WacoBill View Post
Agreed.

What causes these tragedies to happen? What is the root cause? The weapons did not do this horrible thing. The deranged mis-aligned, mentally-challenged kid did this.
Correct, and the lefty lunatics don't understand that all of these mass shootings are commited by mentally deranged people not lawabiding gun owners, the 99.9% ers. Lanza did not have access to legal weapons, he was refused purchase, so he broke the law at that point and decided to steal his mothers weapons. She knew he had mental problems and decided to keep guns in the house Pretty stupid on her part. I believe she was partly responsible for this atrosity by not moving her guns to a safe place and if still alive she would be charged with such.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:37 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,638,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
The state's chief medical examiner has.

If you're unwilling to accept anything other than proof your own eyes have seen, I suppose you believe the moon landing and the Holocaust were hoaxes.

Exactly - like the time it took for shell casings to be recovered and bullet wounds examined.

You know, the way typical fact-finding is conducted, rather than just going on first impressions.
Still, reports conflict. Enough for a reasonable person to have reasonable doubts. I am not omnipitent. When tbere are discrepancies in reporting on a subject I have no first hand knowledge of, I withhold making statements about saix subject as being indisputable.
The ME may have his own agenda. Certainly would not be the first time reports were filed to suit someones boss. In his case, the governor. So ...pardon me if I have doubts as to complete truth and accuracy. You can disagree. It's a free country...I think

Old 01-05-2013, 11:38 AM

19,654 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Most likely he used both rifle and pistol(s). We don't have all the info on all the victims. The anti-gun people have decided to demonize the AR-15 because it is the easiest target. Going after pistols would be much more difficult and plenty of them have pistol permits themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies