Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2013, 07:21 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,207,077 times

Advertisements

[quote=RebelYell14;28237170]Students taught: It’s unfair to be white

I LOVE BEING WHITE! My kids LOVE being white,I celebrate my race and heritage and culture whenever I get a chance. I get up in the morning thanking nature for giving me white skin! NOTHING you will do will ever make me upset I am white the same goes for my wife and children.Go ahead make fun,call me racist,bigot,inbred I don't care! I really don't.[/QUO I smell troll

Old 02-17-2013, 07:25 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,114,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
imao, a good amount of American "laws" where based around controlling blacks... they feared the blacks would come up and try to kill them.

I can't take this post or the OP seriously, typical trolling bait CD style.
Oh I agree. Sort of like a kid who knows they have been bad trying to hide from dad cause they know they have a whipping coming......only on a much more serious level of course. I think that the bigots are really afraid that others will do to them what they know they would do to those others.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:10 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Oh I agree. Sort of like a kid who knows they have been bad trying to hide from dad cause they know they have a whipping coming......only on a much more serious level of course. I think that the bigots are really afraid that others will do to them what they know they would do to those others.
Bigotry is about controlling people in disturbing ways. Many people are bigots because it makes them feel powerful. Some people are bigots because they have power and are intent on their lust for power and control.

Old 02-18-2013, 02:55 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If you don't know where the behavior comes from, then you can't do anything about it. You see, by me doing research, listening to people who have made out of the ghetto, and looking behind the statistics, I can learn more, and I have a better understanding of things. It is the first step in trying to do something about it.
Question, what is the percentage that make it out of the ghetto and become successful adults? I don't know if there are any stats on this.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:06 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
You see, I don't know everything, but I do research, I try to find out where such behavior comes from. As for the behavior, well, this is what I know. It can be attributed to lack of education, lack of parental guidance, in addition to the poverty, anger, drugs.

This is what I know of where I live. I live in a subdivision. Basically, it is middle class in my subdivision. Whites live here. Blacks live here. There aren't issue with crime in my subdivision. If I go a mile down the road, I can find a trailer park and lower class residents.

I live in a rural area and I've had to deal with rednecks. I've been harassed by them. And even though redneck culture is in rural areas, it is still just as destructive. In Chicago, in the Uptown area, Appalachian migrants went to that area, and the police were more afraid of dealing with them than the Black population. Chicago's Hillbilly Problem During the Great Migration - The 312 - January 2012 - Chicago

Hillbilly Heaven: Chicago’s Other Migration from the South | Newcity

Black Rednecks & White Liberals

Redneck culture never benefited Blacks or Whites. It held people back. I've always said that the "ghetto culture" came about because of the worst elements found in the underclass that lived in the South. It was a matter of diffusion, incubation, and diffusion again. Those who obtained a decent education, or who secured a good job could leave all of that behind. Those who didn't ended up retaining it, and then the drug epidemic came, and then the hijacking of hip-hop. Please remember that hip-hop didn't start out bad, but when quick money was involved, it started changing into something bad. Instead of rapping about the issues that were taking place in the community, it because about drugs, killing people, and being a pimp.

There isn't just "one" cause, because it was alot of things culminating together.
I tend to agree with this somewhat, I always said, education is the only way out of poverty and poverty is the root cause of all of this behavior.

Old 02-18-2013, 06:33 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodsofATL

I merely disputed a claim you made that there are popular depiction of cavemen, but 10,000 BC and other moveis tried to make a historical-fiction type of film of Neanderthal people.
There is no dispute that the media has DEPICTIONS of cave people.My claim was that cave people WERE NOT AS DEPICTED.

Let's break that down in SIMPLE English for you: Cave people in real life were not what you find on the TV or in movies.

Again, you might learn this when you actually get you some edumacation some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanye West
I don't listen to Kanye West, not really a fan of his so I wouldn't know of that claim, though history supports the claim of Napolean shooting the nose off of the Sphinx, you do know the French also has slavery in their history, they probably were upset about The Haitian Revolution and the "embarrassment" of losing from the Slaves. I'm not looking to boost my self-esteem, but I am gaining knowledge and history and thus looking at the given/fed history that I've been given from this government in a different light. And please inform me of the "mystic mumbo jumbo" you're referring to.
You may not listen to Kanye West, but both you AND him drink from the same fountain of ignorance:

European visitors to Egypt prior to Napoleon's expedition had already discovered the vandalism to the Sphinx. In 1546, for example, when Dr. Pierre Belon explored Egypt, he visited "the great colossus." "The Sphinx," writes Leslie Greener in The Discovery Of Egypt (London : Cassell, 1966), p.38, by this time "no longer [had] the stamp of grace and beauty so admired by Abdel Latif in 1200." Greener goes on to say: "this exonerates the artillerymen of Napoleon Bonaparte, who have the popular reputation of having used the nose of the Sphinx as a target." The charge against Napoleon is particularly unjust because the French general brought with him a large group of "savants" to conduct the first scientific study of Egypt and its antiquities.

Finally, an article by Ulrich Haarmann, "Regional Sentiment in Medieval Islamic Egypt," published in the University of London's Bulletin Of The School Of Oriental And African Studies (BSOAS), vol.43 (1980) p.55-66, states that according to Makrizi, Rashidi and other medieval Arab scholars, the face of the Sphinx was vandalized in 1378 A.D. by Mohammed Sa'im al-Dahr, a "fanatical sufi of the oldest and most highly respected sufi convent of Cairo." The nose and ears are mentioned specifically as having been damaged at this time. According to one account, Haarmann states, the residents in the neighborhood of the Sphinx were so upset by the destruction that they lynched him and buried him near the great monument he ruined. (Thanks to Ann Macy Roth's article in the online Ancient Near East Digest (University of Chicago, Oriental Institute) for the information on Haarmann's article).

Faq#11: Who shot off the nose of the Sphinx?

Your spiritual mystic crap is your claim that "blacks are more spiritual than whites"... you shamelessly continue to perpetuate such nonsense, AND BELIEVE IT. Some populations are more RELIGIOUS than others, but that's really a symptom of undereducation and gullibility unrelated to inborn racial differences!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodsofATL
And yet you nor anyone one else for that matter can do so, quit typing...

You have not refuted not one bit of claim that I brought up nor have you brought any evidence that this is made up claims.
On the contrary. In two threads alone you were wrong about the DNA of Neandethals and humans.

And, I asked you about Napolean because it's the #1 calling card for an Afrocentrist "scholar" who is talking out of his or her rear end.

Now carry on putting your head in the sand.

Or do the high schoolers have today off because it's dead white president's day?

Old 02-18-2013, 06:58 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
In other words, you can't admit that you were way off based about who was involved in this campaign. It's alright...it's obvious you have some issues going on there. All that anger toward dark skin people and no one in the video was that dark at all. LOL.
I did NOT watch your video. I ain't backing down tho. I stand by what I said.

Old 02-18-2013, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Question, what is the percentage that make it out of the ghetto and become successful adults? I don't know if there are any stats on this.
There are no statistics on this, but more and more Blacks have university-level degrees than ever before.

Old 02-18-2013, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
I tend to agree with this somewhat, I always said, education is the only way out of poverty and poverty is the root cause of all of this behavior.
I have been saying this as well, than education is important. Poverty is a part of the problem, in addition to low education attainment, lack of jobs, broken homes.

Old 02-18-2013, 07:28 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I did NOT watch your video. I ain't backing down tho. I stand by what I said.
Ha ha ha! Of course you didn't. It was a video of different minorities participating in the campaign, but you're running from the truth. Pathetic but not surprising.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies