Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2013, 12:11 AM

15,102 posts, read 15,883,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
that proves my point slightly over 50% of all sexually transmitted AIDS cases came through gay relations. now what percentage of the population is gay? it would have to be almost 50% for my statement not to be true.

My feeling is Russia has a lot of gays who don't want to admit it.

Well Eastern Europe clearly shows a higher rate through heterosexual sex. You were the one who wanted someone to give you just one country.. now you have a region.

Your own CDC eludes to the fact that Vaginal sex accounts for the highest rate of HIV transmission worldwide. The point i'm trying to make is that this disease is NOT just a gay disease and the sooner the world accepts that reality the better for us all. Education and prevention are the answer - not blind statistics and religious dogma......demonizing homosexuality or even wishing homosexuality goes away isn't either.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:12 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,557,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Bull, total bull on your part. We have the freedom of oppression from religion. We do not have to believe in a fairy tale. Try and argue your point in a court of law and you would be laughed at. I am laughing at you now and how ridiculous you are. A jew who wants to persecute others, how oxymoronic.
Did I say I want that law, I said I believe it would be constitutional, My understanding of the constitution is based on the authors of it definitions and understanding.

6,414 posts, read 10,493,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
You don't have the right to impose your non-religious beliefs on others.
And you do not have the right to force your religious beliefs on others. Works both ways.

3,448 posts, read 3,133,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Try telling that to the UPS deliverymen, truck drivers, cops, firemen, bowling league guys, dock workers, etc. who get up in the gaudiest dresses and gowns with feathers and sequins in the Mummer's Parade. You might find it embarrassing, but tens of thousands of out of towners pay contribute millions of dollars into this city to witness these festivities.

I guess some of us just enjoy life and have a joie de vivre ... and can enjoy parades, and parties, and entertainment, and colorful festivities. I guess there will always be those embittered nasty joyless Scrooges that hate this thing and that thing. Even in this day and age there are a few Elvira Gulches amongst us!

Ya ok....everybody is a homosexual, what about the man in the moon, him too..?

Old 01-06-2013, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
Ya ok....everybody is a homosexual, what about the man in the moon, him too..?
LOL what happened to just 1% sheesh what is this world coming too

Perhaps the lifeforms to be discovered by the curiosity rover are exclusively ... uhem straight!!

Old 01-06-2013, 12:15 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I understand that. However, DOMA in no way whatsoever dictates to any state what their marriage laws are, or are not, or should be, or should not be. DOMA has nothing whatsoever to do with state marriage laws.

Why can't you explain to me how you believe DOMA does dictate marriage laws to the states? That's the question I keep asking and you won't address.
Section 3 of DOMA prohibits states from recognizing homosexual marriages, which they should be entitled to do, if they wish.

You yourself have claimed that Section 3 is unconstitutional.

I concur.

So, what is the problem?

If, as you claim that DOMA has "nothing to do with state marriage laws" - then why do you oppose it?

Don't you oppose it for the same reason as do I - that it is unconstitutional - though we cite different reasons?

I say that it has everything to do with state marriage laws, and you are splitting hairs, not to mention, shooting yourself in the foot.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:15 AM

Quote:
And you do not have the right to force your religious beliefs on others. Works both ways.
None of us have the right to shove our religious or non-religious ways down other people's throat

This should be the 11th commandment!!

Old 01-06-2013, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I came to that conclusion because that's what your words said. I know you most likely didn't mean it; I was just being a bit snarky and taking your words literally. You rarely write anything clearly. You're one of the worst writers I've ever had the "pleasure" of reading.
Well there a Jewish expression in recent years we've raised a generation that's illiterate in 3 languages.

Seriously part of my problem is that though English is my first language I only know Hebrew Grammar and many times subconsciously use it. The rest is that I edit my post some time for content (and to avoid censorship) and sometimes grammer falls by the wayside.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:17 AM

Quote:
A marriage is public, really? Mine was not public. Heck, straight people force their straightness all the time, on TV, in the movies, in the papers, in parades, in public displays of affection and weddings. So what. How does that affect your life?
yes a marriage license is a public document.

please find me 1 Heterosexual pride parade.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:18 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
Ya ok....everybody is a homosexual, yu got everybody in there but the man in the moon.
I think you misunderstand my point.

I guess you never heard of the Mummer's Parade. It's a Philly tradition tradition that goes back about 120 years. It's a festive parade with marching string bands and dancers and floats. It is mostly straight men - working class straight men. Not gay people. It is not a gay pride parade. It does resemble a gay pride parade in that it has a lot of color and even guys in drag. Everyone likes it.

Anyway, I was only making a point that the Mummer's Parade, and the Mardi Gras Parades, are happy celebrations not unlike the gay pride parades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies