Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2013, 12:11 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,073,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The message comes from a Nobel Peace Prize nominee.
What message?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier
What motive does he have to report something that is not true?
Ask him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2013, 12:14 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,097,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
How do you know?
How do I now that you're not worshiping Satan while raping and sacrificing children in-between making posts on here?

Do you just believe anything you're told? There are some people out there - we call them rational people - who require evidence in order to accept a claim. You don't seem to be one of those people.

Why do you have faith in "Dr." Jim Garrow and his claims? Is "Dr." Jim Garrow a God of yours?

Quote:
For that matter - how do you know that President Obama was ever a Nobel Peace Prize nominee?
Well, we have plenty of evidence for that. This is more than enough for me:

The Nobel Peace Prize 2009 - Press Release

Old 01-27-2013, 12:25 PM

918 posts, read 816,742 times
Default Does "as plain as day" = 'clear as mud' to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I don't know what you problem is. It's all right there as plain as day to see

//www.facebook.com/jim.garrow.1
I just checked out that link and there is nothing evident and "as plain as day" there. There are links of "Favorites" and links to other persons of similar name. The problem is your's, not mine. Did you post the entire link?

Btw, been working on some other comments you made. Guess what else I found that you had difficulty with?

North Carolina College of Theology
6331 Carolina Beach Rd, Wilmington, NC 28412
Tele: 910-395-5593
College of Theology | Accreditation - NC College of Theology

and also this:
The Bethune Institute

And regarding your repeated comment that he was not a Nobel Peace Prize nominee, I can only say that you cannot prove that as I can not prove my belief, because..."Due to the statutes of the Nobel Foundation, lists of nominations are held for 50 years, so the official list of the Nobel Peace Prize Nominees for 2009 will not be available until at least 2059."
[LEFT]Source: Nobel Peace Prize Nominees 2009 List: Not Available till 2059 | NowPublic News Coverage"

Shall I keep on digging?[/LEFT]

Old 01-27-2013, 12:30 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,561,284 times
Quote:
I don't know why anybody would even for a millisecond think his absurd claim is true.

Let's think about. The gist of this paranoia is that Obama is preparing the military for his upcoming dictatorial, despotic, communist take-over of the United States. To do this, he's applying a litmus test that US military officers must be willing to fire on Americans when he orders it, and those unwilling to fall in line are being forced out of the military.

How many of the roughly 200,000 military officers do you think are onboard with this new Obama directive? I would think very, very few would be, and I would think the ones opposed would be very, very vocal about it - especially after they've been forced out. If this is really happening, why have we only heard about it from "Dr." Jim Garrow (via the unnamed military officer who resigned and then told the unnamed former military leader and "legend" who then told "Dr." Jim Garrow)?
and you would think our representatives wouldn't vote to detain Americans indefinitely without charge, but they did.

Old 01-27-2013, 12:36 PM

79,914 posts, read 44,178,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
and you would think our representatives wouldn't vote to detain Americans indefinitely without charge, but they did.
This is the line of discussion that should be pursued. The video is simply a distraction. It really doesn't matter what someone believes might be happening. What should be addressed is what has and is happening.

Bush did argue that he should be able to put American's in prison and deny them their due process rights. As I noted, luckily we had a sane court at the time.

Obama did target an American citizen for extermination and argued that he had no rights to due process. This did happen. The argument should surround why we allow this to continue down this road as opposed to what might or might not be happening.

Old 01-27-2013, 12:38 PM

Garrow deserved the peace prize, he is a real hero!

In The Pink Pagoda, Dr. James Garrow tells two stories: his personal involvement in helping rescue more than 36,000 Chinese baby girls from death, and the tragic story of a widely used and malicious cultural practice that crosses borders and spans centuries.
Transitioning from reluctant participant in an off-the-books adoption program to a visible champion for the rights of these babies whose parents wished to “set them aside,†Garrow’s story parallels our own. Most Westerners are only vaguely aware of the extent to which China’s one-baby-per-household restriction has played out in that country and around the world and what they can do to stop it.
Pink Pagoda Girls - Saving Baby Girls in China

Old 01-27-2013, 12:41 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,073,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Garrow deserved the peace prize, he is a real hero!
Too bad then that he was never nominated.

Old 01-27-2013, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
This is the line of discussion that should be pursued. The video is simply a distraction. It really doesn't matter what someone believes might be happening. What should be addressed is what has and is happening.

Bush did argue that he should be able to put American's in prison and deny them their due process rights. As I noted, luckily we had a sane court at the time.

Obama did target an American citizen for extermination and argued that he had no rights to due process. This did happen. The argument should surround why we allow this to continue down this road as opposed to what might or might not be happening.
The military industrial complex runs this country, and pretty much the globe. Once a dictator weeds out the uncorruptable, he's got free license. We are talking about the top brass, the rest will follow orders. If not, they will be punished.

Old 01-27-2013, 12:44 PM

918 posts, read 816,742 times
Default Knock off the attempted snow-job

Quote:
How do I now that you're not worshiping Satan while raping and sacrificing children in-between making posts on here?

Do you just believe anything you're told? There are some people out there - we call them rational people - who require evidence in order to accept a claim. You don't seem to be one of those people.

Why do you have faith in "Dr." Jim Garrow and his claims? Is "Dr." Jim Garrow a God of yours?

Well, we have plenty of evidence for that. This is more than enough for me:

The Nobel Peace Prize 2009 - Press Release

------------------------------------------------------
Drop the excessive sarcasm mister hammertime, in your attempt to bulldoze us. Your so-called evidence, hardly empirical in nature, is selective at best. Your opening up of Obama's announced Nobel Prize was made public only, because he was a winner, The Committee selectively decides on which NOMINEE'S names they'll release at their discretion. Interesting observation on the Obozo clown though. He no sooner is awarded the Prize than his pompous arrogance bristling over, he takes the stage to "Lecture" the world on his sentiments. How fitting for him. Didn't that JUMP OUT AT YOU mister hammertime!

Quote:
There have been some names released of the 2009 nominees however.

This included Colombia Senator Piedad Cordoba, Sima Samar, Chinese dissident Hu Jia, and Prime Minister of Zimbabwe Morgan Tsvangirai.

Other nominees are believed to be French President Nicholas Sarkozy, Ingrid Betancourt, the Cluster Munitions Coalition, Zivko Popovski-Cvetin, SOS-Kinderedorf International, Greg Mortenson, Thich Quang Do and Pete Seeger.
Source: Nobel Peace Prize Nominees 2009 List: Not Available till 2059 | NowPublic News Coverage

Old 01-27-2013, 12:48 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,000,767 times
Quote:
There are some people out there - we call them rational people - who require evidence in order to accept a claim. You don't seem to be one of those people.
I have heard the testimony of a man with no motive to lie. You have accused him of fabrication. Any rational person - which you don't appear to be - would provide some substantial basis for summarily dismissing Mr. Garrow's report.

What evidence do you want?

He can't name the source - let's call him 'Deep Throat' - because he fears retaliation.

Do you think that it is a good thing to require such a litmus test? If not, then why not work to keep the president honest, and beholden to the constitution?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies