Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2013, 04:28 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,939,754 times

Advertisements

I shoot at a range with cops, feds, you name it... Most of them have trouble qualifying. They are not good at all with firearms... I have seen a city cop have to go 3 times before he FINALLY qualified... Cops are anything but experts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 04:37 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Here's the video, Mac.

Also, since when is a cop an "expert" on firearms? He/she should know the workings of his/her service weapon. Other than that....
That gun IS a semi auto loading 12 ga shot gun..... I can't ID it completely because the light sucks and the camera is to far away. It could be any 12 ga semi auto.

It had 1 shell in it..... I saw one shell fall out of it.

It does not have a pistol grip, and it is not any kind of a AR or AK variant.

A shot gun like this is a bottom loader where you can insert 12 shells up thru forks in the bottom which feed shells forward in a tube magazine, that is not removable.

Yeah I agree cops should know the particular workings of their own guns.... probably most know that much.
How to load it, how to unload it, how to clean it at field stripped. Other than that they probably have no clue.

Thanks for that favor.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:43 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,392,274 times
No problem, Mac.

As you and I both know, that vid is not the "ah-ha!" proof people thought with regards to Lanza not having the AR in the school shooting folks with it.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
No problem, Mac.

As you and I both know, that vid is not the "ah-ha!" proof people thought with regards to Lanza not having the AR in the school shooting folks with it.
I think what we need to ban is gun grabbers with a low capacity brain..

Clearly not thinking leads to insanity......

maybe we should let them have POT.... So long as they sign off on making any LAW..

A Smoke your stuff and s h u t up policy. So far no laws they have created have accomplished what ever it was they wanted.

For the tolerance we give we get back 0 tolerance.. I am about tolerance bankrupt at this point.

Last edited by Mac_Muz; 01-06-2013 at 06:30 PM..

Old 01-06-2013, 06:00 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,447,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Just heard it on Rush. So why has the main focal point on the massacre been the AR-15 Bushmaster .223 caliber? It was never used. When the news reports first came out, they (Cops in interviews, Police dispatch reports) reported that the killer used pistols and that a Bushmaster was in the backseat of his car. But never the less, the narrative the media used was that the Bushmaster was the weapon used. Why the focus on the Bushmaster instead of the pistols?
You're absolutely right, more proof that handguns are the truly problematic, endemic death machines!

Old 01-06-2013, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
You're absolutely right, more proof that handguns are the truly problematic, endemic death machines!
Yeah I was just waiting... and so the grabber truth comes out..... hand guns, AR's, Ak, Sniper, assault and even muskets.... heard it all before.......

This is why we gun owners simply will not deal with you for a thing......

Once more the gun is not the problem insanity IS..

Maybe you need to work from another angle..... Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is insane..

No one cares and no one is listening, besides what you want is illegal.....

Old 01-06-2013, 07:07 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,169,902 times
For what it's worth, the Wiki article has
Quote:
The weapons were legally owned by Lanza's mother, who was a gun enthusiast.[68][69] Police said Lanza used the Bushmaster rifle against most of the victims. According to the state's chief medical examiner, H. Wayne Carver, many of the victims were shot multiple times with the same "long weapon"—the Bushmaster rifle.[70][71][7] Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I guess the medical examiner would know.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:57 AM

2,538 posts, read 4,713,442 times
Default No 'assault weapon' used in the Sandy Hook shooting?

Is this true? I'm not talking about the gun grabber manta of calling semi-automatics assault weapons either. Latest news I saw said that the so called assault weapon was in the trunk of the car and never used in the shooting and that it was a long rifle or a shotgun, not an AR-15. Only hand guns were used in the assault. To me it doesn't really matter as far as the tragedy itself, but if true then this whole gun grabber movement by Obama is even more disgusting then before. It also would be yet another example of poor reporting by our increasingly incompetent media.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:59 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,318,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Jones View Post
Is this true? I'm not talking about the gun grabber manta of calling semi-automatics assault weapons either. Latest news I saw said that the so called assault weapon was in the trunk of the car and never used in the shooting and that it was a long rifle or a shotgun, not an AR-15. Only hand guns were used in the assault. To me it doesn't really matter as far as the tragedy itself, but if true then this whole gun grabber movement by Obama is even more disgusting then before. It also would be yet another example of poor reporting by our increasingly incompetent media.
I'm interested to know if this is true as well.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:05 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I'm interested to know if this is true as well.
Would it really matter to you if it were?

Or is your blind ignorance to deeply ingrained to see the truth?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies