Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 05:56 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
You need to check your facts

School Victims All Shot With Semiautomatic Rifle - Police release names, ages of the victims

Medical Examiner: Newtown Shooting Victims Suffered 'Devastating Set of Injuries' - Newtown, CT Patch

Apparently, the medical examiner doesn't agree with your arm chair analysis

So you have the same assault rifle used by the DC sniper, killing the majority of the people in Newtown. I can see a reason people need access to this weapon.
OK. I guess the ME would know the truth. I guess the cops or the media got it wrong intially.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 05:57 AM

2,538 posts, read 4,713,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
What difference does this make? Something needs to be done to stop these type of tragedies happening over and over again.
It makes a big difference if you are using this incident to push for bans on high capacity clips and semi-automatic rifles. If the shooter only used hand guns then this whole media circus is an out and out lie. While I agree it doesn't change the tragedy of the event it does impact the political outcome.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:00 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,464,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Jones View Post
It makes a big difference if you are using this incident to push for bans on high capacity clips and semi-automatic rifles. If the shooter only used hand guns then this whole media circus is an out and out lie. While I agree it doesn't change the tragedy of the event it does impact the political outcome.
Of course the media circus is an out and out lie, that goes without saying. They continually make references to assault weapons that were never used.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:02 AM

2,538 posts, read 4,713,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Where is everyone getting the information that 'assault rifles' were not used in the Newtown massacre? The only place I've seen that is here on CD.
Nothing on the big networks, but no surprise there. Do a google news search, you'll get hundreds of hits. The problem is there is no consistent reports. So same shoot had an AR-15, but it was in the trunk of his car. Others say there was no semi-automatic rifle at all. I'm still not sure how this can even be an issue. The shoot was dead. Either he had a rifle or he didn't. While it is one thing to mistake a different types of the same class of weapon, I don't see how you mistake a hand gun for a three foot long rifle.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:07 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Of course the media circus is an out and out lie, that goes without saying. They continually make references to assault weapons that were never used.
If the Medical Examiner says the bullet wounds were made with .223 bullets, then it must have been the AR.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:10 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,914,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
You need to check your facts

School Victims All Shot With Semiautomatic Rifle - Police release names, ages of the victims

Medical Examiner: Newtown Shooting Victims Suffered 'Devastating Set of Injuries' - Newtown, CT Patch

Apparently, the medical examiner doesn't agree with your arm chair analysis

So you have the same assault rifle used by the DC sniper, killing the majority of the people in Newtown. I can see a reason people need access to this weapon.
He had a Bushmaster AR15 and they do, in fact, make a 9mm carbine... he had 2 9mm handguns.

None of those reports go into detail why the medical examiner thought it was the AR15 that did the shooting. Except for the implied "capacity".... He could have easily dumped a clip in each handgun and reloaded.

I have a 9mm platform AR15 and I have a 9mm Sig and a Taurus. Makes for more standard ammo. So it would make sense.

And there were numerous reports that the AR15 was in the trunk.

Sooooo.....conflicting, at best, at this point.

Last edited by Hot_Handz; 01-07-2013 at 06:44 AM..

Old 01-07-2013, 06:56 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,716,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
He had a Bushmaster AR15 and they do, in fact, make a 9mm carbine... he had 2 9mm handguns.

None of those reports go into detail why the medical examiner thought it was the AR15 that did the shooting. Except for the implied "capacity".... He could have easily dumped a clip in each handgun and reloaded.

I have a 9mm platform AR15 and I have a 9mm Sig and a Taurus. Makes for more standard ammo. So it would make sense.

And there were numerous reports that the AR15 was in the trunk.

Sooooo.....conflicting, at best, at this point.
The entire story is full of conflicting information, and none of it looks likely to be cleared up anytime soon.

~ What happened to the man arrested at the scene and was he or was he not involved in the shooting?
~ Why were the initial reports (including statements from police) saying that Lanza had 4 handguns, which was suddenly changed to 2 handguns and a shotgun, then to 2 handguns and an AR-15?
~ In at least one video that I've linked elsewhere on the forums, it is pretty clear that they are removing at least 2 firearms from the trunk of the vehicle. What was the second firearm, and why hasn't it been mentioned?
~ Where is the security video from the front door camera of the school showing Adam Lanza's entry? The school had just upgraded their security system, so I'll bet dollars to donuts that there was a camera at the front door. Why hasn't that video been released?
~ What medications was Adam Lanza on? Considering that the common trend in mass shootings aside from firearms has been psychological medications, I feel this one is extremely important.
~ Where are the details? 3 weeks after Columbine, we knew more about the perpetrators than their teachers and classmates ever had. Why is it that in this case we know next to nothing about Adam Lanza or his motives?

Old 01-07-2013, 07:30 AM

57,317 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
My facts are correct, it is yours that are wrong. No assault weapon of any kind was use in the Newtown slaughter or by the DC sniper.
According to the true definition of Assault Weapon (vs Assault Rifle) you are correct.

It remains to be seen if he actually used the AR-15 he took from his mother, the DC sniper used an AR-15 Bushmaster (Assault Rifle 15), a Bushmaster AR-15 was used in the killing of the 2 firemen in Webster. It is a military version rifle.

The only difference is that the AR-15 does not have a grenade launcher, flash supressor or telescoping stock, it does have a pistol grip, if it had one more of the other functions it would be an assault weapon.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:32 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,322,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Would it really matter to you if it were?

Or is your blind ignorance to deeply ingrained to see the truth?
You obviously choose to see and read what you want and not what is there. If you have any inkling of my posts, you wouldn't have said such a silly thing.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:34 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,322,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
What difference does this make? Something needs to be done to stop these type of tragedies happening over and over again.
It makes a HUGE difference. Number one, if the media is wrong in what weapon was used then it says A LOT about their lack of ethics and aptitude to report news. Secondly, many people are using the Sandy Hook shooting as a catalyst to major gun control changes. The truth matters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies