Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2013, 12:49 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Too bad then that he was never nominated.
You have made the claim that he was never nominated.

Care to defend the claim?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2013, 12:54 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
The military industrial complex runs this country, and pretty much the globe. Once a dictator weeds out the uncorruptable, he's got free license. We are talking about the top brass, the rest will follow orders. If not, they will be punished.
And we already know that orders were followed to assassinate and arrest American citizens and deny them their Constitutionally acknowledged rights of due process so there really is no need for discussion beyond that.

Old 01-27-2013, 12:55 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,570,059 times
I'm sure the Italians never thougth this could happen to them.

This year in Italy alone around 12,000 people had armed government workers trespass on their property, take them against their will and lock them up in a cage.
If any of these people made any attempts to defend themselves on their own property as they would against any other intruder, they would have been killed and treated as if they were the aggressor.
12,000 Peaceful People Arrested in Italy for Not Paying Taxes and Police Discover Thriving Black Market | Pakalert Press

Old 01-27-2013, 01:03 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,570,059 times
and you ask why this insider won't come forward?
Because Obama has declared war on whistleblowers.
Obama's War On Whistleblowers | Pakalert Press

Quote:
“I’m headed to prison while the torturers and the lawyers who papered over it and the people who conceived it and the man who destroyed the proof of it, the tapes, will never face justice.”
“And that’s the saddest part of the story,” he added. Unconscionable crimes reflect official policy. Police states operate that way.
Obama heads the worst of rogue governance. Humanity may not survive another four years.

Old 01-27-2013, 01:06 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,107,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhugo View Post
I just checked out that link and there is nothing evident and "as plain as day" there. There are links of "Favorites" and links to other persons of similar name. The problem is your's, not mine. Did you post the entire link?
I posted a link to his Facebook page. What else do you need? Evey claim I made about his Facebook page is right there on his Facebook page:

He claims to have graduated from East Kentwood High School in Kentwood Michigan in 1964, Saranac High School in Saranac NY in 1965, Caronport High School in Caronport Saskatchewan in 1969, and Weston Collegiate Institute in Weston Ontario in 1970.

He doesn't however list his post high school education, he simply states "Did some degrees."

He says his hometown is Clydebank, Scottland
He says he currently lives in Casa Grande, Arizona.
He describes himself as a "Christ Follower" and "Middle of the road extremist"

4 of his top 10 favorite quotes are:

1/ "God will provide you a vision as large as your faith"- Jim Garrow, 2004

2/ "Don't tell me how outraged you are; do something about it!" - Jim Garrow, 2008

3/ “We view each child as a gift from God, full of promise and potential, needing only the opportunity to add something special to humanity. There are no throw aways!” - Jim Garrow, 2006

8/ "Obama will sell out everyone that he uses in his own quest for power. There are no loyalities with this narcissistic sociopath, only people to help him get what he wants. Its the only child syndrome, the spoiled brat who always gets his way." - Jim Garrow, 2010

Quote:
Btw, been working on some other comments you made. Guess what else I found that you had difficulty with?

North Carolina College of Theology
6331 Carolina Beach Rd, Wilmington, NC 28412
Tele: 910-395-5593
College of Theology | Accreditation - NC College of Theology
Good for you. I image that was very easy to find considering I provided you with a link to the "college's" webpage.

It's still an unaccredited college that sells religious "life experience" PhDs with no work required. It's a scam college, and their PhD program is a total crock-of-****, and exactly where some fraud would mail in his application and fees to get a "PhD" if he wanted to make it seem like he's a Dr. despite the fact that he isn't.

Quote:
And regarding your repeated comment that he was not a Nobel Peace Prize nominee, I can only say that you cannot prove that as I can not prove my belief, because..."Due to the statutes of the Nobel Foundation, lists of nominations are held for 50 years, so the official list of the Nobel Peace Prize Nominees for 2009 will not be available until at least 2059."
[LEFT]Source: Nobel Peace Prize Nominees 2009 List: Not Available till 2059 | NowPublic News Coverage"
Yeah, I stated he did a professional con-man move. He's claiming something that can neither be proved nor disproved. Again, consider his story: He and Yoda, the Chinese "KGB" agent who secretly risks his life to help "Dr." Jim Garrow, saved a girl who turned out to be the granddaughter of the President of an unknown and unnamed major Chinese University. This unnamed and unknown man, who also happens to be an official Nobel Peace Prize nominator, happened to somehow find out that "Dr." Jim Garrow saved his granddaughter's life, so he called "Dr." Jim Garrow out of the blue to thank him and nominate him for the Nobel Peace Prize.

Of course you can't disprove that. It's just the made up nonsense of a dingbat. And even if the Noble Committee came out and said he was never nominated, "Dr." Jim Garrow would just turn around and say that the unnamed, unknown man must have lied to him (or he'd probably come up with some story about how the Chinese government became aware and killed the guy - he'd probably find a way to weave Obama into the story and blame him too).

I too could write that I'm a Noble Peace Prize nominee on my resume, on my facebook page, on my profile here at CityData. Nobody could disprove that either.

Hell, "Dr." Jim Garrow might as well claim all of his insight comes from the fact he was abducted by time-traveling aliens who showed him the future under Obama and told him that if he didn't act the entire universe was in peril. We couldn't disprove that claim either.

Quote:
Shall I keep on digging
Sure. I'd implore you too. You haven't shown me anything I haven't seen or anything that discredits anything I've said.

Last edited by hammertime33; 01-27-2013 at 01:30 PM..

Old 01-27-2013, 01:11 PM

3,004 posts, read 5,152,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I have heard the testimony of a man with no motive to lie. You have accused him of fabrication. Any rational person - which you don't appear to be - would provide some substantial basis for summarily dismissing Mr. Garrow's report.

What evidence do you want?

He can't name the source - let's call him 'Deep Throat' - because he fears retaliation.

Do you think that it is a good thing to require such a litmus test? If not, then why not work to keep the president honest, and beholden to the constitution?
No motive? Have you seen his db page. It is all anti-obama. It is literally an obsession. He has motive and that is simply not liking the man. Once you hate a person, rational thought tends to go out the window which most of his fb rants are just that; irrational. I undsrstand the right sees nothing wrong with anti obama all the time but we went 4 years without the sky falling and this term will keep the sky intact as well.

Old 01-27-2013, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I have heard the testimony of a man with no motive to lie. You have accused him of fabrication. Any rational person - which you don't appear to be - would provide some substantial basis for summarily dismissing Mr. Garrow's report.
I'm accusing him of being a self-aggrandizing, self-promoting fraud and liar. Self-aggrandizement and self-promotion is his motive. And I've backed that up with a lot of info: //www.city-data.com/forum/27961065-post78.html

Quote:
What evidence do you want?
Any would be fine seeing as how there is absolutely none.

And I'd like to see any evidence he's actually done any charity work in China and saved even one baby from being slaughtered (let alone the 50,000 he claims he has saved). The Canadian reporter who did a human interest piece on him in 2010 could find no evidence of that at all.

Old 01-27-2013, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhugo View Post
------------------------------------------------------
Drop the excessive sarcasm mister hammertime, in your attempt to bulldoze us. Your so-called evidence, hardly empirical in nature, is selective at best. Your opening up of Obama's announced Nobel Prize was made public only, because he was a winner, The Committee selectively decides on which NOMINEE'S names they'll release at their discretion. Interesting observation on the Obozo clown though. He no sooner is awarded the Prize than his pompous arrogance bristling over, he takes the stage to "Lecture" the world on his sentiments. How fitting for him. Didn't that JUMP OUT AT YOU mister hammertime!

Source: Nobel Peace Prize Nominees 2009 List: Not Available till 2059 | NowPublic News Coverage
Sarcasm? I was asked how I know Obama was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize. I answered by providing 2 pieces of actual evidence: the press release from the Noble Committee announcing his win and his Nobel Peace Prize winners lecture.

Does anyone here have any actual evidence "Dr." Jim Garrow was nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize?

Old 01-27-2013, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Garrow deserved the peace prize, he is a real hero!

In The Pink Pagoda, Dr. James Garrow tells two stories: his personal involvement in helping rescue more than 36,000 Chinese baby girls from death, and the tragic story of a widely used and malicious cultural practice that crosses borders and spans centuries.
Transitioning from reluctant participant in an off-the-books adoption program to a visible champion for the rights of these babies whose parents wished to “set them aside,” Garrow’s story parallels our own. Most Westerners are only vaguely aware of the extent to which China’s one-baby-per-household restriction has played out in that country and around the world and what they can do to stop it.
Pink Pagoda Girls - Saving Baby Girls in China
And here's a review of that book by an expert in Chinese adoption who runs the largest online site for Americans looking to adopt from China:

Research-China.Org: Review of Jim Garrow's "The Pink Pagoda"

It basically tears into it as a piece of crap and a complete work of fiction.

Also, I find it odd that a Canadian reporter who did a human interest piece on "Dr." Jim Garrow in 2010 couldn't find any evidence of his Pink Pagoda charity being registered as a charity anywhere or of having done any charity work. The reporter also asked "Dr." Jim Garrow about his Bethune Institute and the schools it allegedly runs. "Dr." Jim Garrow replied: “You don’t need to know that. It doesn’t make the story better.” When pushed, "Garrow says the institute also has 168 partnerships with schools in China. He indicated one former school was located in Chongqing, a major city in southwestern China, but said he couldn’t discuss the locations or names of any of his current schools."

The life of Guelph

Old 01-27-2013, 01:36 PM

918 posts, read 817,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Sarcasm? I was asked how I know Obama was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize. I answered by providing 2 pieces of actual evidence: the press release from the Noble Committee announcing his win and his Nobel Peace Prize winners lecture.

Does anyone here have any actual evidence "Dr." Jim Garrow was nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize?
Like I already told you, you can prove your position and I can't prove mine...as yo well now from the link I POSTED. All because the Nobel Prize has, since the death of Alfred Nobel, morphed into a politically correct venture. That's the reason they withhold the nominees names for 50 years and ONLY opt to release the "safe" and "politically correct" ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies