Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 09:13 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,296,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Then I suggest not moving there if your world revolves around getting LEGAL weed. Most get by fine buying it on the down low if they want some. Not exactly rocket science. I think liberals just see more tax money to steal and waste and their panties are all in a bunch about it.
Pretty much confirms the OP's premise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2013, 09:15 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,261,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Then I suggest not moving there if your world revolves around getting LEGAL weed. Most get by fine buying it on the down low if they want some. Not exactly rocket science. I think liberals just see more tax money to steal and waste and their panties are all in a bunch about it.
But there is the risk of having to spend time in prison and immediately becoming ineligible for decent employment if you get caught with weed. In many states there is a very stiff penalty for a pretty harmless act. In Arizona, I believe its still a felony for possession of any kind.

Old 01-17-2013, 09:18 PM

52 posts, read 33,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
But there is the risk of having to spend time in prison and immediately becoming ineligible for decent employment if you get caught with weed. In many states there is a very stiff penalty for a pretty harmless act. In Arizona, I believe its still a felony for possession of any kind.
Stiff penalty for a roach or even paraphernalia...like a felony. 9(e)

Old 01-17-2013, 09:19 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,220,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
I agree with conservatives on many issues but this one makes no sense. They will fight the legalization of a safe substance just as hard as they will same sex marriage and abortion. The thing is, there is no religious ban on marijuana usage so it can't be fought from that angle. They are for personal liberties until it comes to something pleasurable then they fight it tooth and nail. Just like alcohol and tobacco, marijuana should be a personal choice as long as one doesnt get behind the wheel while under the influence. We need a serious libertarian candidate who will bring back the principles this country was founded on.
Both Democrat and Republican Presidents and Congresses have continued the war on drugs... NOT just conservatives.

Why is GOVERNMENT against personal liberties?

Old 01-17-2013, 09:20 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times
Well I don't know about Arizona because I don't live there. Where I do it's a misdemeanor if your found with a little weed on you. Pay the fine and move on if you want to smoke so bad. Maybe the stoners need to band together and do something instead of whining about it all the time. Put somebody in office that will lead the charge. Or blame everybody else like most do.

Old 01-17-2013, 09:20 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,961,355 times
I myself am pretty sympathetic to the cause of legalization. At the same time, I understand the opposition to it. It is an old school position that still believes that there are fundamental ideologies that our society should stick to. I am surprised that more states have not moved towards positive legislation on the issue.

Old 01-17-2013, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Pretty much confirms the OP's premise.
In your twisted mind I'm sure it does. Like I said most don't care one way or the other. You want to legalize it then do something about it instead of whining and crying that it's not legal. I never see anybody doing anything about it.

Old 01-17-2013, 09:23 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,920,547 times
Its pretty simple.

Do you think the Taliban are for personal liberty? The answer is definitely NO.

And Tea Party = American Taliban.

So no, Tea Party is not for personal liberty unless its somehow intertwined with establishing Christian Sharia Law in America.

Old 01-17-2013, 09:25 PM

We go from legalizing weed to christian sharia law? You wonder why folks don't take you serious. Amazing.

Old 01-17-2013, 09:26 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,961,355 times
Christian Sharia Law. Awesome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies