Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 12:30 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
that and other stuff also. A seven shot limit basically bans all semi auto handguns which includes relic handguns that are 50 to 100 years old like a Luger or Czech .32 CZ pocket pistol. These guns were made to hold 8 shots. THERE NO SUCH THING AS MAGAZINES FOR THEM HOLDING LESS.

So basically the only handgun you'll be able to buy or own is a revolver.

Yeah, "we aren't going to trample the 2nd amendment for citizens" my azz. Glad I don't live there or I'd be getting ready to move out. Hope gun manufactures in NY move out so the anti's in NY can pay for the unemployment checks.

NY seals 1st state gun laws since Newtown massacre - Yahoo! News
And the gangs with more fire power will not have to worry about the average citizens ability to protect themsleves .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2013, 12:31 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
the law abiding citizens of NY.
According to their governor Cuomo they are the "This is a scourge on society,"

And quote NY democrat senator Klein "This is not about taking anyone's rights away,"

And according to a NY republican senator ""It is well-balanced, it protects the Second Amendment"

And this is what anti democrats and republicans would do on a national level if they could

Old 01-15-2013, 12:32 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
THERE NO SUCH THING AS MAGAZINES FOR THEM HOLDING LESS.
Oh puleeze you don't have to be Thomas Edison to produce a magazine that will fit existing weapons and hold only the stipulated number of rounds.

Quote:
So basically the only handgun you'll be able to buy or own is a revolver.
As if revolvers are suddenly soooo inadequate. Perhaps once you are limited to a revolver you will learn how to shoot accurately.

Quote:
Hope gun manufactures in NY move out so the anti's in NY can pay for the unemployment checks.
I doubt that Kimber is going to be in the least bit unhappy about magazine limits of seven rounds.

Kimber America | 1911 Pistols

Old 01-15-2013, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
The funny thing is, I don't think it's actually a Ban. I believe it simply prohibits the sale of such firearms from this point forward.

Anyone who already owns these firearms in NY would be excluded right?
Anyone who owns a magazine holding more than 7 rounds would have a year to sell them out of state or face charges.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Oh puleeze you don't have to be Thomas Edison to produce a magazine that will fit existing weapons and hold only the stipulated number of rounds.

As if revolvers are suddenly soooo inadequate. Perhaps once you are limited to a revolver you will learn how to shoot accurately.

I doubt that Kimber is going to be in the least bit unhappy about magazine limits of seven rounds.

I really don't get you Ovcatto being someone who knows about guns to be one to agree with this stupid legislation. Sure a revolver is fine, but it should be a CHOICE, the fact that a Luger magazine to them is to be outlawed?

Seriously man, do you think YOUR gun wouldn't be targeted for a ban by them down the road?

10,029 posts, read 8,342,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
The funny thing is, I don't think it's actually a Ban. I believe it simply prohibits the sale of such firearms from this point forward.

Anyone who already owns these firearms in NY would be excluded right?
Wrong. If you read the law they have 1 year to turn in, sell out of state, or modify any existing magazines.

7,808 posts, read 6,387,167 times
Quote:
Anyone wjo owns a magazine holding more than 7 rounds would have a year to sell them out of state or face charges.
You only face charges if they find them and I don't see how they can. Even if they find one in your house, it's only a $200 fine.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:37 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,007,212 times
More emotional legislation.

I honestly don't think that this does anything to prevent gun related deaths that the current restrictions on guns don't already do in NY. It just looks as if something is being done.

In otherwords, if the bad guys want a gun--they are going to get their guns. The issue with NYC and gun control for example has always been the interstate black market trade. It doesn't matter if it's a drug dealer, or some pyscho who lives in the burbs, they will find a way with the relaxed gun laws in other states.

All in all, I think that harsher criminal sentences and other measures such as gun buy back programs have been far more effective in keeping guns off of the street.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:38 PM

15,523 posts, read 10,489,155 times
I'm not totally against the individual states having their own laws or doing what their citizens want. Just leave the rest of us alone.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:39 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,342,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post

That whooooshing sound was the point going over your head. What do you suppose they will do WHEN the next high profile shooting occurs? Will they propose magazine limits of 1 round?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies