Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 04:57 PM

1,461 posts, read 2,179,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksburg View Post
In order to be as much as "political right"as I can,I used the term"possible relation"instead of"relation".

On average,is it possible for Asians to be shorter than the whites? The answer is obviously yes. Why? Because different races have different genes,that means,some races are born shorter than the others on average.And the same thing applied to IQ,intelligence.

Brain is simply a part of human body,just like legs and breasts.We all know that people from some races tend to have bigger-size breasts,legs.Therefore,why should we deny the fact that there's also some possible relation between race and intelligence(or larger brains at least)?
Okay, on topic.
Please tell me you are kidding??

As a previous poster said it is all about exposure and available education.
Also it matters who made up the tests and other materials being used to measure intelligence or potential intelligence.

BTW, there are many types of intelligence, most people and tests don't give credit to all of them.

Most of us have a great deal of potential whether you use it and how you use it has more to do with environment, availability of a decent eduation, opportunities and many, many other social factors.

Old 10-19-2007, 04:59 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,340,157 times
Comments by ducksburg:

On average,is it possible for Asians to be shorter than the whites? The answer is obviously yes. Why? Because different races have different genes,that means,some races are born shorter than the others on average.And the same thing applied to IQ,intelligence.

Brain is simply a part of human body,just like legs and breasts.We all know that people from some races tend to have bigger-size breasts,legs.Therefore,why should we deny the fact that there's also some possible relation between race and intelligence(or larger brains at least)?

1. Have you been to Asia lately? The Chinese are as big as you are -- always have been. The Japanese are rapidly catching up -- McDonald's hamburgers, lots of milkshakes and dairy products, etc. Diet is at least as important as genetics.

2. Gross brain size has little to do with intelligence. Case in point: NFL defensive lineman vs. petite female MD trained at Johns Hopkins. Who do you want operating on your innards?

Old 10-19-2007, 05:02 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,126,326 times
I know at least one, perhaps more Japanese males who are 6'3"

I never measured their brain. Perhaps I will next time.

Old 10-19-2007, 05:09 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,640,043 times
I'm just curious. Who do you think has the most brain power? I would like to know if my above average IQ comes from my English, Scotch-Irish, German, or American Indian ancestors. And then there is the question: Above what average?

I have heard the theories that taller people and people with larger hips having higher IQ's. I have also heard that better nutrition and good health causes a person to be taller. I will leave the big hips alone. Which race has the best health and most nutritious diet.

The most important thing we should know is that most of us do not apply the brain power that we have. And "life is like a box of chocolates" anyway.

Last edited by NCN; 10-19-2007 at 05:29 PM..

Old 10-19-2007, 05:13 PM

It must be the multi-culturalism, drawing from all the strengths of your combined self.

Now, in the US, above average is 110-125 IQ. But often I wonder what average means?

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Carolina Native View Post
I'm just curious. Who do you think has the most brain power? I would like to know if my above average IQ comes from my English, Scotch-Irish, German, or American Indian ancestors. And then there is the question: Above what average.

Old 10-19-2007, 05:18 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,340,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
It must be the multi-culturalism, drawing from all the strengths of your combined self.

Now, in the US, above average is 110-125 IQ. But often I wonder what average means?
I think it's like 20-20. If you have an IQ of 100 (average), you know how many cents there are in a dollar. If you have an IQ of 125, you experience what is called "intelligence inflation." And if, like me, you had a lot of money on mid-cap value stocks today, you lost your shirt.

Old 10-19-2007, 05:26 PM

Sorry about your losses, but from a smart perspective, at the time, it was a wise decision gone bad.

I'm creative and probably have an IQ of -175. -- just plum dumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I think it's like 20-20. If you have an IQ of 100 (average), you know how many cents there are in a dollar. If you have an IQ of 125, you experience what is called "intelligence inflation." And if, like me, you had a lot of money on mid-cap value stocks today, you lost your shirt.

Old 10-19-2007, 05:42 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,640,043 times
"Diversification" is the key word. Maybe that comes from being an "All-American Girl." Whoops! I didn't notice you had already said that. I have decided not to look at the stock market for a while. It depresses me.

Last edited by NCN; 10-19-2007 at 05:53 PM..

Old 10-19-2007, 05:44 PM

I bet it is. I am more narrow but still a mutt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Carolina Native View Post
"Diversification" is the key word. Maybe that comes from being an "All-American Girl."

Old 10-19-2007, 05:46 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,511,903 times
Default some of the greats.

Here some of the great mind in history.

Imhotep - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Confucius - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Archimedes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sun Tzu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Percy Lavon Julian - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Isaac Newton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Albert Einstein - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Muhammad ibn Mūsā al-Khwārizmī - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies