Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2013, 02:30 PM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
I think you have that wrong. I think bigotry is more about fear than about power. It's about irrationally disliking people who are different from yourself. When you dislike something for no reason other than that it is different from what you consider the norm, that's generally an indication of insecurity, and thus fear. That may indeed prompt you to seek power over that which you dislike, but I think the heart of it is fear. The instinctual distrust of the unknown.
Actually, no. Power and control may not be the only reasons, but it is certain a big part of it. You have to look at the history of discrimination and bigotry, and how it has worked. Yes, irrational thinking and and fear of those different from you play a part. However, WHY are those persons fearing someone different from them? You have to consider the history. Why did politicians come up with Jim Crow? Fear had a part, but so did control. People wanted to control others because they feared that Blacks would grow to challenged racial supremacy, politically and economically. It doesn't sound rational, but as you say, alot of people don't think raionally.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:33 PM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times
This thread has turned into nothing but a bash fest.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:39 PM

2,722 posts, read 5,472,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodsofATL View Post
Of course, you wouldn't understand you need significant amounts of melanin in your skin to understand. White Privilege, is more so about oppression of the non-whites in this country, which most whites have little understanding or idea about...
What a bunch of BS. You actually believe this, don't you?

Old 02-19-2013, 02:40 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,903,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
And he's a failure why? Because you know him personally? What if he makes more money than you do? (Which might well be the case). What if he's more intelligent than you are? (Which might also well be the case).
Then I would ask him, "Hoods, was it the melanin which did it? Is that the secret to your success?"

The point remains in either case, racial traits mean dck. You would have to be some brand of sucker to swallow a b.s. theory like 'my melanin made me do it'. Only continuous failure and ineptitude could drive a man to such an ideology, so I made the call based on that assumption. Am I far off hoods?

Old 02-19-2013, 03:04 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,735,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
Then I would ask him, "Hoods, was it the melanin which did it? Is that the secret to your success?"

The point remains in either case, racial traits mean dck. You would have to be some brand of sucker to swallow a b.s. theory like 'my melanin made me do it'. Only continuous failure and ineptitude could drive a man to such an ideology, so I made the call based on that assumption. Am I far off hoods?
No. The question you have to ask him, is, how did the savage discrimination in this country affect you? That's all you need to ask. The rest, you need to put on your seat, and sit on it.

Old 02-19-2013, 03:45 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,903,379 times
Quote:
No. The question you have to ask him, is, how did the savage discrimination in this country affect you? That's all you need to ask. The rest, you need to put on your seat, and sit on it.
Savage discrimination huh? :'| <--- that's a tear on my cheek. I shed it just for him.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:06 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,411,909 times
Quote:
I think it's obvious. The "savage discrimination" (or the perceived discrimination) has affected his psyche and self-esteem to the point that he has turned to reactionary and racist leaders to find self-affirmation in crack pot afrocentrism, revisionist history and bizarre mysticism.

It should not be encouraged or tolerated.

Really, it's not much different than the same forces at play that motivate white nationalism (or Chicano nationalism, or any other racist supremacist theorists). Ignorance, fear, and usually a disadvantaged background somehow left out from the mainstream.

That he has access to a computer and education are all the tools that he needs to make a better life for himself. But neither he, nor anyone else will get ahead immersing themselves in crackpottery.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:15 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,411,909 times
Quote:

Also, I'm confused.... why on EARTH would you condone ANY racist superiority ideologies?

The goal of anti-racists is to eradicate it in ALL of its forms... not, "except stupid black racism as something that I guess black people can't help".... the guy pretty much stated Asians and Europeans are not "real humans".... that kind of crap is not excusable, and if a white supremacist said the same thing he'd be shouted down for his ignorance.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:27 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,266,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Also, I'm confused.... why on EARTH would you condone ANY racist superiority ideologies?

The goal of anti-racists is to eradicate it in ALL of its forms... not, "except stupid black racism as something that I guess black people can't help".... the guy pretty much stated Asians and Europeans are not "real humans".... that kind of crap is not excusable, and if a white supremacist said the same thing he'd be shouted down for his ignorance.
Basically.
//www.city-data.com/forum/28317962-post319.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodsofATL View Post
Either way it goes, you still have Neaderthal blood coursing through your veins while I have true human blood and melanin through my vein

I'll post links if you don't know how to do research yourself... Comprende?

LMAO, only thing you proved to me was a person, with the same name, but we're human, well I am really, you're aren't... yet, but evolution will be fair in some centuries, maybe . I proved my point and will continue to til you give it up.

This is from a medical jouney in the 40's, not me:

Old 02-19-2013, 05:01 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,935,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
No **** it's not fair, try being an indian being born into poverty.
Screw that, I'd rather have been an arab born into oil money:

Saudi Billionaire Throws Money On Women - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.