Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2013, 06:25 PM

1,596 posts, read 1,159,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
I was debating on whether to even to bring up the matter long before I actually did ... because I like and enjoy this poster's witty humorous wisdom, and so you'll notice that I cautiously couched the subject in a type of double entendre, so as not to bring to much attention.

But, if it means so much to you that you scooped me ... I'll allow you your glory!
I knew who this guy was before any of you, I just don't like to brag.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2013, 06:36 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
snopes.com: Sandy Hook Hoax Video

Old 02-25-2013, 06:37 PM

13,429 posts, read 9,962,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Dude, your in the "conspiracy first evidence later" crowd. 3rd party view isn't within your capability. Pointing out the same lame "inconsistencies" that happens in reality as evidence of some grand plan to perhaps deprive the world of the assault rifle? Or perhaps Mass effect? (I don't know what the grand plan is anymore. . .none ever make any sense).

Cherry picking inconsistencies or views of a world that doesn't happen or come to fruition in the EXACT same way that your mind thinks it SHOULD come together is not an indication of a secret organization hell bent on killing 6 year olds. It is only a view into your perception of reality and how you think reality should work, and how the WORLD fails you. So sorry for you.

The idea that you can say we have no proof of 26 grieving families (as a worker from a global corporation headquarter in CT, I have been on calls with co-workers with friends/families children killed) is insane. You don't know what we know? You don't know whom we work with or what we take at face value. The only evidence posted is evidence easily taken apart by anyone who wants. . but the theorists aren't interested in reality. Reality gets in the way.

The idea that the global media is somehow part of this elaborate and complex beast is so ludicrous that it is beyond plausibility, yet you fault us for "trusting" it. I mean sure, they (the news media) are idiots. . fast to action. They suck at their jobs. . .but they are too incompetent to be part of your diabolical plan. I think the hallmark of at least some competence is not wasting time on your crazy theories.

"you're not ready for the truth until you summon the common sense and courage to first accept the fact that you're being lied to".

Spoken as the pastor to the faithfuls, and the evils of Evolution. Your ability to perceive reality in your mind, then rail against it when the media/news/world shows you evidence your wrong is not a problem with the world and how it works. I know. . its hard to hear. The religious have faced it time and time again, as they reinvent their faith to cope with the new research/results/world.

The world does not bow to your faith. It doesn't behave the way you think it should. It behaves as it behaves. Your ability not to comprehend it, and thus create a mythical spaghetti monster who controls the world and its events (or a black force within our government) is your own. You challenging us to disprove of the invisible monster whom doesn't exist is only what I expect from the faithful. You can't prove my invisible friend exists, can you?

If you doubt a news report, show us a source that says that reporter was bought. Show us evidence. . not of imagined slights (or a smile caught in a difficult time). . .Show me the wiki-leaks posting and memos that were used to create this event? It shouldn't be hard. .out of 100 or an 1000 there has to be a few who can pocket some documents . . .of such a horrendus event.

The irony is that as technology increases the ability for us to see (and react) to even the slightest actual conspiracy. . .That these things becoming more and more impossible everyday (just as science as shown the light of religion) it hasn't stopped those from their faiths. It just makes them crazier. . and the theories and explanations more elaborate.

The Counter Narrative is a new aged religion, and almost 1/2 as credible.
Yes, this. I find it incredibly difficult to believe that there is no one coming forward who was close to the event (and there has to be 1000's of people - when you count the first responders through to the families of kids that attend the school, to townspeople and interns in the media offices) to corroborate in ANY WAY that a fraud of massive and disgusting proportions has been foisted on the American public.

For this conspiracy to work, you would have to find 20 sets of parents who had children in the same classroom be willing to have their own children killed or have the murder of their children be used in order to perpetuate a scam for some higher purpose.

Inconsistencies aside (because inconsistencies in themselves do not explain why people would be willing to do this), it is not plausible to me for ONE second that you could get 20 random families who's only commonality is to have their children share a classroom be in on it.

I do not believe that 20 families of small children would be willing to sacrifice either their children or the memory of their children in order to facilitate a discussion or change of policy on gun control.

When the parents themselves come out and refute the official story in any way, then you might persuade me that there's something worth looking into. As it stands, I only see a bunch of parents who have arranged their little kid's funerals (because those kids existed, don't try and tell me they did not) and now have to suffer the worst kind of additional insult to injury that are these conspiracy theories.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:02 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
No one in their right mind would sacrifice their kid, or even the memory of their kid, for gun control. I'm all for gun control myself (though I haven't decided on the details), but my kids are my priority above politics and everything else.

And you're right Chris, getting 20 families to agree would be about impossible. Ever been to a PTA meeting?

ETA: I've said this before, but real life is not like a murder mystery. There will be inconsistencies and loose ends.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
No one in their right mind would sacrifice their kid, or even the memory of their kid, for gun control. I'm all for gun control myself (though I haven't decided on the details), but my kids are my priority above politics and everything else.

And you're right Chris, getting 20 families to agree would be about impossible. Ever been to a PTA meeting?
Some do-gooders have no moral limits.

On the other end of the spectrum, some opportunists, also, have no moral limits.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:11 PM

13,429 posts, read 9,962,678 times
Quote:

ETA: I've said this before, but real life is not like a murder mystery. There will be inconsistencies and loose ends.
Exactly. And by all means, take the media to task if you think they're doing a crappy job. But all this talk of actors and parents pretending to be grieving and taking their reticence for being in the spotlight as complicity in a cover up is beyond the pale.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:31 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statutory Ape View Post
Some do-gooders have no moral limits.

On the other end of the spectrum, some opportunists, also, have no moral limits.
Perhaps. But you'd never get 20 families (probably at least 35 parents) to agree on some fool conspiracy.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Perhaps. But you'd never get 20 families (probably at least 35 parents) to agree on some fool conspiracy.
Where's Nancy Grace on this issue!

Nevermind!

Old 02-25-2013, 07:47 PM

Quote:
I'd like to see more background checks on the families involved.

And, more foreground checks.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:14 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,275,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
Questioning inconsistencies is not, "making light of what happened".
No, what you are doing is not questioning inconsitencies. You're taking heat of the moment comments and quotes, and applying irrational thought to them.

Quote:
27 people were killed, not 30.

I'm living in reality.
27 . 30. What matters is you are denying that these people died, by proposing stupid theories.

No, you are not living in reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies