Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2013, 06:04 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Do you care about the rights of those 20 innocent children killed by guns owned by some end of the world nutjob with a crazy kid with access to them?
Do YOU care about the children who die in Chicago, just for walking to school....shot by a pistol?

The lefts fake outrage is amazing....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2013, 06:04 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Doesn't matter. Lott made statements in his book that "98 percent of the time that people use guns defensively, they merely have to brandish a weapon to break off an attack." --- and he had no data to back that up from Gallup or anywhere else.

guess it would have been better if those 98% would have shot and killed those crooks. at least the criminal population would have been alot less.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Again, why are you feeling good for losing your rights?

I have no problem with you surrendering your own rights volunteerly but I have BIG problem when you force me and many others to surrender our rights.

I am still trying to figure out how the liberal left will force 50 million gun owners to turn in their 300 million+ firearms.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:06 PM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Do YOU care about the children who die in Chicago, just for walking to school....shot by a pistol?

The lefts fake outrage is amazing....
Yes I do. The common theme here is GUNS. Are you catching on yet?

We have to get rid of these guns. We have to severely restrict just who can own a gun and especially who can carry one.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:09 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,097,732 times
Quote:

We have to get rid of these guns. We have to severely restrict just who can own a gun and especially who can carry one.
LWNJ's like you certainly shouldn't... If you don't like the USA you can move to Mexico, they have everything you call for implemented already...

Id give you a ride and help ya move

Old 01-08-2013, 06:18 PM

Quote:

tell you what, if you want firearms out of the hands of the citizens of the USA, then do these things 1st. disarm the entire federal and state governments of the USA to include the military. disarm all police, sheriffs and leo types, disarm all criminals, remove the UN and their flunkies from the soil of the USA. let us know when that is all done, then we might turn in our firearms. until that happens, you are just spitting into the ocean.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:23 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,862,292 times
Quote:

Explain to me how restriction on carrying does any good.

Please.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:27 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,908,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
According to the Washington Post, the working group on gun control led by Joe Biden is considering some of the following recommendations for gun control.

- universal background checks for firearm buyers

- track the movement and sale of weapons through a national database

- strengthen mental health checks

- stiffer penalties for carrying guns near schools or giving them to minors

The official recommendations will come out later this month, but supposedly these are some of the things being considered.

What do you think?

White House weighs broad gun-control agenda in wake of Newtown shootings - The Washington Post
Very, very weak. Not even an assault weapon ban or a limit on magazine size. Hell, something like 90% of the guns used in crimes are bought in the second hand market so requiring all gun sales to go through licensed gun dealers only would shut down the sales of guns over the internet or at swap meets. Also as of right now no background checks are needed for the sale of second hand guns. I'd like to see the unlicensed defacto gun dealers shut down; that's where someone buys a gun legally but then immediately resells it second hand often at a good mark up because they know the person they're selling it to can't pass the background check. Make all sales go through licensed dealers, period.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:40 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:

So, tell me, who does more killings per year....a criminal or a law abiding person?

Old 01-08-2013, 06:50 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:

Obviously another emotionally driven lack of common sense statement. Why do focus on the guns?
Why not focus on eliminating criminals?
How do you propose the common law abiding citizen protect themselves and their families?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies