Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 03:45 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,231,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackie94 View Post
some of those worlds reached there climax in the past and progressed no further since that point. whats that say?
Well said. And what happened to Greece? Italy? France and England? Once the world super powers and now at best a second fiddle.
Could it be they fell in love with their own legend?
The USA is falling into the same trap. We are riding the wave from our glory days. We are still amoung the most creative and innovative but we are rapidly loosing our drive. We spoil our children and lower our expectations of them. We depend on schools and strangers to teach moral values..... Its not that americans are born less intellegent than before. Its that we don't force ourselves to deveolpe it. We have become complacent. Liberals with outcome based education ideas and conservs with their inability to consider change.
Libs with their ideas that everyone deserves a trophy and conservs with their reluctance to give merit to those who at least tried. In the middle are the children we are raising. Video games have replaced family time. The television has become our baby sitters.
We like to say Blacks are greater athletes but not as smart. I propose something else. Blacks have honed their athletic skills due to the fact they have been programed by the system to believe sports are their only advantage. In short they work harder at sports than other races as a result.
Asians excell at acedemics why? In their family culture it is demanded. Average is not acceptable. Are asians smarter? I dont think so. I think that they focus on putting a great deal of effort into study.
Whites still produce athletes of quality and good students. But our culture is less ridgid than the asians in the regard school work and less drive towards being a great athlete than blacks.
The fix? Parents need to start being parents again. Yes try to be your childs friend but never forget we understand what they need to succeed much more than they do. In this the asians have it exactly right.

Old 10-19-2007, 04:10 PM

1,011 posts, read 3,095,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchorless View Post
Holy F--king hell. Some of you have no idea as to the latest studies of intelligence, race or the combination of the two.

There may be something to the correlation between genes, "intelligence," and the differences between groups of people (call it clines, or population genetics, whatever). But it's really a moot point because:

a) race as it is commonly thought of (skin color, hair type, skeletal shape) is but a social construct, not a biological or taxonomic reality.

b) blending of population groups, clines, or whatever will render such intellectual differences, if they exist, moot at this point, and certainly moreso in the future. However...

c) intellect is not and can never be purely an attribute of genes.

d) most importantly, even if there were genetic differences between peoples grouped by their skin color (and other somewhat unimportant features), does it in any way carry any sort of significance as to their rights and status as humans? Stupid people aren't (and shouldn't be) treated any different than anyone else (though sadly they often are, for various reasons).
*Ahem*

(From page 2)

Old 10-19-2007, 04:21 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,797,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
No one has ever come up with a description of the "differences" among the "races" which is scientifically sound, anyway.

For example, I am a caucasian, but I can sing, dance, and hit the jumper from the key with a hand in my face. I venerate the great spirit. My chort can bounce like five feet man whenever I want. I'm hung like Secretariat. I'm also very good at math.*

*When I have a calculator.

Are you serious? You are hung like Secretariat?

Old 10-19-2007, 04:23 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,342,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Are you serious? You are hung like Secretariat?
Neigh......

Old 10-19-2007, 04:33 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,127,849 times
Neigh...to Secretariat.

And back on topic, please.

Old 10-19-2007, 04:35 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,342,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Neigh...to Secretariat.

And back on topic, please.

Sorry. I couldn't resist a little horseplay.

Old 10-19-2007, 04:36 PM

You are at the top of the list....of horseplayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Sorry. I couldn't resist a little horseplay.

Old 10-19-2007, 04:44 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,517,568 times
How IS Secretariat hung??

Old 10-19-2007, 04:46 PM

Did you miss the post: back on topic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
How IS Secretariat hung??

Old 10-19-2007, 04:47 PM

ducksburg, you started quite a thread here. How about coming on back and addressing some of the issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksburg View Post
In order to be as much as "political right"as I can,I used the term"possible relation"instead of"relation".

On average,is it possible for Asians to be shorter than the whites? The answer is obviously yes. Why? Because different races have different genes,that means,some races are born shorter than the others on average.And the same thing applied to IQ,intelligence.

Brain is simply a part of human body,just like legs and breasts.We all know that people from some races tend to have bigger-size breasts,legs.Therefore,why should we deny the fact that there's also some possible relation between race and intelligence(or larger brains at least)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies