Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2013, 11:41 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Most likely he used both rifle and pistol(s). We don't have all the info on all the victims. The anti-gun people have decided to demonize the AR-15 because it is the easiest target. Going after pistols would be much more difficult and plenty of them have pistol permits themselves.
To them it is a scarey looking weapon, but those in the know, know better
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2013, 11:43 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,392,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Liberals oppose the truth.

It interferes with their attack on the U.S. Consitution.

Harrier, is that a shotgun or a rifle shown being unloaded in the trunk of that car? Watch the video and then tell me who's not interested in the truth....

Old 01-05-2013, 11:43 AM

4,267 posts, read 6,185,659 times
How did this young man kill 26 people in two minutes flat leaving only one person wounded? Does anyone else find his accuracy to be pretty unbelievable.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:48 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,392,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
How did this young man kill 26 people in two minutes flat leaving only one person wounded? Does anyone else find his accuracy to be pretty unbelievable.

Nope, not really. Have you ever done any IDPA or IPSC type shooting?

Honestly, depending on the size of the magazine he had for that Saiga 12-gauge, he likely could have done more damage with that weapon than the rifle.

Old 01-05-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Nope, not really. Have you ever done any IDPA or IPSC type shooting?

Honestly, depending on the size of the magazine he had for that Saiga 12-gauge, he likely could have done more damage with that weapon than the rifle.

Maybe the shooter being able to shoot 27 people in just two minutes time is not that far fetched but I'm finding it strange that everyone (but one) who was shot, died. In every mass shooting that I've ever heard of, there are many people who get shot, yet survive. It's pretty unheard of that the shooter is so accurate that every single person shot is killed.

Old 01-05-2013, 12:51 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,132,064 times
Quote:
Maybe the shooter being able to shoot 27 people in just two minutes time is not that far fetched but I'm finding it strange that everyone (but one) who was shot, died. In every mass shooting that I've ever heard of, there are many people who get shot, yet survive. It's pretty unheard of that the shooter is so accurate that every single person shot is killed.
I'm not surprised the children died.

There were only a few adults and I had heard they weren't running but trying to protect the children.

Old 01-05-2013, 12:54 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
Perhaps the car did the shooting?

Old 01-05-2013, 02:01 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,716,540 times
This thread got my curiosity going last night and I started doing some research. The initial news reports, for whatever reason, were so far off the mark that it was almost like a Saturday Night Live skit. Since then, there have been a number of things dropped from the story, most of which have already been mentioned in this thread (second gunman, dead body in Hoboken, etc.). These things are enough, in my opinion, to fuel speculation about what really happened. I'm not convinced that we, as the general public, are getting the whole story here, and it's looking more and more like there is some kind of falsification or cover-up going on.

What I found most interesting though, is that there is a video taken from a helicopter in which it looks like there are 2 long weapons taken from the trunk of the car. It's fairly jumpy and blurry, but it definitely looks as if there are 2 weapons removed from the trunk:

Connecticut School Massacre Briefing from local police - YouTube

The part that I'm talking about is from about :40 to about 2:40

All in all, I just don't believe that we're getting the full truth here. Too many changes in the story, too many loose ends left untied, and too many different versions are floating around for me to be convinced that what we're hearing is the truth about what happened at Sandy Hook.

Old 01-05-2013, 02:12 PM

1,424 posts, read 5,338,739 times
Quote:
Well, when you have kids huddled in a corner and you're blasting them with hundreds, many hundreds, of rounds, I don't think you need too much in the way of accuracy, ya know? Just point and shoot, and hey, you can even hit some kids as many as 11 times. And all this ballistic damage in a matter of what, 2 minutes...

Easy peasy.

Old 01-05-2013, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
I'm not surprised the children died.

There were only a few adults and I had heard they weren't running but trying to protect the children.
According to reports, The VA tech shooting lasted more then 3 hours. Columbine lasted about a half an hour. Aurora lasted about 10 to 15 minutes, Sandy Hook lasted 2 minutes.

The VA Tech shooting: 32 people died, 17 were wounded
The Columbine shooting: 15 people died, 2 being the shooters themselves, 24 injured.
Sikh Temple shooting 6 people died, as many as 30 injured.
Aurora shooting: 10 people died and 70 people were shot or otherwise wounded.
The Sandy Hook shooting: 26 people died, *2 were wounded wounded.
*updated to 2 after new reports of an unidentified, confidential second person was reported to be injured in recent news.

No one else thinks that is some pretty extraordinary accuracy?

An officer responding to the Sikh temple shooting was shot 15 times and survived, so number of shots does not always equal death. It's surprising that the list of wounded was so small.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/03/nyregion/03shot.html

Quote:
While surviving numerous gunshots could be a miraculous feat, doctors who have treated gunshot victims say that being shot is not automatically a death sentence.

When major organs — the heart and brain especially — and blood vessels are avoided, the chances of survival are good, they said. The catch, of course, is that there is no science to preventing a bullet from hitting a vital part of the body.

“It’s a matter of total, straight luck,” said Dr. Vincent J. M. DiMaio, the former chief medical examiner in Bexar County, Tex., and the author of a book on gunshot wounds first published in 1985. <snip>Shots to roughly 80 percent of targets on the body would not be fatal blows, Dr. Fackler said. Still, he added, it is like roulette.

Last edited by Dorthy; 01-05-2013 at 02:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies