Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2013, 01:36 PM

4,267 posts, read 6,184,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I KNOW twenty little kids were slaughtered in their classroom and are dead. Forever.

I KNOW six innocent adults were murdered because a woman decided she needed to have an arsenal of weapons.

I KNOW her son was able to use those weapons to blow to smithereens a bunch of kids who didn't get to see Christmas.

That's what I know.

I also know the conspiracy groupies are frothing at the mouth just waiting for the autopsy photos to be released so they can discuss entrance wounds and exit wounds and, no doubt, claim the media is lying.

Just another day in America. Waiting for the next group of innocent kids to be mowed down because there is someone else out there who decided a home arsenal was their right under the Constitution. I KNOW those kids had a right to see Christmas. I KNOW their rights didn't count.

RIP kids. I'm sorry as hell our country is like it is.
Give me a break. No one is happy that this shooting occurred. No one is happy that children were killed. No one is "frothing at the mouth waiting for autopsy photos". No one wants a school shooting to happen, ever again. Asking questions does not make a person a cold, uncaring, "conspiracy groupie". I can only speak for myself in saying that I want to know what really happened because I think that information is an important element in preventing something like this from happening again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2013, 01:43 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
What I can't understand is why Joe Public thinks they should be privvy to the investigation in the early stages? Why should we be shown photographs of all the corpses, of every square inch of a crime scene? Do we really need to know, or is it merely morbid curiosity?
What investigation? It's done, Adam Lanza killed them. What is there to investigate????

Old 02-21-2013, 01:45 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
Yes, I did see your reply. Thank you. It is true that it's all speculation. And, yes, I'm with you 100% on the shabby quality of the media. Imo, this is what is fueling the conspiracy theories. The mainstream media would be a far more constructive place for those who are angry at people for asking questions, to direct their anger. If we can't trust the media then that is a serious problem. I'm not sure why people find the low quality of journalism as being acceptable. Being able to trust the media is central to democracy.
Since you appear to have free time I'd suggest taking some journalism courses to educate yourself on how the media works.

Walter Cronkite School of Journalism. Arizona State University. Give them a call and enroll today. (Education. Don't join a conspiracy theory without it.)

Old 02-21-2013, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Give me a break. No one is happy that this shooting occurred. No one is happy that children were killed. No one is "frothing at the mouth waiting for autopsy photos". No one wants a school shooting to happen, ever again. Asking questions does not make a person a cold, uncaring, "conspiracy groupie". I can only speak for myself in saying that I want to know what really happened because I think that information is an important element in preventing something like this from happening again.
Just give up trying to talk sense into these zombies. They really do think that the media and the government are completely honest agencies and would NEVER, EVER lie to us. It's useless when these sheep are stuck inside their own grey matter. Critical thinking people absolutely know that we weren't told the real story here. Why wasn't the CCTV footage released showing Lanza standing at the door with an AR? Why didn't they let the media photograph the shell casings in the hallway? Why was the hallway supposedly littered with .223 casings when reports said almost ALL of the shooting happened in 2 or 3 class rooms? I know why and you know why. It DID NOT happen the way they are telling us. Lanza did NOT show up at the door with an AR and shoot the window out. He was buzzed in concealing 2 pistols. That is the only way he would have been able to "surprise" anyone.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Since you appear to have free time I'd suggest taking some journalism courses to educate yourself on how the media works.

Walter Cronkite School of Journalism. Arizona State University. Give them a call and enroll today. (Education. Don't join a conspiracy theory without it.)
Maybe it's you who needs to brush up on your education about how the media works. A lot has changed since Walter Cronkite's days as a journalist.

ETA: Well I'll be darned. One second on google and I managed to find a specific class out there on this very topic. Can you travel to Missouri?
http://munews.missouri.edu/expert-co...d-cronkite.php

Last edited by Dorthy; 02-21-2013 at 02:14 PM..

Old 02-21-2013, 02:05 PM

563 posts, read 807,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Just give up trying to talk sense into these zombies. They really do think that the media and the government are completely honest agencies and would NEVER, EVER lie to us. It's useless when these sheep are stuck inside their own grey matter. Critical thinking people absolutely know that we weren't told the real story here. Why wasn't the CCTV footage released showing Lanza standing at the door with an AR? Why didn't they let the media photograph the shell casings in the hallway? Why was the hallway supposedly littered with .223 casings when reports said almost ALL of the shooting happened in 2 or 3 class rooms? I know why and you know why. It DID NOT happen the way they are telling us. Lanza did NOT show up at the door with an AR and shoot the window out. He was buzzed in concealing 2 pistols. That is the only way he would have been able to "surprise" anyone.
And Alex Jones & the NRA are COMPLETELY honest?

Old 02-21-2013, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Maybe it's you who needs to brush up on your education about how the media works. A lot has changed since Walter Cronkite's days as a journalist.
That particular Cronkite fan is convinced that today's media doesn't collude with the WH.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by never-more View Post
Who mentioned them? Nobody that I know of.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:15 PM

Quote:

Walter Cronkite and I are actually in agreement so when you make fun of me, you are also making fun of him.
My friend Walter Cronkite and the change in broadcast news | GlobalPost

Quote:
The last time I spoke with Walter, in 2005, he was pessimistic about the future of the news business. He thought the network evening news shows were shallow and not worth watching. He deplored the networks’ cutbacks in coverage of important events abroad and critical issues at home. He believed the failure of the media to give the public the information it needs was damaging our democracy.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by never-more View Post
I don't listen to or read what Alex Jones or the NRA have to say so I really couldn't tell you if they are completely honest. I would bet though, that just like most other forms of media, they are not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies