Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2013, 09:41 AM

1,596 posts, read 1,159,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
LOL, hardly snap. You've skated closer and closer to it throughout this thread. Claiming that thousands of people have been fooled simultaneously was the clincher.
Are those thousands of people self-assured, or, group-assured?

You know what they always say about the IQ of members of a group.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2013, 10:10 AM

13,429 posts, read 9,962,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
You asked me directly if I agreed with Tracey's comments regarding Obama and I said, multiple times that I do not. This conversation happened in between the time I said that I "pretty much agree with him" and the multiple times I explained that I don't agree with Tracey's specific comments regarding Obama. I explained myself multiple times. I think that I was quite clear.

I'm not playing word games. I tend to choose my words carefully when communicating in writing. A change in a word here and there can change the meaning entirely. I try to say what I mean and be clear.

How is a dictionary entry, obnoxious? You said that you did not know what "pretty much" meant unless I told you. I showed you the universal definition of what "pretty much" means. That definition is exactly what I meant when I said, "pretty much".

Just because I don't believe the official story does not mean that I have the whole thing figured out. How could I form a hypothesis based on the limited, inconsistent information that has been put out there? I have a lot of questions but I do not have a theory. If it bothers you to hear questions then please feel free to refrain from reading here.
I am not an idiot. I did not know what YOU meant by pretty much, meaning please spell out what part of the blog YOU agreed with and what part YOU didn't. I am well aware of what the dictionary definition of pretty much is, and you know me well enough to know that.

This coy act wrapped in condescention is getting really really old.

The title of the thread is "Proffessor Claims Sandy Hook Did Not Happen", and I respectfully suggest that when you post that you agree with said Proffessor, that you are going to be associated with said sentiment.

And that was what you posted, pretty much.

It bothers me not to hear questions - what bothers me is the undertone that goes with the questioning - which is that 26 grieving families are either lying, making up or otherwise being disingenuous or misleading about the horrific deaths of their loved ones, some of whom were only 6.

As a parent, this bothers me - not pretty much, but completely. And you bother me by association.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:53 AM

4,267 posts, read 6,186,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I am not an idiot. I did not know what YOU meant by pretty much, meaning please spell out what part of the blog YOU agreed with and what part YOU didn't. I am well aware of what the dictionary definition of pretty much is, and you know me well enough to know that.
Considering I told you over and over and over again that I disagreed with Tracey's comments about Obama and you continued to press, repeatedly by saying things like, "You either agree with him or you don't", what do you expect me to say? At that point I really did think that you were asking what "pretty much meant".

Quote:
This coy act wrapped in condescention is getting really really old.
Save the innocent act for someone who has not read your posts.

Quote:
The title of the thread is "Proffessor Claims Sandy Hook Did Not Happen", and I respectfully suggest that when you post that you agree with said Proffessor, that you are going to be associated with said sentiment.
I joined a different thread about Sandy Hook that was merged with the OP's. I said that I pretty much agreed with Tracey after actually taking the time to read his blog. The person who started this thread is the one who said that the Professor claims that Sandy Hook didn't happen. I did not see that on his blog. What I saw was a bunch of questions and since I have a lot of the same questions, I do agree with a lot of what he says.

Quote:
It bothers me not to hear questions - what bothers me is the undertone that goes with the questioning - which is that 26 grieving families are either lying, making up or otherwise being disingenuous or misleading about the horrific deaths of their loved ones, some of whom were only 6.

As a parent, this bothers me - not pretty much, but completely. And you bother me by association.
I'm a parent of a 6 year old. I also feel for the families who lost loved ones in this shooting. I am very much bothered by the fact that the media is reporting so many inconsistencies, contradictions, and even a few lies. I don't agree with you that asking questions insinuates that the families, who lost loved ones are lying. Again, if you don't like to hear the questions, then don't read them. Implying that asking questions makes a person, heartless, to the plight of the victims, is disingenuous.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:56 AM

1,596 posts, read 1,159,672 times
"Sandy Hook Did Not Happen" as we know it.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:06 AM

13,429 posts, read 9,962,678 times
Quote:
Considering I told you over and over and over again that I disagreed with Tracey's comments about Obama and you continued to press, repeatedly by saying things like, "You either agree with him or you don't", what do you expect me to say? At that point I really did think that you were asking what "pretty much meant".

Save the innocent act for someone who has not read your posts.

I joined a different thread about Sandy Hook that was merged with the OP's. I said that I pretty much agreed with Tracey after actually taking the time to read his blog. The person who started this thread is the one who said that the Professor claims that Sandy Hook didn't happen. I did not see that on his blog. What I saw was a bunch of questions and since I have a lot of the same questions, I do agree with a lot of what he says.

I'm a parent of a 6 year old. I also feel for the families who lost loved ones in this shooting. I am very much bothered by the fact that the media is reporting so many inconsistencies, contradictions, and even a few lies. I don't agree with you that asking questions insinuates that the families, who lost loved ones are lying. Again, if you don't like to hear the questions, then don't read them. Implying that asking questions makes a person, heartless, to the plight of the victims, is disingenuous.

Oh come on now. Of course it insinuates they're lying. You are not just asking questions, you're doubting the veracity of the whole incident.

There's no way they could be complicit in some kind of cover up unless they're lying, either outright or by omission.

And there's no way to have a cover up without the victims and their families being complicit.

See how that works? What you're saying is, if not in so many words - is that you don't believe the story, therefore all the people in it are liars, because they have to be.

The last thing I would want of I was one of the parents of these children is for someone to cast doubt over what happened to them without being able to give one decent theory as to what happened or why, that didn't invoke the implication that I USED MY CHILD'S DEATH for some kind of political gain.

Because that is what the Professor says in his blog and is what you have been backpedalling from ever since you made the very simple statement that you "agree with him, pretty much."

(Don't bother trying to explain away that statement, again, because quite frankly I don't believe you).

Old 02-25-2013, 11:10 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,811,485 times
Default Sandy Hook tragedy happened.

The Sandy Hook tragedy happened. Condolences to the survivors and contempt for the panicked response from the people that mistakenly believe gun supression would have prevented it.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Oh come on now. Of course it insinuates they're lying. You are not just asking questions, you're doubting the veracity of the whole incident.

There's no way they could be complicit in some kind of cover up unless they're lying, either outright or by omission.

And there's no way to have a cover up without the victims and their families being complicit.

See how that works? What you're saying is, if not in so many words - is that you don't believe the story, therefore all the people in it are liars, because they have to be.

The last thing I would want of I was one of the parents of these children is for someone to cast doubt over what happened to them without being able to give one decent theory as to what happened or why, that didn't invoke the implication that I USED MY CHILD'S DEATH for some kind of political gain.

Because that is what the Professor says in his blog and is what you have been backpedalling from ever since you made the very simple statement that you "agree with him, pretty much."

(Don't bother trying to explain away that statement, again, because quite frankly I don't believe you).
I don't agree with you. Have a nice day.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:31 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,572,878 times
Quote:
I don't agree with you. Have a nice day.
Here's the thing, this is a very emotional topic. Small children being murdered is one of the most emotive topics, hence the extreme reactions from posters.

I have read through this entire thread, and am still not sure I understand your viewpoint. You say you have made your position clear, well to me you haven't, I can't speak for others.

Who was behind Adam Lanza?
What are the top 5 issues that raise doubts?

Old 02-25-2013, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Here's the thing, this is a very emotional topic. Small children being murdered is one of the most emotive topics, hence the extreme reactions from posters.

I have read through this entire thread, and am still not sure I understand your viewpoint. You say you have made your position clear, well to me you haven't, I can't speak for others.

Who was behind Adam Lanza?
What are the top 5 issues that raise doubts?
I made my point clear that I did not agree with the Professor regarding his comments about Obama despite agreeing with him on a lot of other points. I am done with the thread. This time I mean it. Enjoy your day.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:41 AM

88,620 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Hmmmm, ergo, or is it ergohead?
Ding ding ding. Good work, Zimbochick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies