Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2013, 08:20 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,393,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
That video shows the removal if the shotgun that was left in his mothers car.

How about believing the CT state police?

"The primary weapon used in the attack was a "Bushmaster AR-15 assault-type weapon," said Connecticut State Police Lt. Paul Vance."

Newtown shooter's guns: What we know - CNN.com

Or how about using common sense... public records prove his mom owned an AR15... you think he took all her other guns to the school but left behind the preferred weapon of mass shooters?

There were at least two long guns in the trunk and CNN also reported that the AR was not used in the shooting.

Bushmaster .223 Rifle Found In Trunk Of Car, CNN Reports From Law Enforcement Source: Sandy Hook - YouTube

Sandy - now NO assault weapon used - WTH-fullscreen-capture-12292012-64932-am.jpg

One of the weapons here appears to have a pistol grip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2013, 09:06 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
So far we have people from all political spectrums acknowledging that it was not an AR-!5 in the trunk.

What will it take to convince the conspiracy nuts?? The Great Almighty Rush Limbaugh himself??

That is a cropped video.

There were multiple weapons in the trunk and one of them was a long gun with what appears to be a pistol grip.

Bushmaster .223 Rifle Found In Trunk Of Car, CNN Reports From Law Enforcement Source: Sandy Hook - YouTube

What the video shows is THE LAST weapon being removed.

Old 01-06-2013, 07:43 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,392,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I missed seeing that video and there are too many to check just to see it.. Could you link me to it please?

The point is i want to see the officer haul back the charging handle 10 times

What kind of idiot would do that?

You simply drop the mag and pull the charging handle to clear the round in the pipe and once more to make sure..

A trained idiot might pull a charging handle 10 times...

I don't think he dropped the magazine first, Mac. Hard to tell from the video, but it appears the magazine was still in the mag well.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:34 AM

57,320 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Whether he used a Bushmaster AR-15 or not what does it matter, it's been used in other killings. Even if it was used at Sandy Hook some will argue that it shouldn't be banned, what's the point.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:14 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,119,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
How did this young man kill 26 people in two minutes flat leaving only one person wounded? Does anyone else find his accuracy to be pretty unbelievable.

His mother took hom to the shooting range pretty often. he knew how to use guns.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:31 AM

17,807 posts, read 13,708,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
The red coat is ok but not fast.... Not to mention he sneezed a few times.

He shouldn't need the ram rod either, and if he does there is no need to waste time placing it back in the ram rod ferrules.

I know I am better with a Bess than he is, and I can load and fire a Bess better than 16 times in under 2 minutes.

I have won a lot of milk paint proving I am that good too, not to mention won a bunch of turkey shoots.

So yeah........ And a Bess has a real heavy ball, and if you really want to raise hell you load buck n ball for the first charge which is a .735 round ball with (9) .36 round balls, and one more .735.

Did you think you were telling a novice?

And then My Bess has a sticker on it around 18 inches long.....

The point is if i were insane I could scare the pants off a lot of sheep with a Brown Bess.

The gun is not the problem......

Insanity IS.

If you happen to know which video is the one several guys are talking about where the charging handle is pulled up to 10 times Would you please link me to it?

I just want to ID the gun and decide for myself if the cop is a trained expert. I get the idea he isn't.

I can't fathom why anyone would pull a charging handle that many times for any reason..

And oh I have in fact built a lot of muskets from parts kits and a few from plain old shop junk. Milling and drilling metal is easy..... I can make a 'swamped barrel' anytime i want...

If you are not familiar with that term just look here
swamped barrel - Google Search
I won't argue that insanity is the problem, but this idea that the type of gun doesn't matter just simply isn't true. It's only slightly less ridiculous than the guns=knives=rocks argument that the gun supporters throw out there.

If the lethal capacity of a gun "didn't matter" then why aren't we still outfitting our military with brown bess muskets.

A musket weilding crazy is going to get one or two people before he is a) disarmed or b) everybody runs away.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:51 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,638,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I won't argue that insanity is the problem, but this idea that the type of gun doesn't matter just simply isn't true. It's only slightly less ridiculous than the guns=knives=rocks argument that the gun supporters throw out there.

If the lethal capacity of a gun "didn't matter" then why aren't we still outfitting our military with brown bess muskets.

A musket weilding crazy is going to get one or two people before he is a) disarmed or b) everybody runs away.
If the POTENTIAL of the weapon is the issue on which you base your argument, that bears discussion. Using that criteria, legislators would be up far past their bedtime for things to put on the list to ban or restrict. Since 5 gallons of gasoline has the potential to be 20 times more deadly tban an AR 15, we should at least have to resister, fingerprint, and I justify our need whenever we gas up, yes? Household cleaners can be mixed to make things like phosgene gas, therefore, since tbe deadly potential, again, is far greater than any firearm, whenever we clean our toilets tbese cbemicals should only be dispensed according to need, and the need must be verified, tbe user registered, and the chemical use monitored by Federal agencies. There ya go! Now lets make a safer society!
And, furthermore, if you live within 200 yards of a school, your car must be a subcompact, and you are allowed only 2 gallons of gas in it at any time. Only enough household cleaners to clen once a week can be in your home. You are also required to use only plastic silverware and it must be broken up after use. Oh.....could I go on and on....

Last edited by NVplumber; 01-06-2013 at 10:00 AM.. Reason: added

Old 01-06-2013, 10:11 AM

19,654 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Whether he used a Bushmaster AR-15 or not what does it matter, it's been used in other killings. Even if it was used at Sandy Hook some will argue that it shouldn't be banned, what's the point.
This shooting is "different". That's what everyone is saying.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:38 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,392,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post

Again, anyone who has been to a tactical shotgun course or has seen a tactical shotgun competition, could quite successfully argue that Lanza could have done just as much(and quite possibly MORE) damage with the 12 gauge.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:51 AM

15,098 posts, read 8,641,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
I AM here, dude, and no one here outside of the tinfoil hat crowd thinks the ME or police department is lying. You folks outside of here with your gun fondling agenda, of course, are welcome to make up whatever lies you want about the massacre to further your agenda of arming every man, woman and child in America in order to sell more guns and normalize your sick obsession. We really have no use for you, Rush, or any other delusional gun worshipper.

What a waste of bandwidth that post was.
As usual, you address no specific points ... just the typical juvenile remarks of no substance.

My only "obsession" is with the truth .... and it's sad that so many are allergic to it.

And you're wrong .... this entire debacle of a staged event is unraveling at the seams for everyone accept the drooling knuckle draggers that will believe any lame story fed them ... including stories that change every 5 minutes, and contradict each other.

The level of ignorance displayed is indescribable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies