Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2013, 08:24 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,033,284 times

Advertisements

NY the home of the 7 gun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2013, 08:31 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,863,777 times
And wait I thought gun people were all paranoid nutjobs and nobody was coming for their guns?

Old 01-15-2013, 08:39 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,267,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
I guess you never travel anywhere by air, since the airlines don't welcome your guns.
What airline would that be?

Firearms and Ammunition | Transportation Security Administration

Old 01-15-2013, 08:39 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I really don't get you Ovcatto being someone who knows about guns to be one to agree with this stupid legislation. Sure a revolver is fine, but it should be a CHOICE, the fact that a Luger magazine to them is to be outlawed?
It really is simple, I'm fracking tired of the slaughter, and I've been tired of it for more than 25 years having covered more shootings and murder scenes than I care to remember.

By the way, the Constitution say anything about choice. It says that you can have a weapon and that you can bear it. It doesn't guarantee a right to keep or bear anything.

Quote:
Seriously man, do you think YOUR gun wouldn't be targeted for a ban by them down the road?
I'm not into slippery slope arguments.

And what do you have against 1911's?

As for the that Lugar, I haven't seen the law so I don't know how it treats antiques and curios which is about that Lugar is.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:41 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,863,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
It really is simple, I'm fracking tired of the slaughter, and I've been tired of it for more than 25 years having covered more shootings and murder scenes than I care to remember.
Yes, I'm sure the slaughter will immediately cease thanks to this wonderful new law.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:47 PM

15,096 posts, read 8,641,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
What a complete joke, I really feel for the law abiding citizens of NY.
I don't feel the least bit of sympathy for them. They elect these communist authoritarians like Bloomberg .. and Coumo, so let them suffer the 40% jump in violent crime .... let them sit in a puddle of urine frantically dialing 911 when some thugs are kicking in their doors .... someone has to be the glaring example of this liberal lunacy ... might as well be the liberals themselves.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
In a gunfight, what would you rather have.....7 rounds or 17??
Personally, I not about to get into a "gunfight" because I'm not about to stand toe to toe with someone. Personal defense shootings on average is within 5 feet or less, if you need 17rds to get it done you are going to have some serious problems. As a civilian you don't have a duty to apprehend the other person, you have no duty or reason to take an offensive position.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Yes, I'm sure the slaughter will immediately cease thanks to this wonderful new law.
No it won't immediately cease, but if it saves one kids life that's enough for me.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:50 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,977,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
I don't feel the least bit of sympathy for them. They elect these communist authoritarians like Bloomberg .. and Coumo, so let them suffer the 40% jump in violent crime .... let them sit in a puddle of urine frantically dialing 911 when some thugs are kicking in their doors .... someone has to be the glaring example of this liberal lunacy ... might as well be the liberals themselves.
NYC just had record low murders, a per capita rate far lower than all other major US cities, although one could debate whether any in Texas are major.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:00 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,373,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
No it won't immediately cease, but if it saves one kids life that's enough for me.
It won't, but I'm sure you don't care if it costs any lives either as long as you get your do nothing feel good law. You can break your arm patting yourself on the back about how those bad guns are banned, but your good guns aren't - for the moment. Hypocrites like you are what causes rights to be lost a piece at a time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies